Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin fans say John McCain dissed her on Jay Leno, he needs to stop trippin'

I have to say just one thing. I am told not to take anything personal on this board. I try not to but b/c I did not vote for President Obama and b/c I didn't care for VP Biden. Because I felt at the time of elections I voted for the Republicans b/c mainly I didn't care for the Obama/Biden platform I feel as though I am being labeled a racist, ignorant, anti gay, anti woman voter. Of this I resent. Again I know I shouldn't take it personally but maybe people should also view how it looks on the other side on these posts. There are reasons I see now why other non Obama voters do not come on these threads. I thought I could discuss these topics without getting my words twisted. A person cannont help but take these posts as personal when the non obama supporter is the only one posting on that side. I watched the debates and didn't like Biden but I did like the fact that Palin appeared to be down to earth( I have to say that in truth I didn't see the rallies of that that was my mistake), that she did have governing experience. I realize now that coming on these threads is totally senseless if a person has a different viewpoint. I can see now that when a person says they voted for McCain that it is immediately thought of as being someone who stands for what Palin has represented. I could say a great deal about how I feel about our current president, about my feelings on his policies and those he alines himself with but I am not going to debate this so that I can be called another round of insulting remarks.I am sorry if anyone here has a problem with this post. I won't be posting on these threads any more. I was warned by Dems and Rep alike not to come here as I will get my ass reamed and they were so very right. There is more to a person's vote than one or two stands of a candidate ( and I am not saying those view are not important as they truly are) but to make another poster feel as though they are ignorant pieces of shit is not worthy of my energy. I will either go to the gossip site and or just leave the board once again entirely.
    Last edited by viggofan; April 14th, 2009 at 05:49 PM.
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Quote Originally Posted by viggofan View Post
    I just liked the idea that she seemed to be more in touch with the people.
    I can see now that when a person says they voted for McCain that it is immediately thought of as being someone who stands for what Palin has represented.
    How do you even begin to reconcile these two statements?

That's fine if you want to leave the political threads, but i do have to say I find your martyr-like post extremely off-putting.
    Last edited by greysfang; April 14th, 2009 at 11:01 PM.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I have to say just one thing. I am told not to take anything personal on this board. I try not to but b/c I did not vote for President Obama and b/c I didn't care for VP Biden. Because I felt at the time of elections I voted for the Republicans b/c mainly I didn't care for the Obama/Biden platform I feel as though I am being labeled a racist, ignorant, anti gay, anti woman voter. Of this I resent.
    Nobody called you any of that.

Again I know I shouldn't take it personally but maybe people should also view how it looks on the other side on these posts. There are reasons I see now why other non Obama voters do not come on these threads. I thought I could discuss these topics without getting my words twisted.
    Wait, it's OUR fault you can't explain your positions clearly?

A person cannont help but take these posts as personal when the non obama supporter is the only one posting on that side. I watched the debates and didn't like Biden but I did like the fact that Palin appeared to be down to earth( I have to say that in truth I didn't see the rallies of that that was my mistake), that she did have governing experience. I realize now that coming on these threads is totally senseless if a person has a different viewpoint.
    .. no, it's senseless to have any viewpoint if you're unable to coherently or logically explain why you have it, or are unable to defend your points beyond the first round of questioning.

I can see now that when a person says they voted for McCain that it is immediately thought of as being someone who stands for what Palin has represented.

.. given that your vote would SUPPORT what Palin represented, that's something any voter has to factor into their decision. It's a package deal. You have to weigh whether McCain's positives outweigh his negatives, and that of his running mate. You can't simply pretend that she doesn't exist and that McCain is running in a vacuum. She would factor into his administration to a huge degree! It's up to you to seek out as much information as you can, watch all you can, read all you can to make an informed decision.

I could say a great deal about how I feel about our current president, about my feelings on his policies and those he alines himself with but I am not going to debate this so that I can be called another round of insulting remarks.
    Why not? Whynot debate it? I've posted tons of articles critical of 'Failbama', my name for him, when he fucks up.

I am sorry if anyone here has a problem with this post. I won't be posting on these threads any more. I was warned by Dems and Rep alike not to come here as I will get my ass reamed and they were so very right.
    Nobody who has a cogent, logical argument gets reamed. Nobody. It's people who don't have an argument, or have an illogical one, or simply a badly thought out one that do. For example, you didn't see any of the hideously racist and nutjob rallies but you comment on how down to earth Palin seemed. One would cancel out the other, but it's that lack of information on your part that makes your argument seem ill advised.

There is more to a person's vote than one or two stands of a candidate ( and I am not saying those view are not important as they truly are) but to make another poster feel as though they are ignorant pieces of shit is not worthy of my energy.
    Being ignorant of critical information for your position and then complaining when people point it out is rather silly too.

I will either go to the gossip site and or just leave the board once again entirely.
    Oh someone call the WHAAAAAAAAAAmbulance.

See, this is one example of why conservatives don't seem very well educated on political topics they try to discuss. They either have a very limited grasp of them, just haven't investigated it enough, rely on soundbites and propaganda from questionable sources, or are unable to articulate why they believe in point A, B or C. It's almost like they run on pure emotionalism.. the "i like that guy, i want to have a beer with him" syndrome.

Take this Teabagging thing. IT has no logical purpose. They don't even have arguments as to why they're doing it beyond "I'm mad at SOMETHING and need to vent". It's much the same in actual politics.. conservatives tend to find some lightning rod emotional issue (abortion, gay marriage) which, when looked at logically and in a realistic fashion, would destroy their arguments against them. Thing is, they don't rely on logic or realism.. they pump it up with emotionalism, fake morality, and use incorrect, made up data to support their position and it doesn't matter how many times you blow it apart, they just keep repeating it.

How else would something like www.conservapedia.com exist? They require their own little world, full of facile explanations that make no sense in reality, to operate in.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Why do people like her? WHY!? She has demonstrated her stupidity at every turn, and STILL people think she's fantastic.

She's ignorant, uneducated, and dimwitted. She can't answer SIMPLE QUESTIONS. She knows nothing about policy or issues.

I think her fans are just as stupid as she is, so they identify with the retardation. It's like the-dumped-chicks-like-Aniston syndrome.
    George W. Bush is smarter than she is

Of course, we know what a vice president does. And that's not only to preside over the Senate and will take that position very seriously also. I'm thankful the Constitution would allow a bit more authority given to the vice president if that vice president so chose to exert it in working with the Senate and making sure that we are supportive of the president's policies and making sure too that our president understands what our strengths are.
    --S. Palin, Vice Presidential Debate
    When I heard her say this in the debate, my blood ran absolutely cold. I literally got chills (and nausea). That's when I really began to fear and hate her. So, so dangerous. She desperately wanted to be Cheney, but doesn't have a 1/1000 of his (evil) intelligence.

viggo - I'm sorry you feel you are being persecuted, but if you are not able to separate posters' feelings about Fox news, George Bush, Sarah Palin and the politics they represent and realize that we are talking about them and we are not talking about you, then you're right, this political board is probably not the place for you. I think you're taking leaps that simply are not warranted. Best wishes to you, I truly hope you don't leave the GR board, but we do post in the other threads as well, and tend to be just as opinionated there.

Elite Member

I discerned what Palin was the instant she opened her mouth at the RNC. Her speech was a reflection of who/what she is, a spiteful, jealous, uneducated bitch who puts others down to build herself up. One of the first things out of her whiny mouth on the national stage was a lie - "I said thanks but no thanks to that Bridge to Nowhere". She insulted community and social service workers everywhere by implying their experience was meaningless. From the moment she opened her mouth I despised her. The gleeful look in her eyes while she spoke her spiteful words told me everything I needed to know about the woman.

I hope she is slowly eaten by wolves.

^^^Right on with all that. But she didn't show how chillingly evil and amoral she was until later. Her utter contempt for the intelligence of people was sickening. She actually thought she could lie, then deny it, and people would believe her. She was apparently able to get away with being manipulative her whole career, and thought she could just continue, and everyone would be too dazzled to notice! Sick, sad hag.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    What people???!!!??? Seriously, and I am being very honest here, the people who I saw on television and in the papers supporting her were like rabid psychos chanting KILL HIM and the N word about Obama while she just stood there smiling. I felt miles away from her, as a person, and I couldn't relate in one iota. Also her interviews that she failed were very scary to me. Scary because she so obviously didn't have a clue as to what she was talking about.
    I'm sorry, Viggofan, but I have to agree with cmmdee here... Palin was in touch with the kinds of people I would never in a million years want to be associated with. She pandered to racists--overt and subtle ones alike-- the fundamentalist christian groups, hate mongers, liars... basically people who were afraid of confronting the concept of electing a new kind of president. She used thiny-veiled hateful rhetoric to try and rationalize the McCain/Palin campaign and made it so easy for some of these "people" she identified with to express their true, ugly sentiments towards Obama. She flat out lied or twisted things around most of the time and she used a fake, saccharine, cutesy, "everyday American" flirtatious personality to scrape by. People started calling her out on her shit and these "people".. her fans.. went apeshit and upped the intensity of their anti-Obama shit even more. Do you see how she just fed the cyclical process of hate and fear and stupidity? I just don't understand how someone who identifies with these people--the clusters of racists and xenophobes and fundies-- could actually get herself on a VP ballot and expect to be taken seriously.

*again, not calling you any of these things... but supporting Palin is supporting her views on things.. and she made it pretty clear her views were compatible with those of those people listed above. Please don't turn this into a martyr thread.

I didn't see the rallies just the debates. I was voting for McCain b/c I wasn't happy with Obama or his platform ( 90% of it) ie:the military views and taxes/ share the wealth. and there were no independents running that I liked as well. No I don't agree with her having people at rallies who would make racial slurs any more than I appreciated her minister making anti semetic remarks. I hope I answered the question.
    I'm not attacking you, Viggo, but Palin said a few months before she got picked by McCain, that in Alaska they believed in 'sharing/spreading the wealth.' So, if you didn't like Obama saying it, then you shouldn't agree with Palin saying it, unless you didn't know she said it.

And Palin didn't even know what the VP did, and she was running for the job. That, right there, disqualified her from being qualified to be a heartbeat away from the presidency. Plus, she had no idea what the Bush Doctrine was, which was only one of the biggest recent shifts in U.S. foreign policy in decades.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    George W. Bush is smarter than she is
    And that's a scary thought.

The only good thing I saw coming from Palin was Tina Fay skits.

I agree with all of these posts:

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    Sarah Palin was a huge slap in the face to women, especially intelligent ones.
    That what's I was meaning to say.

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    I discerned what Palin was the instant she opened her mouth at the RNC. Her speech was a reflection of who/what she is, a spiteful, jealous, uneducated bitch who puts others down to build herself up. The gleeful look in her eyes while she spoke her spiteful words told me everything I needed to know about the woman.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    ^^^Right on with all that. But she didn't show how chillingly evil and amoral she was until later.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    She used thiny-veiled hateful rhetoric to try and rationalize the McCain/Palin campaign and made it so easy for some of these "people" she identified with to express their true, ugly sentiments towards Obama. these "people".. her fans.. went apeshit and upped the intensity of their anti-Obama shit even more. Do you see how she just fed the cyclical process of hate and fear and stupidity? I just don't understand how someone who identifies with these people--the clusters of racists and xenophobes and fundies-- could actually get herself on a VP ballot and expect to be taken seriously.
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    And Palin didn't even know what the VP did, and she was running for the job. That, right there, disqualified her from being qualified to be a heartbeat away from the presidency. .
    No kidding. Imagine going to a job interview, let alone for a high position in the WORLD like that and failing the first question: what does this job/position do.

Viggo, I am sorry if you feel you're being attacked but everyone is pretty opionated on their stance, as you are.

I don't think anyone has called you a homophobe/racist/etc like you stated.

The politics board on Gossip Rocks is not very warm, that is for darn sure. And anyone who is Republican or right leaning does get labeled, or called names...I can see where she is coming from. She is telling you how her post made her feel attacked, and you responded by attacking her...

Palin may have been a joke, but at least she had some experience. Obama had 3 years, 2 of which he spent campaigning. So far, he seems to be bumbling through it.
    ""Somebody needs to talk to Alex Castellanos: he may not be doing sex right if he thinks an Obama speech is 'like sex'."~ Rush Limbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by chattykathy View Post
    The politics board on Gossip Rocks is not very warm, that is for darn sure. And anyone who is Republican or right leaning does get labeled, or called names...
    Prove it.

I'm tired of listening to conservatives whine that they're getting called names.

I can see where she is coming from. She is telling you how her post made her feel attacked, and you responded by attacking her...
    No, we attacked HER FUCKING ARGUMENT.

Learn to separate the two.

Stating something, and then having someone point out how the statement is wrong, is not an attack.

God.

Palin may have been a joke, but at least she had some experience. Obama had 3 years, 2 of which he spent campaigning. So far, he seems to be bumbling through it.
    experience doing what? bankrupting her state.

Obama is actually zipping through with flying colors to anybody but the 'teabagger' brigade who don't even know wtf they're protesting.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Are you still trying to claim Palin is experienced? Are you joking? Have you even bothered to look at Palin's record?

Viggo was not telling how the posts made her feel attacked, she was pulling the martyr card, which isn't tolerated much around here.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information