Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rush Limbaugh thinks hungry children should dumpster dive. yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Sounds like my granny, before the days of birth control. She had 14 kids. The first two died of malnutrition during the Depression. That was shortly before FDR (known as the greatest president ever) installed the New Deal and all that went along with it. Fuckheads like LImpdick would have us go back to the Dickens years, where poor people would go to workhouses, never to emerge again. Guess what, being poor isn't a crime or any reflection on your character. Shit happens and sometimes you end up in a terrible situation. Most people don't choose to be in that situation. They want to get out but circumstances stand in the way. Big shock, eh?
    I am sure workhouses and all that shit would be just fine by Blimp. Hub didn't starve because of free school lunches, if it had been up to RL and his ilk, he and his siblings would have suffered the same fate as your granny's kids.
    As for MIL, she was a religious "the-lord-will-provide" nut, plain and simple. She did finally wise up and availed herself of welfare and government cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    My husband went hungry lots and lots of times when he was a child, because his idiot christian mother didn't believe in birth control and kept popping out more and more kids when she couldn't even support one. Rush Blimpbough is a piece of shit and a waste of oxygen, and so is anyone who agrees with him.

My husband came to America at 7 on his dad's grad school scholarship. His mom had actually been a professor in their country, but her English was too bad to get her a proper job (her English is still bad, but I assume it's better than it was then). They had to support a 3 person family on a very low grad student salary. His mom had to take low level jobs (she wasn't registered to work in the US or something like that. She had to do laundry, housework, etc. when she was used to teaching business grad students.) His mom and dad would cut down on meals so that he could eat (he was a 'growing boy'.) When they were at their poorest, his dad would just eat rice with hot sauce on top for dinner. I read my husband the article, and he found it depressing. He said he had never experienced hunger such as that, because his parents always made sure he had enough to eat, even at the expense of their own health.

I never grew up with such situations. My mom was 42 when she had me, and already established financially. I never want my kids to have to deal with that kind of situation, and it makes me work harder toward my job, so that I may support my family and future children. I hope that doesn't sound condescending, and if it does, I apologize in advance.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I hate Dumb Limpdick so much. He's indicative to what is wrong with America. No empathy, no soul, no willingness to think beyond himself and his own interests. Fuck him and everyone who follows him.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Ah yes, let's make a political point that the bain (bane?) of Fuckballs' world is hungry children. Yup, that's the problem. I cannot even fathom a soul so evil that you would rail against hungry children, what a purely worthless human being.

Yes there are children who have no access to good and healthy food in the summer. It's heartbreaking and these are children whose only safe place in the world is school.

Die Limbaugh, die a painful, public death.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Well, we could always go back to the 1800's and put 'em all in workhouses.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Ah yes, let's make a political point that the bain (bane?) of Fuckballs' world is hungry children. Yup, that's the problem. I cannot even fathom a soul so evil that you would rail against hungry children, what a purely worthless human being.

Yes there are children who have no access to good and healthy food in the summer. It's heartbreaking and these are children whose only safe place in the world is school.

Die Limbaugh, die a painful, public death.
    Yes, bane:
    Bane is a Modern English word meaning "that which causes ruin or woe", from the Old English bana ("slayer", "murderer"), from the Proto-Germanic *banon, cognate with *banja ("wound").
    (wiki)

It horrifies me how people like Limbaugh, Palin, and Beck have become the public faces of America to the world. We deserve better than that. Shame on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctora Pepper View Post
    It horrifies me how people like Limbaugh, Palin, and Beck have become the public faces of America to the world. We deserve better than that. Shame on them.
    Those three are only the tip of the iceberg. This country is seriously f*cked up.

Those three are only the tip of the iceberg. This country is seriously f*cked up.
    I want to believe that these people are only stars because they are exceptions. The media loves to feed on the outsiders (the Daily Mail, for example, but that's British). I've lived in pretty liberal areas for the past few years, where they don't get attention except on Colbert, but I know these people have a huge influence elsewhere - and that scares me. It scares me that so many people in America are willing to follow this blindly. Where I live, people see these views as extremist, but I know this isn't the case everywhere.

Yes, bane:
    Bane is a Modern English word meaning "that which causes ruin or woe", from the Old English bana ("slayer", "murderer"), from the Proto-Germanic *banon, cognate with *banja ("wound").
    (wiki)
    Ah, thank you. I hate when I know I'm misusing a word. But I drink (a lot, particularly tonight) so I try to give myself a break, and I'm generally far too lazy to look up the correct spelling/usage of a word...
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Ah, thank you. I hate when I know I'm misusing a word. But I drink (a lot, particularly tonight) so I try to give myself a break, and I'm generally far too lazy to look up the correct spelling/usage of a word...
    Hey, no worries, a lot of us drink when posting on GR. Not me. (Hides huge bottle of vodka. )
    Last edited by Doctora Pepper; June 19th, 2010 at 08:43 PM.

Elite Member

I propose that GR puts funds into an account to buy a beatdown bus that travels the country to put Louisville Sluggers to those in need of a good whipping. LimF*** is on the top of the list. He's just so awful.

Can we take care of him and Palin at the same time? That could be festive.

Yes, bane:
    (wiki)

Anyone else remember he Clinton years? Or immediately after 9/11? The world was believing in America during the Clinton years and after 9/11 they set their doubts aside and were behind the States nearly 100%. Then Bush pissed all the goodwill away, along with the budget surplus he inherited. And he did it in rapid time and never stopped. Christ, all it's about now is cleaning up the fucking mess.

--Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Valley Doll View Post
    I propose that GR puts funds into an account to buy a beatdown bus that travels the country to put Louisville Sluggers to those in need of a good whipping. LimF*** is on the top of the list. He's just so awful.
    I've already got my Louisville Slugger ready.

Elite Member

If any of you are public school teachers, you know for a fact about 15% of your students do go hungry during the summer.

My mom was a teacher, I can remember her and the other teachers making a list of names of children who would go hungry over the summer. Each teacher would provide food to those family via their veggie gardens (back then veggie gardens were very popular where I was raised). One parent expressed embarassment about the donations. So, the following year the teaches asked those families if they provided the plants and seeds would they grow a garden. All said yes. Why is this so alarming, they were so poor they couldn't even buy the starter plants or the seeds to plant. Now that is poor and hungry. Eventually this turned into a cooperative in that area where businesses got involved as well.

Rush Limpdick, DIAF. Couldn't resist, seems fitting.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information