Page 48 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: *Rumors and Speculation* Did Sarah Palin fake her last pregnancy?

The report only states that the pictures taken of Palin with the preggo-looking belly were real. Not that the belly was.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Wombat View Post
    Maybe you watch too much cable TV news pundit a$$ talk, but so far, nothing is derailing Geithner, Holder, or Daschle.
    The last part of my post said that I thought Holder and Daschle will make it. We'll see with Geithner. Any other year, and he would have already been pulled as a nominee, but as the NY Times says, Geithner's skills make him like a bank -- too big to fail.

^Except having some contention at the nomination hearing, like Holder, primarily from Republicans, is different than saying they're in trouble, which is what you stated they were: in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    ^Except having some contention at the nomination hearing, like Holder, primarily from Republicans, is different than saying they're in trouble, which is what you stated they were: in trouble.
    Holder got pretty roughed up at his hearing. Especially by Arlen Spector. Contention almost always comes from the other side - Republicans against a Democratic nominee, or Democrats against a Republican. In past years, nominees like these could have gone down the tubes. This week has proven that the Republicans don't have the stomach for sinking Obama's nominees considering our nation's current state of affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Holder got pretty roughed up at his hearing. Especially by Arlen Spector. Contention almost always comes from the other side - Republicans against a Democratic nominee, or Democrats against a Republican. In past years, nominees like these could have gone down the tubes. This week has proven that the Republicans don't have the stomach for sinking Obama's nominees considering our nation's current state of affairs.
    Nothing in the WP suggests Holden's nomination isn't or wouldn't go through. Tough questioning doesn't necessarily mean that the nomination won't go through. Here's the latest from the Post:
    Attorney General Nominee Eric Holder Gains Support From GOP, Law Enforcement
    By Carrie Johnson
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Saturday, January 17, 2009; A04

Attorney general nominee Eric H. Holder Jr. won support yesterday from another Republican lawmaker, all but ensuring his candidacy will proceed smoothly and not fall to a GOP filibuster.

Attorney General Nominee Eric Holder Gains Support From GOP, Law Enforcement - washingtonpost.com
    Last edited by Little Wombat; January 18th, 2009 at 10:16 PM. Reason: deleting most of article. shouldn't have posted it - too OT
    "Oh! I've been looking for a red suede pump!"
    - Marie (Carrie Fisher), When Harry Met Sally

A little bit OT, but Troopergate and the misuse of e-mail may be on the table when the Alaskan Legislature goes back into session on Tuesday:

There are also lingering effects of the "Troopergate" investigation the Legislature conducted of the governor last fall.

'TROOPERGATE ISN'T GOING AWAY'

The Legislature's report found Palin abused her power in allowing her husband and top aides to push for the firing of a state trooper who is her former brother-in-law. But a second report, for the state personnel board, came to the opposite conclusion and found that Palin was not responsible for any wrongdoing. Palin said she considers the matter over and thinks people should move on.

State House Minority Leader Beth Kerttula said she isn't ready to let the issues go.

"Troopergate isn't going away, and it shouldn't go away," the Juneau Democrat said.

There doesn't appear to be sufficient desire in the Legislature to reprimand the governor. But there is bipartisan concern about the resistance the attorney general, Palin appointee Talis Colberg, posed to legislative subpoenas.

"One of the judiciary committees or both of the judiciary committees should maybe bring the AG in front of them and have some frank discussions about what his actions were toward the state employees, why the subpoenas weren't complied with," said Chenault, the Republican house speaker.

Palin didn't object when asked about that, saying only that it's "certainly their right to do so." But Anchorage Republican Rep. Bob Lynn said it's a bad idea to dredge it up.

"I think that's history. We should stop looking in the rear-view mirror," Lynn said. "I've got a news flash, the election is over."

It's too soon to say if the bipartisan majority in state Senate will also want to take on the subpoena issue, said Anchorage Democratic Sen. Hollis French. But he said he's heard of bills dealing with related issues, such as availability of public records and use of private e-mail for state business.
    Palin: In-state gas line is session's top priority: Legislature | adn.com

The sad thing is it doesn't matter who that kid's real mother is, he's going to be pimped out all his life as long as Palin has any political mileage left in her. Until he gets old enough where you can really tell there is a problem with his brain, and then he will be hidden chained back in the wooden shed like Jett Travolta was until he died.

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    The sad thing is it doesn't matter who that kid's real mother is, he's going to be pimped out all his life as long as Palin has any political mileage left in her. Until he gets old enough where you can really tell there is a problem with his brain, and then he will be hidden chained back in the wooden shed like Jett Travolta was until he died.
    I shouldn't but I am.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I shouldn't but I am.
    Ditto. Poor little thing. Can you imagine a macho dolt like Todd caring for him once he's older?

Quote Originally Posted by Little Wombat View Post
    Nothing in the WP suggests Holden's nomination isn't or wouldn't go through. Tough questioning doesn't necessarily mean that the nomination won't go through. Here's the latest from the Post:
    Just wanted to add that former FBI Director Louis Freeh also got some hard shots in against Holder and his involvement in the pardons of Marc Rich and the Puerto Rican terrorists, as well as Holder's unwillingness to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Al Gore's violation of federal campaign laws (leading to such immortal Gore statements as "no controlling authority", and [paraphrasing] "I was tinkling when that was discussed because I drank too much ice tea".) Freeh then paradoxically said he thought that Holder would make an okay AG, one of the more remarkable turnarounds in confirmation hearing history. Luckily, Holder's work for Blagojovich was very brief.

But Holder will get through. Republicans don't want to seem obstructionist during such perilous times.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Some New Photos to Discuss - Part One

Through the last weeks and months, numerous photos have come to my attention that have not been published here on the blog or on the website. One reason I have chosen not to focus on them is that often I feel the photos are inconclusive precisely because of the way Gov. Palin chose to dress during late February, March, and April 2008. But there have been enough questions about some of them that I felt it was time to publish them, and tell what we know about them.

Gov. Palin has made conflicting statements concerning just how pregnant she ever looked. At one point, she stated explicitly that she never needed to do much to hide her pregnancy because she never showed much. However, elsewhere she made the statement that she DID hide her pregnancy, through "fashion-assisted camouflage," beginning as far back as the Vogue shoot in mid December 2007, when, according to the dates she released, she would have been around eighteen weeks pregnant (a very normal time for a fifth pregnancy to begin showing.) But careful analysis of her mode of dressing from December 2007 until February 2008 (Christmas events 2007, State of the State 2008 and other events) in fact shows NO attempt to disguse anything until approximately mid February, when Gov. Palin began dressing in jackets and scarves, and often wearing what were obviously winter coats indoors.

Gov. Palin announced her pregnancy on March 5th. Curiously enough, however, her "dress to disguise" did not cease. In fact, in general it increased, became more pronounced and in some cases almost bizarre. We have photos of her (they will be in part 2 of this post) at one event (a formal lunch for the spouses of the Alaska state legislators) AT THE GOVERNOR'S MANSION in which she is wearing a trench coat which looks like something someone could have picked up at the Salvation Army paired with a scarf that literally falls to her knees.

No sharp, stylish professional maternity clothes for Gov. Palin, which is sad considering how nice and attractive some of the designer maternity outfits are now and how really good she would have looked in them. (Quite a change from the eighties when I was pregnant and maternity "fashion" consisted mostly of floppy bows of varying sizes paired with checkered tops. As if, oh yeah, that'll hide her belly.) No, during HER pregnancy, our fashion-conscious governor favored mannish black jackets, trench coats, frowsy scarves, and winter coats worn indoors (several of which can be spotted in photos from other years fitting remarkably the same when she was "pregnant" as when she wasn't.)

Here, then is a gallery of photos that have not been widely seen before.

This first item is interesting. The event was an awards banquet for the Alaska Outdoor Council. Dating these photos was tough, because the organization's own newsletter says they were taken March 8th, 2008. Here's a screen shot of the page of the newsletter.

If that date was accurate, she would have been around 30 weeks pregnant. Further research however, has convinced me that the organization's own newsletter is wrong - and that actual date was February 9th. While not quite as dramatic a find as if this photo had been from March, Sarah Palin would still have been twenty six weeks pregnant with her fifth child here. We tracked this correct date down through this news article, from the Alaska Journal of Commerce, which contains an additonal photo.

Here's an internet picture of a woman at twenty six weeks just for reference. I posted the skinniest one I could find.

Hmmm. That's all I can say.

The next photo has been seen several places. Here it is:

This picture is interesting for a couple of reasons. First, it was one of the first (perhaps the first) taken of Gov. Palin after she announced that she WAS pregnant on March 5th, 2008. It was taken in conjunction with an event, in Fairbanks, called Fur and Ice, on March 8th, 2008. This appears to be a reception of some sort, held in honor of "the diplomatic corps." Here's another picture from the state of Alaska website.

Another reason that we are very interested in this picture is it allows us to date a blog post made by blogger Elizabeth Eubanks. Her blog entry, dated April 26th, but clearly referring to photos and events that happened earlier, is one of the "proofs" of Sarah Palin's pregnancy. The thinking goes like this: A random out of state person saw Gov. Palin at the airport and said she was pregnant. She would have no reason to lie. Therefore, Gov. Palin must have appeared pregnant. Here's a photo someone at the airport snapped of Gov. Palin, with Ms. Eubanks and Piper Palin.

It's clear that Gov. Palin and Piper are wearing the same outfits that they were wearing in the other Fur and Ice photos. Given that, plus the fact that Eubanks says she saw them in the Fairbanks airport, and it's a reasonable assumption that the photo of Eubanks, Palin, and Piper Palin was taken on March 8th.

It's been suggested various places that Elizabeth Eubanks was "paid off" to say that Gov. Palin looked pregnant. I'd like to suggest a far less cynical or dire explanation: she was in Alaska precisely when the pregnancy was announced. It was on TV and in the papers. No doubt, she heard about it, may well have seen it discussed on TV within the 24 hours prior to her leaving Alaska, and when she saw Gov. Palin it was the first thing she thought of. Based on Palin's appearance at the other "Fur and Ice" picture, in which she looks completely unpregnant, it's hard to imagine any great change in belly size between then and the airport that evening. So, my conclusion is: Elizabeth Eubank's oft-repeated statement "Of course I had to check out the “Hottest Governor in the US” and quickly turned to see her pregnant (she has since had her baby) with bags and daughter in tote." is nothing more that her repeating what she had just heard on TV, and had nothing to do with Palin's actual appearance that day.

For further discussion, I'd like to offer this picture, taken just last December less than a month ago, from the state of Alaska website.

The fit of the jacket, in my opionion, is identical from last March (at roughly 30 weeks of pregnancy) and this December (at 0 weeks of pregnancy.) (We hope.)

The last photo in this group is a picture taken on March 11, 2008 in conjunction with a youth summit of some sort. I am still trying to learn exactly what this group is. Here's a photo of Gov. Palin from that day.

Sarah Palin was less than five weeks away from delivering a six plus pound baby in this photo. In spite of not being able to see clearly due to her ubiquitous jacket, I sure don't see a 6-7 months pregnancy here. In addtion, this photo illustrates what I was mentioning above: her almost bizarre penchant for wearing winter coats indoors. The incongruity is made even more clear in this series of photos since many of the young people are wearing short sleeves. One young lady, not in this photo but shown at the event in other photos, is wearing a sleevless top.

More pictures tomorrow!

posted by Audrey at 7:08 AM

Palin's Deceptions: Some New Photos to Discuss - Part One

If you all keep waiting long enough, you may can actually convenience the child to get a test done to prove if she is or not.

Still no pictures of the alleged kid?

nor a birth cert
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

She's not going to provide those things in hopes everyone keeps talking about her.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Thread Information