Page 53 of 75 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 795 of 1114
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: *Rumors and Speculation* Did Sarah Palin fake her last pregnancy?

  1. #781
    Elite Member Little Wombat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    It's my habit to not believe something preposterous until somebody has proven it fairly conclusively. I have looked through the travel reports that were just linked. They don't mean a lot (people get dates and notes in travel records wrong all the time, despite their best efforts) unless you corroborate them with the photos (assembled by the blogger and hosted on her Flickr account). And the photos, as I've said before, often don't show sources, rarely if ever provide links, and even have the blogger guessing at the dates on at least one of them. In addition to that, it seems fairly safe to assume that this blogger is predisposed to comparing a timeline and photos, looking for the holes, and then filling in the gaps with suppositions that they must support the blogger's argument.
    To me, the travel reports simply are evidence of an unexplainable behavioral pattern shift: Bristol, who traveled frequently with her mom in early 2007, stops traveling with her mom in late 2007 and doesn't show up again until spring 2008 on the travel reports. An obvious pattern shift for some reason unknown to us. [Okay, let's face it, Bristol was preggers!] For Sarah Palin, who professed she wanted to spend family time with her children and that's why they travel with her, this seems to contradict her stated intentions.
    "Oh! I've been looking for a red suede pump!"
    - Marie (Carrie Fisher), When Harry Met Sally

  2. #782
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    26,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Your denial is hilarious. They "had a falling out?" This is a mother and daughter, not best friends. Good grief. Do you think Bristol stopped attending high school in '07/'08, where all her friends are because she had a falling out with her mother? Seriously, your entire rationale goes like this:

    Bristol: I'm giving up my entire life to live in seclusion for months just because of you! So there mommy!

    Sarah: Fine!

    Of course. I know people who have done it. My cousin moved in with her sister in Australia, at a slightly younger age than Bristol, after she had a blowup with her mom. So, yes, I can see it.

    Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    And where's the "hard proof" for the falling out, huh?
    I have it documented extensively in my blog. Just kidding.
    Last edited by Tati; March 3rd, 2009 at 03:08 PM.

  3. #783
    Elite Member Fluffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Of course. I know people who have done it. My cousin moved in with her sister in Australia, at a slightly younger age than Bristol, after she had a blowup with her mom. So, yes, I can see it.
    So what if you know people who've done it? You have absolutely NO PROOF that this is what happened in the Palin's family. You're only using this as an excuse to further your denial. You have nothing Mohandas. N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

  4. #784
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    26,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    So what if you know people who've done it? You have absolutely NO PROOF that this is what happened in the Palin's family. You're only using this as an excuse to further your denial. You have nothing Mohandas. N-O-T-H-I-N-G.
    Exactly! Mutually assured nothing! It keeps both of our tinfoil theories safe.

  5. #785
    Elite Member Fluffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Exactly! Mutually assured nothing! It keeps both of our tinfoil theories safe.
    Whatever...

  6. #786
    Elite Member Fluffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,600

    Default So Many Discrepancies, So Little Time...

    Friday, March 13, 2009

    So Many Discrepancies, So Little Time...

    There are so many discrepancies in the pregnancy and birth stories of both Trig Palin and Tripp Johnston that it is sometimes hard to keep up with them all. You'd need a whole section in your Day Planner just to keep track of most of them. And lots of note cards and spread sheets and.... oh yes, that IS my desk.

    Anyway...

    When you least expect it, a new clue (or clues) seems to emerge that helps to clear the fog away from earlier statements. Happily, the recent publication of an unauthorized biography of Sarah Palin, Trailblazer by Lorenzo Benet, along with Greta Van Susteren’s interview of Sarah…er… Bristol Palin, offered us some new information that allows us to put a few more pieces of the birth-hoax puzzle together. (Who would have thought that the pro-Palin biography OR Greta’s interview would HELP us make our case? Is this poetic justice, or perhaps divine intervention, or what?)

    Based on an (undocumented) birth date of December 27th, Tripp was conceived no earlier than April 2008, and arguably later as he was not presented to the world until mid-February (exactly as I predicted). So even Bristol could not have been aware of the pregnancy until late-April 2008, at the earliest.

    Yet we know that rumors of the pregnancy preceded this time frame, so much so that Sarah herself tried to dispel the rumors prior to March 2008. The Anchorage Daily New wrote a story about the rumors on August 31, 2008 and as we now know, they pursued the story about the rumors again in the fall. We also know that, almost a year ago, a poster on reddit.com reported on the Bristol pregnancy rumor and said she was going to high school in Anchorage. Wasilla caterer Sue Williams stated on the record that Willow Palin's boyfriend was telling people in Wasilla before Trig was born that Bristol was pregnant.

    In fact, there is so much to discuss regarding rumors of the pregnancy that I have decided to go into more detail on this subject in an upcoming post – today I am just going to focus on the question of when Bristol moved to Anchorage.

    Why? Because this is important. Because it shows that in spite of months of time to get it right, this whole dumb bunch STILL just can't get their stories straight. First Dude has had his slip ups, including telling Greta Van Susteren that three of their children had traveled to the VP nomination announcement. Ooops. What about little number 4, Triggy Bear? Sarah - Lord knows - has changed her stories on Trig's pregnancy so many times we can't even list all of the blunders and even direct contradictions. And now... both Sarah Palin's sister, Heather Bruce, and Bristol Palin seems to have joined the ooops club.

    First, let’s reintroduce Heather Bruce, Sarah’s sister, who lives in Anchorage near the West High School, where her daughter Lauden is a student. There seems to be no dispute that Bristol Palin lived with Heather Bruce during her pregnancy AND there seems to be no dispute that Bristol Palin lived with Heather Bruce in January and February of 2008, but somehow those two facts don't seem to collide into a simple conclusion in most people's minds: that a high likelihood exists that Bristol Palin WAS pregnant in January and February of 2008.

    There is a plausible reason for this: That she had lived with Heather Bruce while pregnant was reported at the same time that Bristol’s pregnancy with Tripp was publicized, and many people assumed that the Tripp pregnancy was the pregnancy in question.

    But now, adding to the earlier statements (which, it appears, some in the Palin camp may have forgotten were still floating around out there ), we have some new statements from both Heather Bruce and Bristol Palin that help clarify that this extended stay with Aunt Heather could not have been during Bristol’s pregnancy with Tripp. It was much earlier. Really big oops.

    Let’s start by looking at some of the published reports on Bristol’s time living with Heather Bruce.

    There is a report by Inside Edition, which says: “Halfway through the school year, about the time Bristol discovered she was pregnant, she transferred to another high school.” This report was aired on 9/2/2008, meaning it had to refer to a prior school year. This states explicitly and openly that Bristol found out she was pregnant "halfway through the school year." Unless Bristol Palin had the longest pregnancy on record, halfway through that school year, Tripp had not yet been conceived, but of course "someone" had to be pregnant with Trig. Half way through the school year would have been around December when "someone" would have been around twenty weeks. A very plausible and logical time for a first time mother to find out (or at least reveal to her family) that she is expecting. Why this statement has not received more scruitiny has always mystified me.

    Another report, this one by the Washington Post,states that Bristol went mid-school-year to live with her aunt in Anchorage, finishing at the city's West High School.

    The assistant principal of the Wasilla High School also confirmedthat Bristol transferred from there halfway through the 2007-2008 school year: “Mark Okeson, the assistant principal at Wasilla High School told the Chicago Tribune that Bristol started her junior year last fall, in the town where Sarah Palin grew up. He said Bristol inexplicably transferred to an Anchorage high school midyear, leaving Levi behind. ‘I never heard the story why,’ he said.”

    Not to be outdone, the National Enquirer reported this as well, with some additional details: “When Sarah found out the teen was pregnant by high schooler Levi Johnston, she was actually banished from the house. As part of the cover-up, Palin quickly transferred Bristol to another high school and made her move in with Sarah’s sister Heather 25 miles away!”

    (Note here as well the interesting use of the phrase "cover-up." Nowhere has it ever been suggested that any attempt was made to cover up Tripp's pregnancy.)

    This has been confirmed to me by several people in Wasilla - that there were definitely rumors in the area by December 2007 that Bristol Palin was pregnant. (Whether the rumors were TRUE is an open question, but that the rumors EXISTED is, in my opinion, NOT open to question or debate.)

    These statements have been left to languish by the MSM for months, despite the obvious implication that Bristol Palin was pregnant by late 2007. I think that everyone can agree on one thing: this could NOT have been any pregnancy that ended on December 27, 2008 with the birth of Tripp Johnston. There are only two possibilities. The rumors were all false, or Bristol was pregnant in late 2007 with another child.

    Now, in the recently published biography as reported in People Magazine, we have new info from Heather Bruce confirming that Bristol lived with her while pregnant and while going to Anchorage West HS. "While Bristol was pregnant last year, she was living in Anchorage with her aunt and uncle, Heather and Kurt Bruce, and working at two espresso shops – while also attending West High School. Levi was 40 miles away in Wasilla, but, ‘there was certainly no ban on them dating,’ reports Trailblazer. ‘Levi used to drive to Anchorage to take Bristol out.’”

    We also have a confirmation from "Misty" in Anchorage that Bristol attended West High School in January and February, leaving sometime around mid to late February.

    But let's do a little granny finger counting here. IF the birth date of Tripp Johnston is as reported (December 27th) and he was full term (reasonable considering his birth date) he would have been conceived around April 1st. A quick perusal of the Anchorage West High School's calendar from the 2007-2008 school year shows us that the last day of school was May 23rd. The earliest Bristol could even have suspected she was pregnant was mid to late April. So when would she have lived with Auntie Heather (while pregnant) and gone to school and worked? A week or so in May 2008? Who transfers someone to a new high school with, oh, three weeks left in the school year and then gets two jobs? Come on...

    Adding support to our skepticism, we now also know from the Greta Van Susteren interview that Bristol claims to not have told Sarah and Todd Palin of her pregnancy with Tripp until the summer of 2008, after school was out. It's never been suggested anywhere that last fall during the campaign when she would have been pregnant with Tripp was she living in Anchorage, working and/ or attending school.

    All of this makes it crystal clear that Bristol’s banishment to Anchorage could not have been for the Tripp pregnancy. As our perceptive bloggers have already pointed out, this also could explain why there are two vastly different accounts of how Bristol told Sarah she was pregnant, one of her sitting her parents down on a couch, the other of her chasing her mother around with a positive pregnancy stick.

    So.. what's the truth here? As I have been forced to admit so often on this blog, I don't know. I do know that it is not biologically possible for a woman to have a baby on April 18th and have another (full term) on December 27th. That I can state with confidence.

    This, then, leaves us only two possibilities.
    A. If the same woman gave birth to both babies, the birth dates we have been given for the two children cannot be correct.
    B. If the birth dates are correct, Trig and Tripp cannot have the same mother.

    I vote A.

    posted by Audrey at 7:27 PM

    Palin's Deceptions: So Many Discrepancies, So Little Time...

  7. #787
    Elite Member sparkly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches
    Posts
    14,422

    Default

    I'm not saying Palin did or did not fake her pregnancy, because I don't know much about it. But there was a woman that Palin grew up with who wrote an article slamming ever political choice Palin ever made, as well as her personal character, and even she said that Palin was indeed pregnant, and that it's not Bristol's child. The woman hates Palin's guts, and she could've used that as an opportunity to further the rumor, but she didn't, which makes me lean toward the idea that Palin isn't covering for her daughter.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

  8. #788
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,161

    Default

    Is there a link to the article? That would be an interesting read.

  9. #789
    Elite Member Fluffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    I'm not saying Palin did or did not fake her pregnancy, because I don't know much about it. But there was a woman that Palin grew up with who wrote an article slamming ever political choice Palin ever made, as well as her personal character, and even she said that Palin was indeed pregnant, and that it's not Bristol's child. The woman hates Palin's guts, and she could've used that as an opportunity to further the rumor, but she didn't, which makes me lean toward the idea that Palin isn't covering for her daughter.
    Was this the Anne Kilkenny letter you're referring to? Even if she didn't like Palin, that doesn't mean she was in a position to know what goes on behind the Palin's family doors. There's plenty of people who don't like Palin up in Alaska and don't believe she was ever pregnant. Nothing about Sarah Palin being pregnant with Trig has ever been credible.

  10. #790
    Elite Member WhoAmI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    Is there a link to the article? That would be an interesting read.
    I think that one of the great things America and western democracies have contributed to the world is the ability to distinguish between disliking someone and disagreeing. We all need to work toward being able to agree to disagree. I like Sarah Palin. I disagree with her.

    I wrote this letter to friends and family on August 31. It has since circulated throughout the Web.

    About Sarah Palin
    I am a resident of Wasilla, Alaska. I have known Sarah since 1992. Everyone here knows Sarah, so it is nothing special to say we are on a first-name basis. Our children have attended the same schools. Her father was my child's favorite substitute teacher. I also am on a first name basis with her parents and mother-in-law. I attended more city council meetings during her administration than about 99% of the residents of the city.

    She is enormously popular; in every way she's like the most popular girl in middle school. Even men who think she is a poor choice and won't vote for her can't quit smiling when talking about her because she is a "babe."

    It is astonishing and almost scary how well she can keep a secret. She kept her most recent pregnancy a secret from her children and parents for seven months.

    She is pro-life. She recently gave birth to a Down's syndrome baby. There is no cover-up involved, here; Trig is her baby.
    Story continues below

    She is energetic and hardworking. She regularly worked out at the gym.

    She is savvy. She doesn't take positions; she just puts things out there and if they prove to be popular, then she takes credit.

    Her husband works a union job on the North Slope for BP and is a champion snowmobile racer. Todd Palin's kind of job is highly sought-after because of the schedule and high pay. He arranges his work schedule so he can fish for salmon in Bristol Bay for a month or so in summer, but by no stretch of the imagination is fishing their major source of income. Nor has her lifestyle ever been anything like that of native Alaskans.

    Sarah and her whole family are avid hunters.

    She's smart.

    Her experience is as mayor of a city with a population of about 5,000 (at the time), and less than two years as governor of a state with about 670,000 residents.

    During her mayoral administration most of the actual work of running this small city was turned over to an administrator. She had been pushed to hire this administrator by party power brokers after she had gotten herself into some trouble over precipitous firings, which had given rise to a recall campaign.

    Sarah campaigned in Wasilla as a "fiscal conservative." During her six years as mayor, she increased general government expenditures by over 33%. During those same six years, the amount of taxes collected by the city increased by 38%. This was during a period of low inflation (1996-2002). She reduced progressive property taxes and increased a regressive sales tax, which even taxed food. The tax cuts that she promoted benefited large corporate property owners way more than they benefited residents.

    The huge increases in tax revenues during her mayoral administration weren't enough to fund everything on her wish list though. Borrowed money was needed, too. She inherited a city with zero debt, but left it with indebtedness of over $22 million. What did Mayor Palin encourage the voters to borrow money for? Was it the infrastructure that she said she supported? The sewage treatment plant that the city lacked? Or a new library? No. $1 million for a park. $15 million-plus for construction of a multi-use sports complex, which she rushed through to build on a piece of property that the city didn't even have clear title to. That was still in litigation seven years later -- to the delight of the lawyers involved! The sports complex itself is a nice addition to the community but a huge money pit, not the profit generator she claimed it would be. She also supported bonds for $5.5 million for road projects that could have been done in 5-7 years without any borrowing.

    While mayor, city hall was extensively remodeled and her office redecorated more than once.

    These are small numbers, but Wasilla is a very small city.

    As an oil producer, the high price of oil has created a budget surplus in Alaska. Rather than invest this surplus in technology that will make us energy independent and increase efficiency, as governor she proposed distribution of this surplus to every individual in the state.

    In this time of record state revenues and budget surpluses, she recommended that the state borrow and bond for road projects, even while she proposed distribution of surplus state revenues: spend today's surplus, borrow for needs.

    She's not very tolerant of divergent opinions or open to outside ideas or compromise. As mayor, she fought ideas that weren't generated by her or her staff. Ideas weren't evaluated on their merits, but on the basis of who proposed them.

    While Sarah was mayor of Wasilla, she tried to fire our highly respected city librarian because the librarian refused to consider removing from the library some books that Sarah wanted removed. City residents rallied to the defense of the city librarian and against Palin's attempt at out-and-out censorship, so Palin backed down and withdrew her termination letter. People who fought her attempt to oust the librarian are on her enemies list to this day.

    Sarah complained about the "old boy's club" when she first ran for mayor, so what did she bring Wasilla? A new set of "old boys." Palin fired most of the experienced staff she inherited. At the city and as governor she hired or elevated new, inexperienced, obscure people, creating a staff totally dependent on her for their jobs and eternally grateful and fiercely loyal -- loyal to the point of abusing their power to further her personal agenda, as she has acknowledged happened in the case of pressuring the state's top cop (see below).

    As mayor, Sarah fired Wasilla's police chief because he "intimidated" her, she told the press. As governor, her recent firing of Alaska's top cop has the ring of familiarity about it. He served at her pleasure and she had every legal right to fire him, but it's pretty clear that an important factor in her decision to fire him was that he wouldn't fire her sister's ex-husband, a state trooper. Under investigation for abuse of power, she has had to admit that more than two dozen contacts were made between her staff and family to the person that she later fired, pressuring him to fire her ex-brother-in-law. She tried to replace the man she fired with a man who she knew had been reprimanded for sexual harassment; when this caused a public furor, she withdrew her support.

    She has bitten the hand of every person who extended theirs to her in help. The city council person who personally escorted her around town, introducing her to voters when she first ran for Wasilla City Council, became one of her first targets when she was later elected Mayor. She abruptly fired her loyal city administrator; even people who didn't like the guy were stunned by this ruthlessness.

    Fear of retribution has kept all of these people from saying anything publicly about her.

    When then-Governor Murkowski was handing out political plums, Sarah got the best, chair of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission: one of the few jobs not in Juneau and one of the best paid. She had no background in oil and gas issues. Within months of scoring this great job, which paid $122,400 per year, she was complaining in the press about the high salary. I was told that she hated that job: the commute, the structured hours, the work. Sarah became aware that a member of this commission (who was also the state chair of the Republican Party) engaged in unethical behavior on the job. In a gutsy move, which some undoubtedly cautioned her could be political suicide, Sarah solved all her problems in one fell swoop: got out of the job she hated and garnered gobs of media attention as the patron saint of ethics and as a gutsy fighter against the "old boys' club" when she dramatically quit, exposing this man's ethics violations (for which he was fined).

    As mayor, she had her hand stuck out as far as anyone for pork from Senator Ted Stevens. Lately, she has castigated his pork-barrel politics and publicly humiliated him. She only opposed the "bridge to nowhere" after it became clear that it would be unwise not to.

    As governor, she gave the legislature no direction and budget guidelines, then made a big grandstand display of line-item vetoing projects, calling them pork. Public outcry and further legislative action restored most of these projects -- which had been vetoed simply because she was not aware of their importance -- but with the unobservant she had gained a reputation as "anti-pork."

    She is solidly Republican: no political maverick. The state party leaders hate her because she has bit them in the back and humiliated them. Other members of the party object to her self-description as a fiscal conservative.

    Around Wasilla there are people who went to high school with Sarah. They call her "Sarah Barracuda" because of her unbridled ambition and predatory ruthlessness. Before she became so powerful, very ugly stories circulated around town about shenanigans she pulled to be made point guard on the high school basketball team. When Sarah's mother-in-law, a highly respected member of the community and experienced manager, ran for mayor, Sarah refused to endorse her.

    As governor, she stepped outside of the box and put together a package of legislation known as AGIA, which forced the oil companies to march to the beat of her drum.

    Like most Alaskans, she favors drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. She has questioned if the loss of sea ice is linked to global warming. She campaigned "as a private citizen" against a state initiative that would have either a) protected salmon streams from pollution from mines, or b) tied up in the courts all mining in the state (depending on who you listen to). She has pushed the state's lawsuit against the Department of the Interior's decision to list polar bears as threatened species.

    McCain is the oldest person to ever run for president; Sarah will be a heartbeat away from being president.

    There have to be literally millions of Americans who are more knowledgeable and experienced than her.

    However, there's a lot of people who have underestimated her and are regretting it.

    Claim vs. Fact


    * "Hockey mom:" true for a few years.

    * "PTA mom:" true years ago when her first-born was in elementary school, not since.

    * "NRA supporter:" absolutely true.

    * Social conservative: mixed. Opposes gay marriage, but vetoed a bill that would have denied benefits to employees in same-sex relationships. (Said she did this because it was unconstitutional.)

    * Pro-creationism: mixed. Supports it, but did nothing as governor to promote it.

    * "Pro-life:" mixed. Knowingly gave birth to a Down's syndrome baby, but declined to call a special legislative session on some pro-life legislation.

    * "Experienced:" Some high schools have more students than Wasilla has residents. Many cities have more residents than the state of Alaska. No legislative experience other than city council. Little hands-on supervisory or managerial experience; needed help of a city administrator to run town of about 5,000.

    * Political maverick: not at all.

    * Gutsy: absolutely!

    * Open and transparent: ??? Good at keeping secrets. Not good at explaining actions.

    * Has a developed philosophy of public policy: no.

    * "A greenie:" no. Turned Wasilla into a wasteland of big box stores and disconnected parking lots. Is pro-drilling off-shore and in ANWR.

    * Fiscal conservative: not by my definition!

    * Pro-infrastructure: no. Promoted a sports complex and park in a city without a sewage treatment plant or storm drainage system. Built streets to early 20th century standards.

    * Pro-tax relief: lowered taxes for businesses, but increased tax burden on residents

    * Pro-small government: no. Oversaw greatest expansion of city government in Wasilla's history.

    * Pro-labor/pro-union: no. Just because her husband works union doesn't make her pro-labor. I have seen nothing to support any claim that she is pro-labor/pro-union.

    Why Am I Writing This?
    First, I have long believed in the importance of being an informed voter. I am a voter registrar. For 10 years I put on student voting programs in the schools. If you Google my name, you will find references to my participation in local government, education, and PTA/parent organizations.

    Secondly, I've always operated in the belief that bad things happen when good people stay silent. Few people know as much about Palin as I do because few have gone to as many city council meetings.

    Third, I am just a housewife. I don't have a job she can bump me out of. I don't belong to any organization that she can hurt. But, I am no fool; she is immensely popular here, and it is likely that this will cost me somehow in the future. That's life.

    Fourth, she has hated me since back in 1996, when I was one of the 100 or so people who rallied to support the city librarian against Sarah's attempt at censorship.

    Fifth, I looked around and realized that everybody else was afraid to say anything because they were somehow vulnerable.

    Caveats
    I am not a statistician. I developed the numbers for the increase in spending and taxation two years ago (when Palin was running for governor) from information supplied to me by the finance director of the city of Wasilla, and I can't recall exactly what I adjusted for: did I adjust for inflation? For population increases? Right now, it is impossible for a private person to get any info out of city hall -- they are swamped. So I can't verify my numbers.

    You may have noticed that there are various numbers circulating for the population of Wasilla, ranging from my "about 5,000" up to 9,000. The day Palin's selection was announced a city official told me that the current population is about 7,000. The official 2000 census count was 5,460. I have used about 5,000 because Palin was mayor from 1996 to 2002, and the city was growing rapidly in the mid-90s.
    Anne Kilkenny: About Sarah Palin

  11. #791
    Silver Member chattykathy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Children with Down Syndrome are usually born to older mothers, the chance of Trig being Bristol's are remote. Down Syndrome
    ""Somebody needs to talk to Alex Castellanos: he may not be doing sex right if he thinks an Obama speech is 'like sex'."~ Rush Limbaugh

  12. #792
    Elite Member Little Wombat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chattykathy View Post
    Children with Down Syndrome are usually born to older mothers, the chance of Trig being Bristol's are remote. Down Syndrome
    We've already gone over this, but the website you cite states it as well:
    Mother who is over 35. The older the mother is, the higher her baby’s risk of Down syndrome. (But most babies with Down syndrome are born to mothers younger than 35, because younger women as a group have more babies than older women do.)
    Down Syndrome
    In other words, a single baby born to a mother older than 35 is more likely to be born with Down syndrome than a baby born to a mother younger than 35; however, it is likely that any Down baby was born to a mother younger than 35. Or put another way, more Down babies are born to mothers younger than 35 than to mothers older than 35.
    "Oh! I've been looking for a red suede pump!"
    - Marie (Carrie Fisher), When Harry Met Sally

  13. #793
    Elite Member Fluffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,600

    Default Alaskans have their eyes on Bristol

    First a little background.

    A good friend of mine called me the other day and told me that he had stumbled on a potentially huge story and that he was going to send me a picture to look at. I was kind of intrigued so I told him I would look for his e-mail. This is what arrived.



    The only description he provided was this word: Bristol. (To see this more clearly it helps to save it to your computer and then blow it up)

    I called my friend and asked him just what I was looking at. He replied that those were pictures he took of Bristol Palin on February 8, of this year at the Iron Dog. And that she was pregnant.

    To say that this made my head explode was an understatement to say the least.

    How is that possible? We had just seen an interview with Greta Van Susteren where Bristol held a tiny baby that we were told was Tripp Palin who she had given birth to on December 27, 2008.

    And hadn't the video shown Bristol with no baby bump? To be honest I was not sure so I went back and watched the interview again.

    These two embeds show Bristol from the side and have the best chance of revealing anything amiss.

    Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com

    Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com

    The first thing I noticed is that Bristol never stood up. (And didn't Greta say to Bill O'Reilly that she did not see Bristol AT ALL except for during the interview?) I also noticed that she is wearing a very dark and loose fitting sweater or sweat shirt. In other words it is impossible to tell anything about her current state by watching these two videos. And I was also struck by a picture of Levi holding Tripp (Trig?) that was plastered onto the screen when little Trig is brought into the room. It does not fit the narrative and so I have no idea why it was placed there, but now another possibility occurs to me.

    I then decided to send these pictures to two of my trusted blogging pals for them to look over. Am I missing something? Do you see what I see?

    The response was mixed. One said that this could simply be post-partum weight that had not yet fallen off. (Let's see Tripp was born December 27, picture taken February 8, that is 43 days or six weeks later. She is an eighteen year old woman having her "first" baby. Could she still look THIS pregnant that much later?)

    My other friend said that this might be the "nail in the coffin" picture. And I needed to publish it.

    So I did some research and found that post partum bellies come in all shapes and sizes. And that it is conceivable that this is how Bristol's stomach still looks after giving birth only 6 weeks ago. However I also found that it was even more likely to be that size if the birth was more recent or if it was not the woman's first baby. (Things that make you go hmm.)

    So does this picture PROVE anything? Yes in my opinion it proves that either Bristol is pregnant now, or has recently given birth. (This may seem silly to point out but remember that there are still a lot of people who believe that Bristol gave birth to Trig and then the McCain/Palin team faked this second pregnancy to cover it up.)

    What does it mean for those who have followed this saga for lo these many months?

    It means that we need to keep an eye out for Bristol. If she shows up in a few weeks with a slimmer figure then we can accept that this was no big deal, and that she did indeed have a baby recently, and the Tripp Palin birth story is much more credible.

    If she disappears and nobody sets eyes on her for six months or so then our tinfoil hats can stay firmly in place.

    But remember this one fact. Sarah Palin and her people are reactive. They respond to stories that they consider damaging by releasing red herrings.

    When the internet was abuzz over the question of Trig's parentage, Bristol was thrown under the bus in lieu of a birth certificate. When the Troopergate investigation came back and found Sarah culpable, she launched a new investigation to find herself innocent. When questions about the mysterious Tripp Palin started to become impossible to ignore, Greta of Fox News was called in to quiet us down. But the question is have any of these responses ever been honest, or transparent? Not from where I am sitting they haven't.

    And one more little tidbit that I feel I must share. The friend who took these pictures is NOT a "babygate" believer. He has said consistently that he saw Sarah Palin and thought she looked pregnant to him. So for him to see Bristol and feel compelled, not only to take her picture, but to send it to me and ask me to post it, means that he was pretty convinced by what he saw.

    So feel free to provide feedback. I encourage you to take a good long look at the picture and then make up your mind as to what you see. I also have no problem with others "borrowing" this photo for their own use. It would be nice if you left my blog address on it however.

    Posted by Gryphen at 2:00 AM
    The Immoral Minority: The Post.

  14. #794
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    could someone summarize? lol
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  15. #795
    Elite Member Fluffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,600

    Default

    which part?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Sarah Palin ethics investigation
    By Fluffy in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: September 7th, 2008, 01:00 PM
  2. The real Sarah Palin trap!!
    By *DIVA! in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: September 1st, 2008, 11:52 AM
  3. Sarah Palin: It's worse than you think
    By Sasha in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: August 31st, 2008, 05:07 PM
  4. Sarah Palin unlikely to woo Hillary Clinton supporters
    By NicoleWasHere in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: August 30th, 2008, 02:30 PM
  5. The pros and cons of Sarah Palin
    By NicoleWasHere in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 30th, 2008, 01:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •