Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin has never, EVER seen Russia from her house. Another lie!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    ^ They may be informed about what's going on in their state, but they don't seem to be too informed on Palin's actual comments.
    Palin may not have said that she can see Russia from her house, but she has made the point that she's in such close proximity to Russia that it qualifies as foreign policy experience. Which is where the 'I can see Russia from my house' comes from.

Obama's comment about 57 states was a gaffe, and not something he kept saying over and over again. If Palin's comment was a one-time gaffe, then nobody should be making a big deal about it, but it's not a gaffe and it's not a one-time thing.

^ Honey, I am not nit-picking. And you guys need to re-read posts, I UNDERSTAND WHAT SHE SAID, AND I UNDERSTAND THAT HER LOCATION DOES NOT MEAN SHE HAS FOREIGN POLICY EXPERIENCE, but I can also realize when a statement is incorrect, and the title of this thread is just that, incorrect, she did not lie, you can see Russia from and island in Alaska.

I was more or less joking with Grimm anyway. He always so demanding and calling out incorrect titles, so I had to do the same.

And Fluffy, your question makes no sense, Palin wasn't even on SNL.

I think the point (Fluffy's) may be that the guy with the sign has a sense of humor.

You guys are now acting like the House and Senate. Argue all day over things that have little to do with what is important. I must admit I giggled at Sweetie poking Grimm.

Yeah, it does make sense.
    ^How do you know the man in the picture doesn't know the difference between what was said on SNL and what Palin said in her interview with Charlie Gibson?
    What was said on SNL= Tina Fey: "I can see Alaska from my house."

Palin with Charlie Gibson: "You can see Russia from an island in Alaska."

Again, Sweetie, how do you know the man in the picture doesn't know the difference between these two?

Quote Originally Posted by Little Wombat View Post
    I think the point (Fluffy's) may be that the guy with the sign has a sense of humor.
    I get that. I am just saying had it been against Obama every one would be talking about how big a FAIL it was because it was based on incorrect info.

I am for equal hate on all sides. I just find it funny that people hate on McCain just because they read something. Whereas, if you hate on Obama they start bringing up facts. I just want to see it done on both sides, because they are both unworthy of the job.

Yeah, it does make sense.

What was said on SNL= Tina Fey: "I can see Alaska from my house."

Palin with Charlie Gibson: "You can see Russia from an island in Alaska."

Again, Sweetie, how do you know the man in the picture doesn't know the difference between these two?
    I don't know anything about the man, he lives about 4,000 miles away from me.
    Last edited by Tati; October 1st, 2008 at 12:23 PM.

I dont see Obama making an idiot out of himself everytime he opens his mouth. Palin does

I don't know anything about the man, he lives about 4,000 miles away from me.
    Then why bother making statements like these:
    That might actually be funny, had she made the "house" statement. Otherwise, it's a total fail and makes that guy look like a sheep following a flock of uninformed people.
    ^ They may be informed about what's going on in their state, but they don't seem to be too informed on Palin's actual comments.

^ What does that have to do with anything?
    Right is right and wrong is wrong.
    If you are going to base Obama's statements on facts, and argue with people over it then the same should be done with McCain.
    I think McCain and Palin both are retards, and yes, I think Obama would be much better suited for the job. I am just tired of people taking what Obama said as the truth, and whatever McCain and Palin said as lies. People clearly aren't researching this stuff, they are just riding along with the lies.
    Today two lies have been proven wrong...the book banning list and this statement. Just think of how long these two things have been discussed and people have taken them to be the truth. It's sad, that's all I am saying.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

The reason is sweetie is because we like Obama and hate McCain, simple at that. Sorry, "the moose out front should told ya". Quote from National Lampoon's "Vacation"
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Then why bother making statements like these:
    Fluffy, you clearly don't get it.
    He is trying to make a funny against what people want to claim Palin said. In reality she didn't say it, so therefore he looks like an idiot, and is actually a sheep that is feeding the lies to other people.
    I just want people to know the real facts, and not the made up stuff that people are trying to down them for.
    Shit, the woman has enough that we can rag her about, so lets use those things that we can actually prove.

And Nana, I understand that, I just want people to take the hate-filled glasses off and maybe help Obama instead of hurting him with lies. When people that support Obama shoot off with lies it does nothing but hurts his cause.

See what I'm saying?

If McCain and Palin are both idiots, why cant we call them so?

^ When did I say you couldn't?

Fluffy, you clearly don't get it.
    He is trying to make a funny against what people want to claim Palin said. In reality she didn't say it, so therefore he looks like an idiot, and is actually a sheep that is feeding the lies to other people.
    I just want people to know the real facts, and not the made up stuff that people are trying to down them for.
    Shit, the woman has enough that we can rag her about, so lets use those things that we can actually prove.
    No, I get it. It's a political sign. It doesn't matter whether or not she actually said it. She didn't have to say it because the sign itself a play on the joke about her comment regarding Alaska and Russia. There's been plenty of political signs and slogans throughout the past that don't specifically reference quotes by people. It's not a requirement, ya know.

^ Yeah, okay, I wonder how long it took him to come up with that. So original and knee slapping funny.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information