Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Sarah Palin fans say John McCain dissed her on Jay Leno, he needs to stop trippin'

Quote Originally Posted by chattykathy View Post
    The politics board on Gossip Rocks is not very warm, that is for darn sure. And anyone who is Republican or right leaning does get labeled, or called names...I can see where she is coming from. She is telling you how her post made her feel attacked, and you responded by attacking her...

Palin may have been a joke, but at least she had some experience. Obama had 3 years, 2 of which he spent campaigning. So far, he seems to be bumbling through it.
    Obama's bumbling through it? Whether you agree with Obama's policy decisions at least he's doing the job he was elected to do. Meanwhile Palin is so busy avoiding her duties as Governor that the same people who elected her are now ready to impeach her. So what was that you were saying about experience again?

Nobody's attacking... we're trying to understand the reasoning behind opposing political views and so far a solid, strong argument hasn't been put forth. It's my opinion that Palin killed the McCain campaign... I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't very politically conscious before he chose her. Up until a few months before the election I was kind of middle-of-the-road even... but when he chose an inexperienced, inept, cutesy broad with:
    1. little to no experience of current foreign and domestic policy
    2. contempt for political dissidents
    3. a propensity to pull the God card over and over again
    4. shameless parading of her special needs kid
    5. an in-your-face cutesy American mom act

... well, I started paying attention. It goes beyond political factionalism. I think if McCain had been elected Palin would have dug the US into a deeper hole. Add to that the fact that McCain and Palin's views were virtually parallel to Bush's. People have asked why, after all these things, people still continually maintain that Palin would have been a better choice than Biden.. or Obama for that matter. No one has come up with an answer other than "You are attacking me" and "Obama is inexperienced".

Palin's job as Mayor of Wasilla consisted of the following:

1. Preside at council meetings. The mayor may take part in the discussion of
    matters before the council, but may not vote, except that the mayor may vote in the
    case of a tie;
    2. Act as ceremonial head of the city;
    3. Sign documents on behalf of the city;
    4. Appoint, suspend or remove city employees and administrative officials,
    except as provided otherwise in AS Title 29 and the Wasilla Municipal Code;
    5. Supervise the enforcement of city law and carry out the directives of the city
    council;
    6. Prepare and submit an annual budget and capital improvement program for
    consideration by the council, and execute the budget and capital program as adopted;
    7. Make monthly financial reports and other reports on city finances and
    operations as required by the council;
    8. Exercise legal custody over all real and personal property of the city;
    9. Perform other duties required by law or by the council; and
    10. Serve as personnel officer, unless the council authorizes the mayor to
    appoint a personnel officer.

With the pending ethics complaints lobbied against Governor Palin I still can't wrap my mind around how someone can call her an efficient, more capable candidate for ANY position in the executive branch, much less the VPOTUS or, heaven forbid, the POTUS. Please... I welcome arguments.. but "You're attacking me" isn't a viable one.

don't take that away from them, they won't have anything!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Offtopic: "Wasilla" even sounds like the name of some backwards ass town taht would be made fun of on South Park.

But back to our regular programming...

Sarah Palin is TOO qualified to be VPOTUS! I mean, she shoots wolves from helicopters and reads "any of them, all of them" media publications/newspapers. Plus never having left the country because she wasn't part of that whole "passport crowd" makes her even more qualified!

And remember when she stated very matter-of-factly in an interview that she wouldn't "label" herself as a "feminist."

GOLDEN, I tell you!

Hooray for women everywhere!

Nancy the Nurse, Joe the Plumber, and Tito the Builder (cause you know they had to try to get the latinos on board). HAHAHA

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by viggofan View Post
    ok here I go again setting myself up but here goes.....

this is a serious question, I am not trying to be funny....

would you really not be friends with someone b/c of who they voted for? ( I am not just talking McCain/Palin. I mean political votes in general)
    Yes - I actually broke up with someone when I found out he was right wing. I just couldn't love someone who had no compassion or feeling for the suffering of this world, and only cared about his damn taxes.

The politics board on Gossip Rocks is not very warm, that is for darn sure. And anyone who is Republican or right leaning does get labeled, or called names...I can see where she is coming from. She is telling you how her post made her feel attacked, and you responded by attacking her...
    Why is it that whenever Dems/liberals/left-wingers/Obama-leaning people attack/critique Obama's faults, they don't complain about their feelings being hurt. Yet critiquing a Republican, particularly Palin, in this instance is off-limits? I totally agree with greysfang, vf pulled the martyr card.

Palin may have been a joke, but at least she had some experience. Obama had 3 years, 2 of which he spent campaigning.
    This isn't even a valid argument. Obama had 7 years of experience at the state level and 2 years at the federal level before he began campaigning for president. Palin had less than two years at the state level when she was named Republican nominee for VP.

Elite Member

Yeah, but she had executive experience (snicker). Which mostly consisted of hiring an administrator to do all the real work while Palin was mayor of Wasilla. Oh, and signing huge contracts for unneeded sports arenas to put the city into massive debt. Oh, and backstabbing a bunch of people while running for governor.

And killing wolves from a helicopter. Don't forget about that.

And letting her husband supervise her phone calls, meetings, and e-mails.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    And letting her husband supervise her phone calls, meetings, and e-mails.
    She couldn't do anything without her MAYON'S authority and consent!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

There's an article on Taahhd, The First Dud, on Esquire.com, but it's so fucking boring and portrays him as such a bland pussy that I'm not going to bother to post it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information