Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin fans say John McCain dissed her on Jay Leno, he needs to stop trippin'

wow, those palintards are demented as the hillary PUMA's.. maybe more so.

it's all Jesus this, Christian that... who cares about her grasp of policy, or world affairs, or economics.. it's all whether someone lurvs Jebus enough
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

Default re

If I see someone with a McCain-Palin sticker on their car and I am feeling charitable, I give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that they were voting for McCain.

Also, there are many, many people who voted for that ticket, I am sure, due to their views on abortion. In the last several years many voters have been one-issue voters, with their views on abortion trumping all else. I think the GOP/religious right has been really effective in bringing that about. It still puzzles me why someone would vote for a crappy candidate in an attempt to keep somebody else from getting an abortion (or somebody else from getting married, for that matter).

I am more amazed by people who still sport their Bush-Cheney stickers. It is all I can do not to approach them and say WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    I met a neighbor of my MIL's this weekend who I thought was a lovely intelligent woman. She and her husband are both doctors. I spoke to her at length and we had a lot in common. As I was leaving her house I spotted a McCain/Palin bumper sticker on their car. So now I feel like we can't be friends. I don't understand how in the world two such intelligent people can be supportive of that ticket. I get McCain, maybe...if you overlook a few things, but his picking Palin showed his true colors, IMO. I guess a lot of people just have their heads in the sand. But doesn't the stock market tanking at least make a lot of people start paying attention?
    ok here I go again setting myself up but here goes.....

this is a serious question, I am not trying to be funny....

would you really not be friends with someone b/c of who they voted for? ( I am not just talking McCain/Palin. I mean political votes in general)
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Because chances are the person holds views you find personally abhorrent.. like thinking Sarah Palin should be in government despite her vast stupidity, ignorance and hillbilly ways.

I mean that alone should warrant a bullet to the head.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^ well grimm no one can accuse you of being too warm and fuzzy that compassion just bubbles right over

but I appreciate the feedback.
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by viggofan View Post
    ok here I go again setting myself up but here goes.....

this is a serious question, I am not trying to be funny....

would you really not be friends with someone b/c of who they voted for? ( I am not just talking McCain/Palin. I mean political votes in general)
    Hmmm...well, if we're already friends I'm not going to dump them or anything. I'll just make sure that our conversation stays far, far away from politics. But for a new friend, honestly, it does give me pause. I would need to investigate further. I get that a lot of people were not so much voting FOR McCain, but AGAINST Obama. I can understand the viewpoint that McCain had more experience than Obama. But anything else, especially someone who thought Palin was qualified, would definitely make me consider giving that person a pass.

^^ well grimm no one can accuse you of being too warm and fuzzy that compassion just bubbles right over
    Sorry, the idea of some christofascist nutjob who has african witch doctors exorcise her demons, and who doesn't know a thing about how government works or world affairs AS THE LEADER OF THE US just scares me. It should scare everybody. The fact that it doesn't even even more scary.

I find her scarier than Bush.

thank you for your answer I appreciate it hotncmom. Where I work I am one of the few who voted Rep. this time around ( as I have said I have voted for all parties in the past and will again in the future I am sure). So you can imagine how much I kept away from talking politics with many of my co-workers/friends. It was just too touchy of a subject to get into.
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Sorry, the idea of some christofascist nutjob who has african witch doctors exorcise her demons, and who doesn't know a thing about how government works or world affairs AS THE LEADER OF THE US just scares me. It should scare everybody. The fact that it doesn't even even more scary.

I find her scarier than Bush.
    oh come on don't hold back your feelings. just let them out. a person could get an ulcer if they don't express themselves.

I found some good points in all the candidates and some not so great points. Like I said before I only wish there had been some strong independents that stayed in the race b/c that is surely how I would have voted. The people running at the end were no great shakes imo.
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

but Palin was a black hole of bad points. i can't think of one redeeming quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    but Palin was a black hole of bad points. i can't think of one redeeming quality.
    I just liked the idea that she seemed to be more in touch with the people. I wasn't happy with any of them. I just found that I really didn't care for Obama/Biden party (please don't make me go into that again . This is most definately not the board to be saying why a person does not vote Democratic and also I 've been good ). It is really a moot point at this stage b/c they obviously didn't win and so onto the next election.
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

I deserve an extra dessert today, I made it through the first 3 posts of the first link before getting nauseaous and a blinding light started pounding in my head....YEA ME!!!!!

I just liked the idea that she seemed to be more in touch with the people.
    Yeah, the closet racists that she made feel comfortable enough to come out to rallies and chant violent racist slurs about Obama.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I just liked the idea that she seemed to be more in touch with the people.
    With that "you betcha" and "real america" stuff? That didn't induce eye rolls?

People actually bought that act?

sigh.... I am so stupid for setting myself up. I guess I will never learn. I was going by the debates. I felt she was in touch with the people moreso than biden is all I am trying to say.

I will be happy to post with you all on the gossip site.

You all have a great day.
    Last edited by viggofan; April 14th, 2009 at 03:42 PM.
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information