Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Run down of John McCain's snoozefest of a speech

Did anyone notice how McCain said he didn't truly love his country until he was a POW and finally understood what it was like to be an American? Michelle Obama says something like that and is chewed alive...

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Did anyone notice how McCain said he didn't truly love his country until he was a POW and finally understood what it was like to be an American? Michelle Obama says something like that and is chewed alive...
    I noticed that too, and thought the same thing. How is it that Michelle says she's proud of her country for the first time in her adult life, and she gets torn apart, but McCain says he didn't truly love his country, and he was in the military at the time, until he was a POW and he gets applauded?

because all the Rethugs heard was "LOVE 'MMURICA!"
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    ^^I loved how CNN would pan out for a wide-shot and you'd see rows of empty seats. Most of the delegates looked bored being there, except for when Palin's name was mentioned.
    That was the most bored group of delegates I've seen at any political convention. Honestly, I thought I saw a few people yawning and taking naps. McCain is the human NyQuil.

Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111
    It's amazing how wishy-washy some of these folks are. Michelle Obama gets shredded for saying that she's really proud of her country for the first time, but McCain gets a pass for not loving the same country until he's imprisoned in Vietnam? Guess he gets a pass because of the POW thing.

Someone should start a Church of POW
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by WesCAdle View Post
    With all due respect for the suffering and anguish he endured, it still scares the shit out of me that he was a POW for so long. I knew many guys who came back from serving in Vietnam extremely disturbed and still after 40 years are not completely right. And that was from combat experience not captivity. I cannot believe that this horrific experience did not damage him psychologically and even with years of therapy, how would he react to something that sets him off. He already baited Putin in his acceptance speech and it's apparent he doesn't believe in diplomacy even though he claims to dislike war. He is a complete conflict between his words and actions. The speech was dull and again said nothing about what he WILL do if elected but what others won't do if they are. Perhaps he should just keep his money, many houses, and Bulimic Barbie wife (sorry but she AIN'T Jackie O - no matter what she thinks) and go live the rest of his days in peace and quiet. He's done enough to and for this country already. At this point, I find it hard to believe that many Republican party members are truly excited about this election anymore at all and have already begun plans for 2012. I guess the strain of the next 60 some days will tell if he can handle pressure - so far he is not holding up very well no matter how "hawt" they believe his running mate is.
    You're reading my mind.

Default Journalists: No home run for McCain

Friday, Sept. 5, 2008 00:30 EDT
    No home run for McCain

ST. PAUL, Minn. -- John McCain started off slow. And for a moment, when antiwar protesters broke in and heckled him, distracting his crowd's attention, it seemed that all might be lost and that he might fall completely flat on a night in which he needed to shine.
    But the Republican nominee and his speechwriter had saved the best -- in this case, the story of McCain's time as a prisoner of war -- for last. It was a moving section, one that seemed to make the entire Xcel Center go silent. And it made for a good transition into his closing argument, a call for Americans to join with him to fight for their country. Now the McCain campaign just has to hope that voters at home kept watching long enough to see the big finish.
    So far, the reviews aren't good. CNN's Jeffrey Toobin calling this " the worst speech by a nominee that I’ve heard since Jimmy Carter in 1980" is one thing. But the harsh critique that former Bush speechwriter Michael Gerson delivered on MSNBC (which Barack Obama's campaign was quick to blast out to reporters) was something else entirely.
    "Pretty disappointing," Gerson said. "I think that was a missed opportunity. Many Americans needed to hear from this speech something they have never heard from Republicans before. And in reality, a lot of the policy they’ve heard from Republicans before."
    ― Alex Koppelman
    No home run for McCain - War Room - Salon.com

He just said “electric auto-mobiles”. (They call them ‘cars’ now)
    That made me chuckle; it sound like something Mr. Burns from the Simpsons would say...

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    That made me chuckle; it sound like something Mr. Burns from the Simpsons would say...
    Nonsense! You have the brainpan of a stagecoach tilter!

Seriously though, is it just me, or is John McCain looking more and more like Dr. Evil?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy McWoof View Post
    Nonsense! You have the brainpan of a stagecoach tilter!

Seriously though, is it just me, or is John McCain looking more and more like Dr. Evil?
    So, I guess that makes Palin the new Frau Farbissina. 'Send in the Fembots!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    You there, fill it up with petroleum distillate, and re-vulcanize my tires, post-haste!

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Everything about his speech seemed so forced. They said he's been practicing it for 8 weeks!! WTF When he would smile it was fake, forced and freaky.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information