Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin: God will do the right thing on Election Day

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    Keep praying. It can't hurt!

KC, sadly, some days my faith in this system is so depleted, I wonder if the travesty which was the 2000 election, will be blown out of the water by how far the powers that be would be willing to go to keep Obama out of the White House.

After the 2000 farce, I had an epiphany. Regardless of what the people want, the government has ways to slap us in the face.

I would not be surprised to see Obama win the popular vote by millions, yet the Electoral College votes somehow give McCain a comfortably padded number above 270.

If McCain steals this election, I am throwing an End of the World As We Know It party.
    Agree with everything you wrote, RIS.

^^ I wish, and still hold hope, I am dead wrong. I don't think I am.

I was kicked out of a government class in high school for this statement,"The US is definitely a government which has a name beginning with D. It isn't democracy. It's dictatorship. At least Cuba is honest about it."

On my way out I told the teacher,"If you think voting means a damn thing, you're nuts. You will see one day."

I said that in the mid-nineties, long before 2000.

Of course God will do the right thing. It'll be a landslide for Obama and back to Alaska and a recall election for Palin. God knows how to bitchslap people too ya know!

I was kicked out of a government class in high school for this statement,"The US is definitely a government which has a name beginning with D. It isn't democracy. It's dictatorship. At least Cuba is honest about it."

On my way out I told the teacher,"If you think voting means a damn thing, you're nuts. You will see one day."

I said that in the mid-nineties, long before 2000.
    I hope things work out in Obama's favor this year, and my gut tells me it will, but I still can't shake that nagging feeling that Republicans are going to pull a fast one...again.

On a sidenote, I almost got kicked out of one of my Western Civilization classes in college for saying Christopher Columbus didn't discover America since the Indians were here before him, and that went against the definition of 'discover.'

Are you kidding? How could they justify throwing you out? Isn't the US based on freedom of speech? Sounds like your government class was run by a dictator.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    On a sidenote, I almost got kicked out of one of my Western Civilization classes in college for saying Christopher Columbus didn't discover America since the Indians were here before him, and that went against the definition of 'discover.'
    Haha. Just like how he "discovered" the Dominican Republic.
    Right.

King, you're funny!

I hope things work out in Obama's favor this year, and my gut tells me it will, but I still can't shake that nagging feeling that Republicans are going to pull a fast one...again.

I feel the same thing. I guess we have been so tainted by stolen elections before that you just cannot trust them. They will lie, steal, cheat, whatever it takes and that's the scary part. I too pray each day for the Obama's and Biden's and that they win. I also throw in one that the other two go back to the tundra and desert and live quietly ever after.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Of course God will do the right thing. It'll be a landslide for Obama and back to Alaska and a recall election for Palin. God knows how to bitchslap people too ya know!
    God bitchslapped us for the last 8 years with GWB. What was that about??? What lesson did we have to learn for that living Hell?

not surprised. she's catering to the fundie base after all.
    i used to watch the 700 club sometimes when i was in canada, for shits and giggles (that show is seriously fucked up), and one time - this was when the supreme court was deciding the outcome of the election - in a segment of the show with pat robertson's pervy looking son they actually dimmed the lights in the studio, held hands and prayed to god for bush to win.
    it was hilariously disturbing.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
    God bitchslapped us for the last 8 years with GWB. What was that about??? What lesson did we have to learn for that living Hell?
    Don't vote for idiots. I know plenty of people who did vote for W.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Don't vote for idiots. I know plenty of people who did vote for W.
    I do too. Some of them regret their decision in 2004 and some of them actually still stand behind him. This is the part that has me completely batshit crazy.

so what's their rationale for still standing behind him? What do they bring up as a "success" story for Shrub
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

KC, I wish we had been in class together. Hey, there is still the possibility we can hold court one day and give the US a double dose of reality. Let them try kicking us out now!

Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
    Are you kidding? How could they justify throwing you out? Isn't the US based on freedom of speech? Sounds like your government class was run by a dictator.
    I went to school in an area that is exactly who Palin panders to. It is the bible belt, chock full of fundie conservative bigoted asses, and as a minority female with a big mouth, I wasn't one of their favorite students.

I refused to greet a representative, whose ideas I strongly disagreed with. As a person known to make bigoted comments, and praise vocal racists, he had earned something, but respect it was not. I refused participation in a Jefferson Davis re-enactment. I vocally protested a field trip to a plantation, which required us to spend the day in period dress and roles. Hello bitch! I am not serving you! It was called off.

When my refusals didn't work, I was not above letting the media weigh in on it.

The people McCain and Palin are calling out to are people like the ones involved in the bullshit above. They are scary. They have archaic beliefs and if given the chance to abuse power, the majority will suffer.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

I have been getting hate emails from fundies for a week now. The Mr wrote a column backing Obama for sane sound reasons in the local paper at their invitation. Those hate emails, a couple wishing harm to us and our kids, all say the craziest shit like Hitler Barbie is spouting, like if Obama gets elected he'll put the whites in custody and punish them for the sins of slavery, to Obama being an assassins target with widespread racial violence occurring upon his death with the whites getting killed by the blacks in anger. Another suggests if Obama is elected the financial crisis will worsen and food shortages will occur, leading to, you guessed it, racial violence as blackie beats up whitey for his Wheaties. Another couple said that the Democrats had spent YEARS setting up this economic crisis in order to get back in power, uh yeah. The rest babbled on and on and on about the 'pre born babies' blood crying out for vengence and that anyone that votes for pro choice Obama was accessory to murder in the eyes of God. More complained that Obama was a friend and supporter of 'Sodomites' for not actively resisting homo marriage. Another sent a photograph of Obama holding a book he claimed was a radical terrorist guide which when I looked at the title was actually written by a Newsweek writer about the emerging Asian/India economies.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry that there are such tin foil hatters alive and well out here.

My question to you guys is what do you think these types will do when Obama is elected? Will we see some sort of apocalyptic showdown cult or more occurrences like Oklahoma City or just tin foil hat grumblings? How bad is this all going to get?

KC, I wish we had been in class together. Hey, there is still the possibility we can hold court one day and give the US a double dose of reality. Let them try kicking us out now!
    Screw class, we could make a run for the White House. The KC/RIS ticket or RIS/KC ticket. Let's give 'em hell!

Quote Originally Posted by cheetopia View Post
    I have been getting hate emails from fundies for a week now. The Mr wrote a column backing Obama for sane sound reasons in the local paper at their invitation. Those hate emails, a couple wishing harm to us and our kids, all say the craziest shit like Hitler Barbie is spouting, like if Obama gets elected he'll put the whites in custody and punish them for the sins of slavery, to Obama being an assassins target with widespread racial violence occurring upon his death with the whites getting killed by the blacks in anger. Another suggests if Obama is elected the financial crisis will worsen and food shortages will occur, leading to, you guessed it, racial violence as blackie beats up whitey for his Wheaties. Another couple said that the Democrats had spent YEARS setting up this economic crisis in order to get back in power, uh yeah. The rest babbled on and on and on about the 'pre born babies' blood crying out for vengence and that anyone that votes for pro choice Obama was accessory to murder in the eyes of God. More complained that Obama was a friend and supporter of 'Sodomites' for not actively resisting homo marriage. Another sent a photograph of Obama holding a book he claimed was a radical terrorist guide which when I looked at the title was actually written by a Newsweek writer about the emerging Asian/India economies.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry that there are such tin foil hatters alive and well out here.

My question to you guys is what do you think these types will do when Obama is elected? Will we see some sort of apocalyptic showdown cult or more occurrences like Oklahoma City or just tin foil hat grumblings? How bad is this all going to get?
    I think there will be a lot of tin foil grumbling. But I do see an attempt being made on Obama's life by some nutjob. And that's why I get nervous when people start making comparisons between Obama and JFK & RFK.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information