Page 69 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1114
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: *Rumors and Speculation* Did Sarah Palin fake her last pregnancy?

Regardless of "which baby," the thought of Palin even passing Tripp off as her own is pretty damn ludicrous given her "wild ride" in "giving birth" to Trig last April.

This is what Alaskan blogger Gryphen has to say about this little snippet:
    This is the smoking gun.

I have known about this for over a month now and had to sit on it until this Vanity air article came out.

Just ask yourself this question, "When would Sarah Palin be most likely to fake a pregnancy and then adopt her daughter's baby? When she was mostly out of the public eye as the Governor of an "off the radar" state like Alaska? Or while standing on a stage in front of millions of possible voters and camera crews?"

Do you really think that she would have been willing to fake her pregnancy while being interviewed by Katie Couric and Matt Lauer?

Once again Levi is giving you a hint of what he is going to say in his book without letting the cat all the way out of the bag. But I can tell you for an absolute certainty that when Sarah sees this it is going to set her drug rehab/post surgery recovery/talk show classes/or whatever, back to square one.

I know this is making your head hurt, believe me it has caused me numerous sleepless nights. But if you think this is confusing just wait until you hear the rest of the story.

I will be gone to a class for much of the day, but when I get back I will try to update this a little and hopefully clarify a few things. I still cannot give out too much, but I might be able to at least steer you in the right direction.
    The Immoral Minority: Levi Johnston's Vanity fair article.

I haven't heard of a book announcement regarding Levi; although, there was/is much speculation that he's getting one. Perhaps the publisher arranged this VF piece as promotion for when this book does come out. It would be a smart media strategy...

Andrew Sullivan on Levi's snippet:
    So, according to Levi, Governor Palin was very, very interested in avoiding embarrassment for her daughter - and a political problem - by passing off someone else's child as her own and adopting him. This kid's name was Tripp. But this exercise is called "proof of principle." If anyone believed that Palin wasn't nutty enough to try to pass off her own daughter's baby as her own, they need to reassess.
    The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan

I don't think her fantards are going to believe Levi. However, he will continue to entertain the rest of us.

I hope Palin goes after Levis like a frothing maniac. If she doesn't, she's finally getting some decent handling from some good advisers. Hope not!

I just saw some snippets of the Levi interview in the Mudflats comments. Entertaining stuff--she sat around the house after work watching house and wedding shows, had no idea how to hunt or fish, and Todd has a terrible temper and threatens her with divorce all the time. Can't wait to read the article!
    Last edited by WhoAmI; September 2nd, 2009 at 08:52 PM.

A*O

But..... but......... but if SP wanted to adopt Bristol's second baby TriPP and pass him off as her own then how would she explain the alleged arrival date of "her" son TriG? Doesn't Camp Palin say that TriG must be SPs because birth dates are too close?
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I think Levi is trying to tell us something is fishy there without coming out and saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    I hope Palin goes after Levis like a frothing maniac. If she doesn't, she's finally getting some decent handling from some good advisers. Hope not!
    Anchorage Daily News:
    UPDATE II: This afternoon, The Associated Press reported Palin spokeswoman Meghan Stapleton saying Palin wouldn't respond to Johnston's article.
    Darn it!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    I think Levi is trying to tell us something is fishy there without coming out and saying it.
    I concur. There must be a book deal. He's clearly holding back. I'm sure there's a LOT more he could say.

This is The Atlantic's take on the entire article. (Guess they were able to read it all in print.)
    Sep 2 2009, 10:29 am by Chris Good
    The Levi Johnston Story, Unabridged Edition

In the October issue of Vanity Fair, Levi Johnston tells his story--not of his relationship with Bristol, or her campaign for abstinence, or of life, in general, as a traveling spectator of the McCain/Palin campaign--but of Sarah Palin herself, what she's like at home, what she does, says, and how she treats people. And it is not pretty. Not by a long shot.

It's a five-page first-person account, told by Johnston, of the way Palin is. Johnston certainly has an axe to grind: since the end of the campaign, it's become clear that Johnston does not like Sarah Palin very much. He has complained about not being able to see his baby, and he's alleged that Palin knew he and Bristol were having sex before Bristol got pregnant.

In short, he feels burned by Sarah Palin and the media circus he walked into, by virtue of being her then-future-son-in-law when she was named as John McCain's vice presidential candidate.

Johnston also has aspirations of a modeling career, and the Vanity Fair spread will include a couple model-esque shots of him to accompany the piece. So he gets that out of it, too.

With that caveat of motive and reliability done out of the way...Vanity Fair forwarded some highlights and excerpts this morning, and here are highlights of those highlights:

According to Johnston, Palin often complained of her job as governor, saying it was "too hard." Johnston portrays Palin as a bossy layabout who would sometimes come home from work at noon, take an hour-long bath, and lay about the house making Levi, Bristol, and whoever else get things for her.
    The Palins didn¹t have dinner together and they didn't talk much as a family. Throughout the years I spent with them, when Sarah got home from her office--almost never later than five and sometimes as early as noon--she usually walked in the door, said hello, and then disappeared into her bedroom, where she would hang out. Sometimes she'd take an hour-long bath. Other times she sat on the living-room couch...watching house shows and wedding shows on TV. She always wanted things and she wanted other people to get them for her. If she wanted a movie, Bristol and I would go to the video store; if she wanted food, we¹d get her something to eat, like a Crunchwrap Supreme from Taco Bell. She'd try to bribe everyone to clean the house, or give us guilt trips. She used to make Bristol feel bad by telling her that she did everything for her. This was unfair because, even before the campaign, Bristol was already the mom in the house, and she got tired of having to take care of her siblings.
    He also writes:
    Sarah doesn't cook, Todd doesn't cook--the kids would do it all themselves: cook, clean, do the laundry, and get ready for school. Most of the time Bristol would help her youngest sister with her homework, and I'd barbecue chicken or steak on the grill.
    If you think the Crunchwrap Supreme is indeed the supreme insult of Johnston's story, you may be right...but he also says Sarah is not much of a reader: he "actually never say Sarah reading much at all...once in a blue moon, I'd see her reading a book, and I've never even seen her read a newspaper in her life." Johnston says he only saw Palin read a book to her eight-year-old daughter once.

And Palin quit her governorship for the money and because she was stressed, Johnston writes--a book or a TV show would be easier more profitable. After the 2008 election ended...
    Sarah was sad for a while. She walked around the house pouting. I had assumed she was going to go back to her job as governor, but a week or two after she got back she started talking about how nice it would be to quit and write a book or do a show and make "triple the money." It was, to her, "not as hard." She would blatantly say, "I want to just take this money and quit being governor." She started to say it frequently, but she didn't know how to do it. When she came home from work, it seemed like she was more and more stressed out. It seemed like she couldn't handle the job anymore. I think that she was just through with it all or that she'd become used to getting everything she wanted handed to her. She'd rather take the money and keep that kind of lifestyle. When a magazine offered six figures to be at the hospital when Bristol gave birth, she said yes at first but then told us not to do it.
    But that's still not the coup de grace. According to Johnston, Palin initially accepted a magazine's six-figure offer to be present at the hospital when Bristol gave birth, but then told Levi and Bristol not to do it.

More controversy over the baby: Sarah Palin, Johnston says, pressed Bristol and him at first to let her adopt their son once Bristol gave birth to him, in the hopes of hiding the pregnancy:
    She would say, "So, are you gonna let me adopt him?" We both kept telling her we were definitely not going to let her adopt the baby. I think Sarah wanted to make Bristol look good, and she didn't want people to know that her 17-year-old daughter was going to have a kid.
    Also, she didn't attend her son's hockey games very often. And she and Todd constantly fought, didn't communicate well, and sometimes talked of divorce. They slept in separate rooms, even at the Republican National Convention, Levi claims.

Aside from its unverifiable qualities, Johnston's story is juicy, to say the least.
    The Levi Johnston Story, Unabridged Edition - The Atlantic Politics Channel

Hope you're sitting when you read this little nugget...

Says Johnston: "I couldn't believe it when she would come over to us and sometimes say, playing around, 'No, I don't want the retarded baby -- I want the other one' and pick up Tripp. That was just her, even her kids were used to it."

Ok, I've read most of the comments out and about and I think it boils down to this. Plain announced her "pregnancy" one day after McCain secured the nomination and at that time she knew she was on the short list for veep. She had aspirations of high flying in the Repub party. By this time, Trig had been born and she was pressuring Bristol/Levi into turning him over to SP and Todd (can't have an unwed daughter with a down's baby and court the minivan maj)...she forced their hand by announcing her pregnancy. Hormonal Bristol was supremely pissed and immediately got pregnant again (about the time SP announced). Levi may or may not be the father of Trig, but has taken that role because he is the father of Trip. He played the game to continue to have access to the boys, but SP flipped the script and has been shutting him out. The Vanity Fair article is pushing Sarah's buttons and with a little misdirection (saying he was there when Trig was born at 6 a.m., when "Sarah had Trig"...what teenager would know the exact time that his gf's mother had a baby???). He is setting her up for his book and will reveal all unless the Palins play ball with him. It's no accident that he routinely has his lawyer sitting next to him letting him know what he can or cannot say (plus I read he has a fulltime bodyguard). Of course, the most telling is that Sarah's mouthpiece says she won't have a comment on the article...I think that's the elusive pudding we've been searching for the last year or so.

So that's the convoluted reader's digest version of the info out there now. I think there's more to come.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Says Johnston: "I couldn't believe it when she would come over to us and sometimes say, playing around, 'No, I don't want the retarded baby -- I want the other one' and pick up Tripp. That was just her, even her kids were used to it."
    What a cunt! Of course, she'll still use him for photo ops.

We should be able to find the whole article somewhere today, since it's in print in NY and California. Someone will scan/transcribe, I hope. It should come out on VF's website when,
    next week?

The fact that she's not talking about it shows that she now has very competent and controlling handlers.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Just posted something about this seperately. Very interesting indeed. I think he's holding back as well. Sounds like the crazy is going to go to new heights.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

If she doesn't respond, it'll sink in a couple of days. Bummer! I wanted to see her crazy, ranting face on the TeeVee.

The other running theory is that Bristol never had a second baby, that the pregnancy was faked to take the heat off questions about Trig's birth, but I don't think I'm buying that one. It would require WAY too much forethought for Palin the peabrain.

ETA: Oh and there's quite a bit of talk about the church fires in Wasilla - which seem to have destroyed birth/adoption records of the church.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

I'm pretty sure that birth records are the responsibility of the state in Alaska.

I'm late to the party so forgive me but who gave birth to Trig then? He was around before Tripp and I just have my doubts Bristol hit it so soon after Trig, if she is his mother. Because that would be a gaping maw for quite a while.
    Enjoy the liquor and delicatessen.

A*O

The assertion is that Bristol Palin gave birth to Trig and Sarah passed him off as her own. She wouldn't be the first grandma to do so. His birth date has never been confirmed as his birth records/certificate remain Top Secret and we only have Palin's word on it. Read through the thread for the gory details!
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Thread Information