Page 56 of 75 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: *Rumors and Speculation* Did Sarah Palin fake her last pregnancy?

Um, Audrey's husband is a doctor, so she is familiar with what is kosher--at least in her state--regarding medical and legal practices.

However, Sarah Palin did say that she contacted her doctor when she started "leaking fluid" and having "light contractions," also known as labor, in the middle of the night prior to giving a speech at the convention and then boarding a plane. If the doctor she spoke with on the phone didn't tell her to go to the hospital, then that would be grounds for medical malpractice.

Of course, SP wasn't really pregnant, so no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Um, Audrey's husband is a doctor, so she is familiar with what is kosher--at least in her state--regarding medical and legal practices.

However, Sarah Palin did say that she contacted her doctor when she started "leaking fluid" and having "light contractions," also known as labor, in the middle of the night prior to giving a speech at the convention and then boarding a plane. If the doctor she spoke with on the phone didn't tell her to go to the hospital, then that would be grounds for medical malpractice.

Of course, SP wasn't really pregnant, so no worries.
    And if the doctor DID tell her to go to the hospital, that means Sarah is guilty of endangering the life of a baybee.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Well evidently not because that letter is 100% standard for this sort of request. Is her husband actually an MD, and not a PhD? How do you know?

I can't believe no one else has called out the analysis of this letter for the garbage that it is. I'm even on her side and likely to believe that there is a massive cover-up here. But the analysis of this letter was just ridiculously inept. If you want me to go over it point-by-point, I'm happy to.

My main point in all this is: consider the source. Look at the factual, anyone-can-see-it evidence she presents, but view her interpretations with a skeptical eye. IMO, she hasn't shown herself to be very skilled at deductive reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    Well evidently not because that letter is 100% standard for this sort of request. Is her husband actually an MD, and not a PhD? How do you know?
    Why am I doing this?

My husband and I are not "left wing bloggers," "conspiracy theorists," or otherwise fruitcakes. I am a childbirth labor coach, a published author in the childbirth field, and a lactation consultant; my husband is a physician who has, until this election, always voted Republican. So we're hardly coming from left field.

Shortly after the announcement of Palin's selection, rumors ran rampant on the Internet that she had not given birth to "Trig" but he was the child of her oldest daughter Bristol. Then – bang – in one fell swoop, the story was killed by the staggering announcement that Bristol was actually five months pregnant now, thus (very neatly) precluding her giving birth in mid April.

There are enough "anomalies" surrounding the pregnancy and birth last April that reasonable people can ask reasonable questions, and should be able to get answers without feeling like we're breaking some sort of national law or "picking on" a seventeen year old or a baby with Down's Syndrome. One right wing blogger suggested that there are just some things we have to accept on trust, this is one of them, and that's the end of it. Not to us. The story does matter... if she would lie about something like this, what else would she lie about?
    Sarah Palin's Lies

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post

I can't believe no one else has called out the analysis of this letter for the garbage that it is. I'm even on her side and likely to believe that there is a massive cover-up here. But the analysis of this letter was just ridiculously inept. If you want me to go over it point-by-point, I'm happy to.

My main point in all this is: consider the source. Look at the factual, anyone-can-see-it evidence she presents, but view her interpretations with a skeptical eye. IMO, she hasn't shown herself to be very skilled at deductive reasoning.
    Yeah, that letter analysis wreaked of 'The aliens killed JFK.' I think the blogger is on the right track for many things, but she should've steered clear of this one. Just because it's not what she (or her husband) would have written as a professional medical letter, doesn't mean that someone else wouldn't.
    "Oh! I've been looking for a red suede pump!"
    - Marie (Carrie Fisher), When Harry Met Sally

Monday, April 6, 2009

Message. In. A. Bottle.

Well, not exactly in a bottle. More like on the Tyra Banks show.

Since the beginning of the controversy about who had given birth to Trig Palin a set of pictures that were published some time prior to May 5, 2008 on Mercede Johnston's MySpace page has given those of us who have tried to solve the riddle, basically, fits. The pictures have been discussed in several other posts on this blog, here. Here's one of them, the other two (one of Mercede with Bristol and one of Mercede with Sarah) can be seen at the posts linked above.

The captions - identifying Trig as Mercede's "baby brother" and Sarah Palin as "mommy in law" could never be adequately explained through "known" relationships. Certainly, many people - myself among them - thought that the captions indicated that Trig Palin was something "special" to Mercede Johnston, something far MORE special than just the younger brother of a good friend, though just how that was remained "obscure" as the captions, while terribly intriguing, were difficult to explain.

No matter how one "sliced and diced," Trig Palin was NOT Mercede's brother unless somehow her mother (Sherrie Johnston) was also Trig's mother... and that seemed beyond credibility... or if somehow Mercede's father was also Trig's father. But it never was possible to explain why, in such a circumstance, Sarah Palin would be motivated to fake a pregnancy. If Trig were Levi's son, Trig would be Mercede's nephew, and she did not say that. If he were merely her future sister-in-law's younger brother, Mercede's enthusiasm was hard to explain.

Initially, many people thought the pictures were taken in a hospital setting. After Gov. Palin did several interviews after the election in her home, we were able to prove conclusively that the photos were in fact taken in the Palin kitchen. While interesting, this made the photos in a way more obscure, since now they could only be dated to some point "before May 5th." We know this because on May 5th, Mercede received a comment about them on her MySpace page. Other than that, they could not be dated.

Today, Mercede Johnston, Levi Johnston, and Sherrie Johnston (their mother) appeared on the Tyra Banks show. In the background, numerous still photos were shown.

Including this one:

I've got news for everyone. Mercede is wearing exactly the same outfit, down to the earrings, as the photos released last year. Her hair is identical. The baby appears to be wearing the same outfit. Levi is sitting in the same chair in the Palin kitchen.
    Compare for yourself:

This is NOT a photo of Levi with Tripp Johnston, allegedly born December 27, 2008.

This is a photo of Levi Johnston cradling tenderly Trig Palin, allegedly born April 18, 2008. It was taken the same day as the photos that Mercede put up on her MySpace page, some time before May 5th 2008.

Why in the world would this photo be selected for release on the Tyra Banks show unless Mercede is trying to send us a message, loud and clear? Surely, if Tripp IS Levi's child (and Trig is the son of his ex future mother-in-law) there would be no earthly reason to release photos of Trig with Levi on a show that was supposed to be about current events, i.e., Tripp's birth and the current relationship with Tripp's mother. But.. someone in the Johnston clan selected this photo. Of Levi cuddling Trig. Now almost a year ago. Intentionally. So I... and other "anonymous bloggers..." would see it. And we have.

Mercede, message received. Thank you.

posted by Audrey at 10:26 PM
    Palin's Deceptions: Message. In. A. Bottle.

A lot of conspiracy nuts start off as normal people with perfectly credible and respectable careers. That judge who was yammering about the JFK assassination for decades being the most prominent example.

Elite Member

That is NOT the same chair. Is she blind?

OK, I take that back....I thought the little black foot things were part of the chair, but it appears they are watermarks.

^^ yeah I think it is the same chair. But in one photo the girl is wearing black/gray jeans, and in the Tyra photo she's wearing blue jeans. I'm also not sold that her earrings are the same.

I think the saturation/hue/lighting differences in the pictures might have something to do with that. The baby.. I'm not even going to try and call it a name because all these T names are fucking confusing.. seems to be wearing the same outfit. Interesting. Not absolutely air-tight conclusive evidence, but interesting nonetheless. I reserve judgement because I hate speculating and then getting reamed for it.

A*O

I think Audrey's "conspiracy" makes a lot more sense than Camp Palin's explanations (or distinct lack thereof).
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I'm not buying that this means anything. Most people like to hold a new baby, just like they like to hold a new puppy, so them being happy and affectionate doesn't mean it's related to them. The pictures are definitely from the same day, but since the Palin camp probably did not allow them to take pictures with the new baby, they're probably just showing more generic "me with A baby" photos.

I'm not saying that I believe the first baby wasn't Bristol's. I don't feel strongly one way or another (except that Palin is lying about something).

Hmm, Levi & family were on CBS' Early Show this morning:
    Levi Johnston's Dilemma - CBS News Video
    Sounds like the family feud is heating up! I can't help but wonder what's next...

Hey Levi - I know that there's some sort of intelligence difficiency in Wasilla, but instead of tromping all over the country giving whiney interviews, perhaps you could go to court and get a custody order if you want to see your son.

dead yet?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Thread Information