Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sarah Palin complains about Barack Obama's camp lies about her

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    Really. I havent' seen the McCain/Palin camp go after Obama's girls or family. Have you? Then again, that's the Obamacrazies on blogs (and some here) that are doing that shit. But, you know Obama knows what's being said. And instead of saying anyone in his campaign would be fired, he should have said, 'any of my supporters who are spreading these rumors about Sarah Palin's family, stop it, or I don't want your vote. You do not reflect me nor the spirit in which this campaign should proceed.' How powerful of a message would that have been?

One can dream, though...
    This wouldn't sound so hypocrtical if it wasn't for the fact that when Obama's wife was being ripped by the Republicans and Fox News, McCain NEVER came out and said families were off limits and never told his supporters he didn't want their votes if they were attacking Michelle. And Obama has said that families should be off limits, and neither he, or his campaign, have gone after Palin's family or exploited her knocked up daughter.

This is pretty hilarious!

Palin Claims "Obama-Biden Democrats" Are Regularly Attacking Her Family, But...
    By Greg Sargent - September 22, 2008, 3:25PM

The McCain camp has just blasted out to its list a fundraising email by Sarah Palin claiming that Obama-Biden Democrats are waging frequent attacks on her family. From the email:

Friends, in the course of a few weeks, the Obama-Biden Democrats have launched attack after attack on me, my family and John McCain. They're desperate to win and they'll no doubt launch these attacks against other reformers on our ticket.

I didn't remember any attacks on Palin's family from Obama, Biden, or their top supporters. So I asked the McCain campaign what this was a reference to.

Here, according to a McCain campaign aide, are the attacks on Palin's family from "Obama-Biden Democrats" that the email refers to:

1) Obama finance committee member Howard Gutman questioning Palin's parenting and her willingness to take on the Veep candidate role when her family is so consuming -- a comment he subsequently apologized for.

2) Andrew Sullivan's demand that the McCain campaign release medical records putting to rest rumors about the birth of Trig Palin.

3) A user diary on DailyKos, which is of course the site of leading Obama supporter Markos Moulitsas, raising questions about that pregnancy.

And that's it.

Meanwhile, just today, on a McCain campaign conference call, McCain senior adviser Steve Schmidt laid into the alleged ties between Joe Biden's son and the credit card industry.

Late Update: Markos instant-messages me the following response:

"You could use a Daily Kos diary to justify just about any charge ever made. Same with the Free Republic message boards, etc. But that's patently absurd, and just more of her `rile the base' bullshit. If something stupid can be said, you can believe someone on Daily Kos has said it."

TMP Election Central

I didn't know Andrew Sullivan demanded those medical records. But isn't he a conservative anyway?

When has Obama personally attacked Palin's daughters/family? Please enlighten me because I certainly missed that one?

In point of fact, he said her family was off limits.

Palin has nothing else to talk about since she thinks Russia is close to her back porch so this is the kind of stuff that she spews.
    Lies upon lies.

And also, the public is not the same as pres. candidates and cay say or blog whatever they want.

And I find it hilarious that she can talk a lot of shit about people but can't take the heat when it's on her. Get out, if you can't take it, dear. This isn't ping pong.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    When has Obama personally attacked Palin's daughters/family? Please enlighten me because I certainly missed that one?

In point of fact, he said her family was off limits.
    He hasn't. Read the article I posted above. A reporter asked the McCain camp for more specifics and they gave them the three instances listed above. None of which came from Obama and two which came from random people. They might have well as listed me as one of those people complaining about Sarah's trashy family.

Republicans just love to throw crap out there that isn't true because their "followers" just eat it up without investigating on their own. Sheep.

Crap - I better stop badmouthing Palin and her parenting skills or Obama will be blamed for what I say too!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information