Page 38 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
Results 556 to 570 of 1114
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: *Rumors and Speculation* Did Sarah Palin fake her last pregnancy?

  1. #556
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    33,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Assuming Bristol is Trig's mother then her first pregnancy, erm "mono" happened before anyone outside Alaska had ever heard of Sarah Palin. Like many grandmas in this situation she decided to save her daughter's "reputation" by claiming Trig was her own child. The only reason this deception became a potential problem was when Sarah Palin was plucked from total obscurity and into the world spotlight when her private and family life suddenly came under the media microscope. She claimed to be Trig's mother BEFORE she was selected for the VP ticket and once the lie was out there it had to be preserved at all costs.
    While it's a fascinating what-if kind of scenario, the only problem is that there is utterly no hardcore evidence to back it up.

    It kind of reminds me of all the theorizing on how Obama is ineligible for the presidency.

  2. #557
    A*O
    A*O is offline
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! A*O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Being Paula
    Posts
    31,675

    Default

    Oh I think the evidence exists - we just haven't seen it yet and if Sarah Palin has ambitions for 2012 then she's going to make damn sure nobody squeals.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

  3. #558
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    33,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Oh I think the evidence exists - we just haven't seen it yet and if Sarah Palin has ambitions for 2012 then she's going to make damn sure nobody squeals.
    I'm not wild about that rationale, because you could claim that the evidence for just about anything is out there and just hasn't been revealed - whether it's God, a parallel dimension, Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, whatever. I'm not saying that to be disrespectful to you, A*O, just that as the basis for an argument, it allows you to go just about anywhere.

    If there were evidence, I think we would have seen it between 4 and 8 weeks ago, when it really mattered. Obviously, there were reporters all over Wasilla, going through everything they could find on Palin. And that's when someone providing evidence of this coverup would have gotten top dollar. Not to mention a reporter finding evidence would have gotten a Pultizer.

  4. #559
    Elite Member Fluffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    While it's a fascinating what-if kind of scenario, the only problem is that there is utterly no hardcore evidence to back it up.

    It kind of reminds me of all the theorizing on how Obama is ineligible for the presidency.
    Part of the evidence is going to be Bristol's 2nd baby. The due date is allegedly Dec 18th, which means the baby has to be born by Christmas. When that baby isn't born on it's publicly announced schedule, the whole state of Alaska is going to be on Bristol watch. Palin is a woman who's lied and lied when it suited her needs. It's going to come back and bite her in the ass this time.

    You say there's no "hardcore evidence." Well then, if Bristol wasn't pregnant last spring, then why didn't Palin arrange a photo op of a NON-pregnant Bristol and her pregnant self shopping for baby clothes AFTER she announced she was pregnant with her 5th child to dispel rumors of Bristol being pregnant? Because if there are rumors swirling that Bristol was pregnant at the time enough for her to tell a local TV anchor, who later became part of her staff, that Bristol wasn't pregnant, then clearly there's an easier way to dispel the rumors other than to ignore them.

    I'm thinking the National Enquirer will be preparing an issue on this in January after Bristol doesn't have her baby by Christmas. And the Anchorage Daily News will probably go ahead with the article that they had a reporter researching this past summer before she was named VP nominee. Many Alaskans have commented how Sarah Palin was treated by kid gloves by the Alaska press during her campaign for governor and before she was named VP nominee. The Alaskan press is not doing that now. After everything that's been reported in the media, her honeymoon period is over. Her luck is going to go through the washing machine next year.

    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I'm not wild about that rationale, because you could claim that the evidence for just about anything is out there and just hasn't been revealed - whether it's God, a parallel dimension, Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, whatever. I'm not saying that to be disrespectful to you, A*O, just that as the basis for an argument, it allows you to go just about anywhere.

    If there were evidence, I think we would have seen it between 4 and 8 weeks ago, when it really mattered. Obviously, there were reporters all over Wasilla, going through everything they could find on Palin. And that's when someone providing evidence of this coverup would have gotten top dollar. Not to mention a reporter finding evidence would have gotten a Pultizer.
    The best explanation I've seen for this is here:
    SECOND LIE: Reporters could have disproved this easily if they'd done their homework.

    Reality: This is the funniest thing I have ever heard. Seriously.

    How, pray tell? How in the name of God was anyone supposed to get any information about this question, in the face of no medical records, no concrete statement from hospital or physician-in-attendance, and the position of the campaign that "Bristol-is-five-months-pregnant-and-families-are-off-limits?"

    So why bring it up? Why mention something in at least two interviews that NO ONE had asked about? Here's Audrey's dish on it. Gov. Palin is aware that all of the main stream media's demands for her medical records were back door and thinly-veiled requests for info about the birth. No one (I don't believe) seriously thought she had breast cancer, or multiple sclerosis, or the heartbreak of psoriasis or anything significant that would have impacted her ability (health wise) to serve as vice president. The MSM, en masse, backed off from the Trig story on September 1; I believe that most outlets felt they did not have a choice. With the one exception of Andrew Sullivan at the Atlantic, no national media figure has stayed on the story.

    But skepticism remained. It's why I've said all along that I doubted that anything "weird" could or would happen to Bristol's alleged pregnancy (Ooops, she had a miscarriage... Goodness, did we forget to mention that?); the scrutiny, while quiet, was simply too high. The failure to produce the records allowed those who were already suspicious to pursue the question in an acceptable context ("We're not asking about the birth... we just want the medical records."); the failure to produce the records caused those who were NOT suspicious before to become so. Bottom line, now EVERYONE is suspicious, and because of this, she's got to talk about it. She's GOT to make an attempt to get her spin out there.

    Why? This is complete speculation... I am stating that up front. But since this is my blog, I can speculate if I feel like it. So... why? Because I believe that Bristol Palin is NOT going to produce a baby by Christmas. The story that Bristol was five months pregnant seemed like a good one (translation: they couldn't think of anything else to do) on September 1; now, on November 11th, it's gotten a lot more sketchy. And when Bristol's biology doesn't comply, Gov. Palin's career is in the toilet. Permanently .
    Last edited by Fluffy; December 5th, 2008 at 04:30 PM. Reason: combined posts

  5. #560
    A*O
    A*O is offline
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! A*O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Being Paula
    Posts
    31,675

    Default

    It's hard to prove a negative. Therefore if Sarah Palin did NOT give birth there are no records to prove it. I'd be more interested in seeing Bristol Palin's records over the last year or so, including proof that she needed to effectively disappear for several months with "mono" around the time Trig was in utero and later born.

    Hey, this "conspiracy" isn't going to change the world - thank God. But it is fun to speculate, especially when the evidence that something's not right about the whole story is so compelliing.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

  6. #561
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,807

    Default Re

    Okay, let's say they proved that Trig was Bristol's, and that Sarah was covering for her...In the scheme of things, how big a scandal do you think this would be?

    It's hard for me to be objective because I despise her anyway, but I wonder how much it would matter to someone who is neutral or to one of her supporters. What do you think?

  7. #562
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Even if it turned out that Palin was lying to cover up for Bristol, hardcore conservatives would still love her. They would just see it as Palin showing her devotion to being a pro-lifer and protecting her daughter's reputation like a 'good Christian' would do.

  8. #563
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Even if it turned out that Palin was lying to cover up for Bristol, hardcore conservatives would still love her. They would just see it as Palin showing her devotion to being a pro-lifer and protecting her daughter's reputation like a 'good Christian' would do.
    Really. This is a lost cause.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  9. #564
    Elite Member Serendipity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Round the bend
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    The thing is, we at least know Trig is either Sarah's or Bristol's child. So there has to be records somewhere and no one is talking or proving one way or another which is unusual. This is all very odd. My gut feeling is that Trig is Bristol's. Like everyone else I'll be waiting to see when this new child is born. Might shed a bit of light.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

  10. #565
    Elite Member Fluffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    Okay, let's say they proved that Trig was Bristol's, and that Sarah was covering for her...In the scheme of things, how big a scandal do you think this would be?
    It'd be huge in Alaska. It would/will effectively kill her career. She ran on a transparent government platform for governor because Governor Murkowski was "corrupt." She hasn't followed through on those promises. She didn't follow through on her promise to cooperate with the Troopergate investigation. Her pipeline proposal that she touted all through the election is going nowhere and will cost Alaskan taxpayers $500 million because of it. Since she has no real accomplishments that Alaskan's would appreciate or re-elect her on, then it will come down to her "character." And she'll have none since she basically lied on a national platform about a baby that was never hers. Grandkid, yes. Her own child, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    It's hard for me to be objective because I despise her anyway, but I wonder how much it would matter to someone who is neutral or to one of her supporters. What do you think?
    Those die-hards are dumb asses anyway. They're a small portion of the electorate. Palin's reputation will be shot to hell next year once this comes out. No one but the die-hards will be supporting her.

  11. #566
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    31,884

    Default

    Just found this on youtube and it's kind of hokey but does contain a few interesting points on this whole thing, including a picture of Palin during her first pregnancy. She looks like an ocean liner in it so if she looked like that during her first I'd be surprised if she didn't during later pregnancies.

    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEQdYdCfl60&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

  12. #567
    A*O
    A*O is offline
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! A*O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Being Paula
    Posts
    31,675

    Default

    If this is a lie and it's busted wide open then it will sink Sarah Palin's credibility forever, probably cost her the job and the GOP will be absolutely furious at being exposed for picking the wrong person for VP in the first place. They may have lost the election but they are still VERY powerful and if there is indeed a coverup they will do everything they can to make sure it stays that way.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

  13. #568
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    31,884

    Default

    I'm just reading around the net right now and some fun rumours is that Track is Gay, track is a junkie...it's funny as hell if a bit mean.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

  14. #569
    Elite Member Fluffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    If this is a lie and it's busted wide open then it will sink Sarah Palin's credibility forever, probably cost her the job and the GOP will be absolutely furious at being exposed for picking the wrong person for VP in the first place. They may have lost the election but they are still VERY powerful and if there is indeed a coverup they will do everything they can to make sure it stays that way.
    Which part of the GOP would that be? The social conservatives who are in love with Palin? Or the moderates/fiscal conservatives who see her as a drag on the party?

  15. #570
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Really. This is a lost cause.
    But the one bright spot is that it'll destroy Palin's career. Outside of the die-hard supporters she's seen as an idiot anyway. Knowing that she was trying to pass off a lie like this, while she was running for VP, should sink any chances she has in 2012.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Sarah Palin ethics investigation
    By Fluffy in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: September 7th, 2008, 01:00 PM
  2. The real Sarah Palin trap!!
    By *DIVA! in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: September 1st, 2008, 11:52 AM
  3. Sarah Palin: It's worse than you think
    By Sasha in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: August 31st, 2008, 05:07 PM
  4. Sarah Palin unlikely to woo Hillary Clinton supporters
    By NicoleWasHere in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: August 30th, 2008, 02:30 PM
  5. The pros and cons of Sarah Palin
    By NicoleWasHere in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 30th, 2008, 01:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •