Page 39 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 585 of 1114
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: *Rumors and Speculation* Did Sarah Palin fake her last pregnancy?

  1. #571
    Elite Member DeadDwarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,816

    Default

    Someone else earlier mentioned how Sarah may be capable of inducing the labor so Bristol's due date is closer to December 18th.

    If Bristol is on her 2nd pregnancy, Sarah may be desperate enough to "force" Bristol to have an induction. OB-Gyns can give a baby steriods to help develop the baby's lungs so it can be born earlier than expected......

    Not saying this will happen, but I am sure crazy things have been done.

  2. #572
    Elite Member Fluffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,600

    Default

    ^I doubt any doctor would do that. The baby may need extra treatment depending upon how far along it is. I have a feeling that the baby isn't due until February.

  3. #573
    A*O
    A*O is offline
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! A*O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Being Paula
    Posts
    31,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Which part of the GOP would that be? The social conservatives who are in love with Palin? Or the moderates/fiscal conservatives who see her as a drag on the party?
    I mean from a public relations point of view. Whether people love or loathe Palin it was the GOP mandarins who told McCain to pick her (he wanted Lieberman) so if she's discredited then it makes them look stupid(er).
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

  4. #574
    Gold Member ymeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    ^I doubt any doctor would do that. The baby may need extra treatment depending upon how far along it is. I have a feeling that the baby isn't due until February.

    The scary thing is the doctor that she is in bed with might. The one that she appoints to all the boards, that she flew past two major cities with state of the art facilities to have deliver her kid after her 'water broke'. The one that wrote her that note about how her health is good when she refused to release her medical records. That one.

  5. #575
    Elite Member Fluffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,600

    Default

    ^Cathy Baldwin-Johnson? It's never been confirmed that she delivered Trig in the first place. CBJ seems to be avoiding this situation like the plague. The medical statement she released a month ago on Palin's behalf was very lawyerly. CBJ doesn't sound like a lackey but more like someone who's trying to keep her involvement to a minimum. That doesn't sound like someone who will do anything Palin says.

    Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I mean from a public relations point of view. Whether people love or loathe Palin it was the GOP mandarins who told McCain to pick her (he wanted Lieberman) so if she's discredited then it makes them look stupid(er).
    That's only a couple of people who convinced McCain of that decision. I think you're underestimating other people in the GOP who would love to see her eviscerated because 1) they had nothing to do with her nomination (Gingrich, Jindal, Romney, Huckabee, etc.) and 2) getting her out of the way makes it easier for them to get the spotlight for themselves down the road.

  6. #576
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,807

    Default re

    That's only a couple of people who convinced McCain of that decision. I think you're underestimating other people in the GOP who would love to see her eviscerated because 1) they had nothing to do with her nomination (Gingrich, Jindal, Romney, Huckabee, etc.) and 2) getting her out of the way makes it easier for them to get the spotlight for themselves down the road.
    Agree, and I still believe the best course is for the Dems to let the GOP opponents of Palin do the dirty work on this issue. It has the potentially to make those who pursue it look mean-spirited or fanatical, so let that fall on the Republitards.

  7. #577
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    31,884

    Default

    YOu also have to remember that she was a laughing stock, more or less. at the recent repug gov convention. She's got a bit of the ugly red headed stepchild thing going on as far as the repugs are concerned.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

  8. #578
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,186

    Default

    I have an idea as to why Sarah waited so long to announce "her" pregnancy. Bristol wouldn't have started to show until late fall and it would've been easy to hide her pregnancy from her family for a while with heavy clothes and such. I think either Bristol got caught or got so big she couldn't hide it anymore and it was early spring when Sarah found out. Then she decided to start in with the hanging scarves and whatnot to make herself appear bigger. When people were still talking about how Sarah didn't look pregnant, she had to up the stakes and actually wear a fake belly the last couple of weeks.

    I think there is a good chance that the reason she didn't look pregnant on the plane is because she took the fake belly off. She was not in the national spotlight yet and had no reason to think that months later people would be interviewing flight attendants. She was just flying home to Alaska because her daughter was in labor. I believe her daughter delivered at home with Sarah's personal physician attending, and the baby was taken to the hospital when they realized something was "wrong" with him. The nearest hospital to Wasilla happened to be the Mat-su hospital. All of these circumstances complicated Sarah's story because she had to explain why she "delivered" at Mat-su. I believe her original intention was to tell people that she flew home to Alaska and gave birth at home.

    I also think that Sarah did not expect a Down's baby. There would've been no reason to test Bristol for that. Either that or I think she lied about the Down's for sympathy. The reason I think this is because if this is truly a special needs baby, I see no evidence of anything the family has done to accomodate that. They're just dragging him around the campaign trail like nothing's wrong. Wouldn't he need special care?

  9. #579
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    34,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Part of the evidence is going to be Bristol's 2nd baby. The due date is allegedly Dec 18th, which means the baby has to be born by Christmas. When that baby isn't born on it's publicly announced schedule, the whole state of Alaska is going to be on Bristol watch. Palin is a woman who's lied and lied when it suited her needs. It's going to come back and bite her in the ass this time.

    You say there's no "hardcore evidence." Well then, if Bristol wasn't pregnant last spring, then why didn't Palin arrange a photo op of a NON-pregnant Bristol and her pregnant self shopping for baby clothes AFTER she announced she was pregnant with her 5th child to dispel rumors of Bristol being pregnant? Because if there are rumors swirling that Bristol was pregnant at the time enough for her to tell a local TV anchor, who later became part of her staff, that Bristol wasn't pregnant, then clearly there's an easier way to dispel the rumors other than to ignore them.
    Yes, I said there is no hardcore evidence. Correct? No medical evidence. No personal testimony from witnesses. Not even an unnamed source. Nothing.

    Why would Palin schedule a photo op? Is she obligated to do that? Who's to say that she took the rumors, which you consider plausible, seriously enough to go out and do this? Clearly, they had little to no effect on the viability of the McCain-Palin ticket anyway.

  10. #580
    Elite Member nana55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario
    Posts
    4,084

    Default

    Trig is certainly downs. I've seen pictures and you can tell. As to special care, I don't think so. They are usually quite healthy as babies. In the "olden" days most people didn't realize their baby had Down's for quite awhile.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

  11. #581
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,796

    Default

    The baby could be born at 36 weeks through induction little intervention needed, and they could claim she was 42 how can anyone proove she wasnt? Then everyone thinks she can't be Trig's mom.

  12. #582
    Elite Member MontanaMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Evading P6 & P7
    Posts
    14,157

    Default

    I keep reading posts that say that Plain wasn't on the national stage when this all happened and didn't know that Bristol would get knocked up (again) so how would she have known to put all this in motion and in place. This has really bugged me. She was, at all times of this story, the GOVERNOR of one of 50 States who ran on a bible thumping platform with a HUGE abstinance component. She had face to save in Alaska with a pregnant daughter.

  13. #583
    Elite Member Fluffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maryk View Post
    The baby could be born at 36 weeks through induction little intervention needed, and they could claim she was 42 how can anyone proove she wasnt? Then everyone thinks she can't be Trig's mom.
    Yeah, but is Bristol even close to 36 weeks?

    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Yes, I said there is no hardcore evidence. Correct? No medical evidence. No personal testimony from witnesses. Not even an unnamed source. Nothing.
    Since Palin didn't release her medical records, there is no "hardcore evidence." No one can release Bristol or Palin's medical records without authorization. Anyone who did would face a lawsuit and any doctor who spoke about either's medical records would lose their license. Same for any nurse or medical technician. They would never be able to work in their profession again since they cannot keep their patients' medical history private/confidential. Same reason no doctor in Alaska has gone on record as saying, "I was at the birth of Trig Palin. His biological mother is Sarah Palin."

    There's a shitload of circumstantial evidence to support Bristol being the mother, not Sarah. If there was only one piece instead of the whole stack, then I'd say this is far fetched. Except the all of the evidence, no matter how circumstantial, outweighs the lack of verification that Sarah Palin has released to back up her claim that Trig is her child.

    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Why would Palin schedule a photo op? Is she obligated to do that? Who's to say that she took the rumors, which you consider plausible, seriously enough to go out and do this? Clearly, they had little to no effect on the viability of the McCain-Palin ticket anyway.
    "Why would Palin schedule a photo op? Is she obligated to do that?" Was Palin obligated to tell a local TV anchor that the rumors saying Bristol were pregnant this spring were false and then tell him that she was pregnant before she made her public announcement?
    (September 22, 2008) Today, following some links, I ran across an article from Anchorage Daily News which give some new - and rather significant - info about the pregnancy rumors in Alaska. First, and MOST significant, is that this article confirms that Sarah Palin was aware of the rumors that Bristol was pregnant last winter. No date is given, however, according to Bill McAllister, who is now Palin's "in state spokesman," before HER pregnancy was announced (so, BEFORE early March 2008) and while he was still a reporter for an Anchorage TV station, Gov. Palin approached HIM, to ask him if he'd heard rumors that Bristol was pregnant and to "assure him" that it was not true.
    Why would Palin not inform her own parents that she was pregnant with child #5 until days before she made her public announcement? Why were members of Palin's staff "shocked" when she announced her pregnancy at 7 months in March? C'mon! Anytime any of my female coworkers of birthing age called in sick because they were nauseated, the joking would begin that maybe she was pregnant. Palin announced she was preganant toward the latter half of the legislative session in Alaska in Juneau. Her own staff would not have been shocked at the announcement if she had regular prenatal appointments; something that a woman at 44 years of age would definitely be having since she is a high-risk pregnancy.

  14. #584
    A*O
    A*O is offline
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! A*O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Being Paula
    Posts
    31,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    I also think that Sarah did not expect a Down's baby. There would've been no reason to test Bristol for that. Either that or I think she lied about the Down's for sympathy. The reason I think this is because if this is truly a special needs baby, I see no evidence of anything the family has done to accomodate that. They're just dragging him around the campaign trail like nothing's wrong. Wouldn't he need special care?

    Not necessarily. DS is mainly causes intellectual impairment to a greater or lesser extent along with a few physical characteristics (large tongue, slanted eyes) we are all familiar with. There's no real reason why these babies need any more special care than any others.

    It's true this is all speculation and circumstantial evidence but there's an awful lot more of it that makes sense than the mysterious absence of ANY documentary or verifiable evidence whatsoever.

    Wouldn't you think that if Sarah Palin is indeed Trig's mother she would be happy to provide the necessary proof to stop the speculation and rumours which can only be damaging to her long term ambitions.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

  15. #585
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,807

    Default Re

    The only thing that has ever made me suspicious is why anyone, much less a high-risk mom giving birth to a child known to have a medical condition, would get on a long flight after her water broke. By the way, DS children have an increased risk of congenital heart defects--what if she had given birth on the airplane and the baby had needed neonatal support of some kind? Not to mention the fact that labor tends to get shorter with subsequent deliveries--by child #5 she could expect to be popping them out.

    Water breaking signals the beginning of labor--to get on a plane then is just retarded. That part of the story stinks like week-old fish.

    But...If it was Bristol's baby, why on earth would she let her daughter remain in a relationship with the boyfriend without getting her on the pill or getting them hitched? Palin has stated that she while she opposes abortion she has no problem with contraception. If she was so embarrassed by Bristol's alleged earlier pregnancy, you'd think she would have her on the pill or locked up somewhere.

    So, you know, it's interesting and "fun" to speculate about, but if it's true, we'll never know unless someone decides to blab. And if she is caught in her lie, all she ever has to say is that she was lying to protect her daughter. Most people won't care. Even the fundies. Hell, their kids are probably getting knocked up right and left.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Sarah Palin ethics investigation
    By Fluffy in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: September 7th, 2008, 01:00 PM
  2. The real Sarah Palin trap!!
    By *DIVA! in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: September 1st, 2008, 11:52 AM
  3. Sarah Palin: It's worse than you think
    By Sasha in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: August 31st, 2008, 05:07 PM
  4. Sarah Palin unlikely to woo Hillary Clinton supporters
    By NicoleWasHere in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: August 30th, 2008, 02:30 PM
  5. The pros and cons of Sarah Palin
    By NicoleWasHere in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 30th, 2008, 01:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •