Page 33 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: *Rumors and Speculation* Did Sarah Palin fake her last pregnancy?

well educate me fluffy, cuz i have never heard the mccain campaign say she is qualified cuz she is a mother. they try to brag about her reform in alaska. but show me where i am wrong.

i do believe that there are a few crazies who think sarah should get in cuz she's a mother. and there are a few crazies who think obama should get in cuz it's time we had a black man in office. instead of focusing on the crazies, whose minds you probably are never going to even touch, why not focus on the middle of the road people?

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    well educate me fluffy, cuz i have never heard the mccain campaign say she is qualified cuz she is a mother. they try to brag about her reform in alaska. but show me where i am wrong.
    I have heard Tucker Bounds say it. Don't know where to find it, but I have heard him say it.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Dexter, why do you keep comparing Obama's race with Palin's gender. People make fun of men all the time. There are stereotypes about men getting lost, sports etc. No one complains about that. So we knock each others gender big deal. Race is NOT the same.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    Dexter, why do you keep comparing Obama's race with Palin's gender. People make fun of men all the time. There are stereotypes about men getting lost, sports etc. No one complains about that. So we knock each others gender big deal. Race is NOT the same.
    i keep comparing it cuz it keeps coming up when referencing sarah. slam on her character, not her gender. how has anyone slammed on obama's or mccain's manhood? yeah, there are stereotypes, but i don't think they should have a place when it comes to discussing who is a better qualified politician (or business person, or doctor, or anything else career related.)

Saying "Palin is Bush with a bush" isn't making fun of her bush (and womanhood), it's making fun of her policies and behavior. It's saying she's just like Bush, the difference being she's a woman.

Think if someone said "Obama is Bush but black" it wouldn't be insulting black people, likewise it would be saying that Obama is just like Bush, the difference being he's black.

But nice try making the conversation about sexism accusations rather than Palin's absolute lack of qualifications and horrendous policies.

Palin's own policies are more sexist and can do more damage to women than anything written here.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    Saying "Palin is Bush with a bush" isn't making fun of her bush (and womanhood), it's making fun of her policies and behavior. It's saying she's just like Bush, the difference being she's a woman.

Think if someone said "Obama is Bush but black" it wouldn't be insulting black people, likewise it would be saying that Obama is just like Bush, the difference being he's black.

But nice try making the conversation about sexism accusations rather than Palin's absolute lack of qualifications and horrendous policies.

lurker, i only bring it up when people fail to attack her because of her qualifications, and make it about her gender. and bush is a sexual, deregatorily meant term, don't try to make it something it isn't. how about "obama is bush but a N*****". that's not okay is it? neither is bush an okay word to be interchanged with woman.

I have to disagree since Bush means her female parts. I see no reason to make this sexualized when she has given us so many other reasons to not want her in office. To lower it to this crass level and sexualize it demeans all women and takes the focus off the real issues.

This example cannot be compared. It is not about his gender or meant to put him down based on his gender.

thank you sluce for your answers that go beyond any hatred you hold for the woman.

i do think race and gender can be compared, or at least my question is, why is it okay to be sexist but not racist? but i think your opinion (sluce) might be that it is not okay for either one. which is how i feel.

I believe there is no place for racism or sexism in the election process. Sadly both camps will do all they can to keep these issues alive hoping it will keep us from focusing too much on the real issues facing our country.

Why is it that when someone points out that she's a liar, a religious nut (creationism), and a hypocrite, it's suddenly "hatred" for a woman.

I don't hate HER, because frankly I've never met her. I just hate what she does, what she stands for, what she says, and how she thinks.

In my mind, she seems like a terrible person.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I think it's ironic that a sexist is being defended against sexism. I can't decide if it's noble or not.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Funny pic

I don't necessarily take offense to the term 'bush.' I agree that she has given us many reasons not to vote for her ticket.

When the quote is expressly comparing her to Bush, it doesn't take the focus of the issues, it focuses the light right on the issues -- her stance on the issues aligns with Bush.

Also, the hypothetical Obama version of the quote, I didn't say it was putting him down for gender, I was showing how the structure of the quote is intended to insult the person by equating them with Dubya Bush, not by saying they are female or black.

In other words, being a woman is fine, being like Bush is not. Being black is fine, being like Bush is not.

If anything, it's a quote about a WOLF IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING (though I can understand why people would be sensitive about the word "bush.")

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    i keep comparing it cuz it keeps coming up when referencing sarah. slam on her character, not her gender. how has anyone slammed on obama's or mccain's manhood? yeah, there are stereotypes, but i don't think they should have a place when it comes to discussing who is a better qualified politician (or business person, or doctor, or anything else career related.)
    You're right, gender or race shouldn't be an issue when discussing somebody's qualifications. But with that noted, why does McCain accuse everybody of being sexist toward Palin when they question her qualifications or ask her any tough questions? Just as racism and sexism shouldn't be used to disparage a candidate they shouldn't be used as an excuse to avoid questioning a candidate's credentials.

^^ Agree 100%. But as I stated previously, they will keep using racism and sexism to keep us from focusing too much on the real issues they do not want to discuss.

Thread Information