Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sarah Palin defends terrorist comment against Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    This is going to get ugly...There is so much that is going to be exposed...Hannity is rocking it tonight... Its time for America to wake up to this joke.
    The fact that you rely on Fox News for your view of the world is the real joke.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    She's already ugly. Right to the bone.

I'm wondering which one of the two you're talking about
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    The fact that you rely on Fox News for your view of the world is the real joke.
    I watch many news channels, many here rely on MSNBC
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

many here rely on MSNBC
    I doubt that strongly.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Well, every other major news channel is contradicting what Fox News is saying, but you're declaring that Hannity is blowing this thing wide open.

And speaking for myself, I watch MSNBC, CNN, ABC, NBC, & CBS news.

i tend not to rely on american news channels, they're too biased, filtered, and rarely tell the truth ever.

Seriously. Your news is scary.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Please pardon the repost:

A man who Obama had a tenuous connection with was involved in radical activity decades ago. During this time:

1969 - Barack Obama receives a Huffy bike on his 8th birthday

1970 - Barack Obama gets a check-plus for penmanship on his 3rd grade report card

1971 - Barack Obama claims "girls are icky" to his Mom

1972 - Barack Obama scores 4 baskets in YMCA basketball league game

1973 - Barack Obama claims 6 million dollar man is his favorite TV show

1974 - Barack Obama attempt an Evil Knievel type bike jump on a makeshift wooden ramp in his front yard

1975 - Barack Obama sneaks into the movie theater to watch Jaws. Vows never to go into the ocean again.

1981 - Barack Obama weeps like a baby watching the Prince Charles and Princess Diana wedding on TV.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

October 5, 2008
    Fact Check: Is Obama 'palling around with terrorists'?
    Posted: 09:00 AM ET
    Gov. Palin commented about Sen. Obama and William Ayers at a rally in Carson, California Saturday.

The Statement: Republican vice presidential candidate Gov. Sarah Palin said Saturday, October 4, that Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama is "someone who sees America, it seems, as being so imperfect that he's palling around with terrorists who would target their own country."
    Watch: Is Obama a terrorist's pal?
    Get the facts!

The Facts: In making the charge at a fund-raising event in Englewood, Colorado, and a rally in Carson, California, Palin was referring at least in part to William Ayers, a 1960s radical. In both appearances, Palin cited a front-page article in Saturday's New York Times detailing the working relationship between Obama and Ayers.
    In the 1960s, Ayers was a founding member of the radical Weather Underground group that carried out a string of bombings of federal buildings, including the Pentagon and the U.S. Capitol, in protest against the Vietnam War. The now-defunct group was labeled a "domestic terrorist group" by the FBI, and Ayers and his wife, Bernadine Dohrn also a Weather Underground member spent 10 years as fugitives in the 1970s. Federal charges against them were dropped due to FBI misconduct in gathering evidence against them, and they resurfaced in 1980. Both Ayers and Dohrn ultimately became university professors in Chicago, with Ayers, 63, now an education professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
    Obama's Chicago home is in the same neighborhood where Ayers and Dohrn live. Beginning in 1995, Ayers and Obama worked with the non-profit Chicago Annenberg Challenge on a huge school improvement project. The Annenberg Challenge was for cities to compete for $50 million grants to improve public education. Ayers fought to bring the grant to Chicago, and Obama was recruited onto the board. Also from 1999 through 2001 both were board members on the Woods Fund, a charitable foundation that gave money to various causes, including the Trinity United Church that Obama attended and Northwestern University Law Schools' Children and Family Justice Center, where Dohrn worked.
    CNN's review of project records found nothing to suggest anything inappropriate in the volunteer projects in which the two men were involved.
    Obama campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt told CNN that after meeting Obama through the Annenberg project, Ayers hosted a campaign event for him that same year when then-Illinois state Sen. Alice Palmer, who planned to run for Congress, introduced the young community organizer as her chosen successor. LaBolt also said the two have not spoken by phone or exchanged e-mail messages since Obama came to the U.S. Senate in 2005 and last met more than a year ago when they encountered each other on the street in their Hyde Park neighborhood.
    The extent of Obama's relationship with Ayers came up during the Democratic presidential primaries earlier this year, and Obama explained it by saying, "This is a guy who lives in my neighborhood the notion that somehow as a consequence of me knowing somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago when I was 8 years old somehow reflects on me and my values doesn't make much sense."
    The McCain campaign did not respond Saturday to a request for elaboration on Palin's use of the plural "terrorists."

Verdict: False. There is no indication that Ayers and Obama are now "palling around," or that they have had an ongoing relationship in the past three years. Also, there is nothing to suggest that Ayers is now involved in terrorist activity or that other Obama associates are.

Source
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

what? not facts! we hate facts here! it's better to listen to stupid shit and swallow it.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

My fucking ass, I do. I probably have NEVER sat down and watched MSNBC in my entire lifetime.... 19 years.... I usually watch CNN, local, or get my stories from here.

And I bet you do watch many channels, even though Fox is the only one you ever talk about.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

They're banking on people falling for her 'golly gee, shucks' act and I'm afraid there are probably a fair amount of people who will fall for it. Her whole 'I don't have a thesaurus and don't have time for that stuff' is another attempt to kill two birds with one stone: 1) she is trying to come across as an anti-intellectual, which the repugs have somehow made attractive to and in people. 2) she's trying to say she's just oh-so-busy trying to make things right for joe six pack and she's on your side!

It's all such bullshit and just shows that this ticket cannot and does not want to talk about the actual issues the candidates will be facing when one of them wins the election. If America falls for this bullshit I will lose my mind.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

MSNBC is not just Olberman & Maddow & Matthews. Both sides are always represented on Morning Joe. People rarely scream at their guests and occassionally let them speak their mind. They retain their sense of humor and admit when their party are morons. Why all the MSNBC hate?

I'm guessing that somebody at Fox said something bad about MSNBC and their word must not be questioned?

^^Yeah. Probably Bill(falafel)O'Reilly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information