Page 32 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
Results 466 to 480 of 1114
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: *Rumors and Speculation* Did Sarah Palin fake her last pregnancy?

  1. #466
    Silver Member FriendOrFoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    excuse me, but perhaps you don't know me very well nicole. i would not be ripping anyone to shreds. and yes she is a female. obama is a black male. all i am asking you is why is it okay to rip her apart (or to shreds) while constantly referencing the fact that she is a female. can't you do it without being sexist?

    but again, i already know the answer. you can't stop. i am just trying to ask you, what is the difference between insulting sarah as a female, and insulting obama as a black man? because you know there is a difference. why is it okay for us to do that? can anyone answer?
    Unfortunately Dexter, I found out several threads ago that race is off limits but sexism does not exist. It is just a figment of women's imagination. We should be happy that in the past (when we had no rights) we were treated like precious dolls - and we loved it!!! We didn't know how good we had it!!

  2. #467
    Elite Member dexter7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,784

    Default

    thanks for replying FriendOrFoe. i'm glad i am not the only person that has noticed a double standard.

  3. #468
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,359

    Default

    Any of you think that maybe it's because she's a stupid, lying woman?

    The fact that she has a vagina is secondary
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  4. #469
    Elite Member dexter7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,784

    Default

    why does she have to be a stupid, lying woman? can't she just be a stupid, lying person? the fact that she is a woman doesn't seem secondary when references to her female attributes are regularly pounced upon.

    i have no idea what would make a good comparison when talking negatively about obama. i don't think like that, and i don't frequent sites that do either. but if we talked about obama being "like clinton, but with a nappy head, (or a bigger penis, or a watermelon eater, or any other sort of black stereotype)" i don't think people would find it funny, or feel comfortable throwing comments like that around. so, why is it okay to do that to sarah? or hillary, or any other female politician?

  5. #470
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,359

    Default

    The fact that she makes her motherwood, her womanhood, and everything else a central platform makes it an open target.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  6. #471
    Elite Member dexter7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,784

    Default

    i don't agree with you on that. if anything, she seems to distance herself from typical female characteristics.....she likes to portray herself as a tough politician, a reformer, she's a hunter, and she's pro-life! she does not appeal to typical womanly interests: peace, the environment, healthcare for children, education, etc. so i don't agree with that. yes, she had made mention of her motherhood status, but no more then obama, with his 'people' magazine cover and article all about his family and his little girls, how his girls reject britney and paris, blah blah. sorry, i think you are wrong on that.

  7. #472
    Elite Member Rica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,307

    Default

    as a woman i will say,
    sarah palin is an ignorant, lying woman.

  8. #473
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    why does she have to be a stupid, lying woman? can't she just be a stupid, lying person? the fact that she is a woman doesn't seem secondary when references to her female attributes are regularly pounced upon.
    This seems to be splitting hairs IMO.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  9. #474
    Elite Member NicoleWasHere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    kcmo
    Posts
    14,469

    Default

    Palin isn't just a person, you know. Also as a fellow woman, I can say that Palin is a crass, smarmy, big mouthed bitch, who is Bush with a bush. So there.

  10. #475
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,180

    Default

    And as a fellow woman, I can smell her type all the way to Alaska. She's a backstabbing bitch and a wolf in sheep's clothing. She's the type of girl who in high school would've pretended to be friends with you just so you'd help her study, but then talk shit about you to all the other girls. She's passive-aggressive as hell.

  11. #476
    Elite Member Fluffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    i don't agree with you on that. if anything, she seems to distance herself from typical female characteristics.....she likes to portray herself as a tough politician, a reformer, she's a hunter, and she's pro-life! she does not appeal to typical womanly interests: peace, the environment, healthcare for children, education, etc. so i don't agree with that. yes, she had made mention of her motherhood status, but no more then obama, with his 'people' magazine cover and article all about his family and his little girls, how his girls reject britney and paris, blah blah. sorry, i think you are wrong on that.
    And yet I've heard of tons of women who are going to vote for her because she's a mother. There are people who are actually using that as one of her qualifications for office--because she's a mother of 5 children she can run the federal government.

  12. #477
    Elite Member ManxMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lemuria
    Posts
    7,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    And yet I've heard of tons of women who are going to vote for her because she's a mother. There are people who are actually using that as one of her qualifications for office--because she's a mother of 5 children she can run the federal government.
    Yes, this is true -- I've seen the direct quotes myself-- and it is unfathomably ignorant. This is WHY she was chosen so how is that not sexist? I would also add that having a bush isn't a stereotype like eating watermelon, nappy head, etc. Women having a bush just IS.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

  13. #478
    Elite Member dexter7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,784

    Default

    well, being a woman certainly doesn't give any of you more of a right to call her a name then if you were a man. just like people of any race can be racist towards members of their own race.

    as a woman, i think it's extremely sad that you have to resort to sexist name calling to get your point across, whatever happened to intelligent debate? many of you post in the political section as if you wish to honestly discuss issues, but instead turn to name calling and snide remarks, which get you nothing but high fives from other people who think just like you. some people aren't ball and chained to any particular party (like me), and use vehicles such as forums to learn more about candidates. you do nothing to encourage people to see things your way when you act like name calling children, and sure, maybe i am giving some of you too much credit, perhaps you don't care to have anyone see things your way, you're just spewing to spew. i just really wanted someone to explain to me why they think it is okay to attack sarah in a way that they would never attack obama (sexual vs. racial). the answer???? cuz you think she is a liar, or because you think cuz you are a woman you get a free pass and can get away with it.

  14. #479
    Elite Member dexter7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    And yet I've heard of tons of women who are going to vote for her because she's a mother. There are people who are actually using that as one of her qualifications for office--because she's a mother of 5 children she can run the federal government.
    and how is that different then many of the black people who are going to vote for obama because he is black? i am in no way saying that is why the majority of black people are going to vote for him, but some of them are. just like some woman are going to selectively vote for sarah cuz she is a mother. not the smartest reason for anyone to vote for a candidate, but it is a fact that it is on BOTH sides.

  15. #480
    Elite Member Fluffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    well, being a woman certainly doesn't give any of you more of a right to call her a name then if you were a man. just like people of any race can be racist towards members of their own race.

    as a woman, i think it's extremely sad that you have to resort to sexist name calling to get your point across, whatever happened to intelligent debate? many of you post in the political section as if you wish to honestly discuss issues, but instead turn to name calling and snide remarks, which get you nothing but high fives from other people who think just like you. some people aren't ball and chained to any particular party (like me), and use vehicles such as forums to learn more about candidates. you do nothing to encourage people to see things your way when you act like name calling children, and sure, maybe i am giving some of you too much credit, perhaps you don't care to have anyone see things your way, you're just spewing to spew. i just really wanted someone to explain to me why they think it is okay to attack sarah in a way that they would never attack obama (sexual vs. racial). the answer???? cuz you think she is a liar, or because you think cuz you are a woman you get a free pass and can get away with it.
    No, because there are people who truly believe she is qualified because 1) she is a woman and 2) she is a mother of 5 and I've heard as much from the McCain campaign. I don't think I've ever heard Obama or the Obama campaign say that because he was a black man he can run the country better solely because he is a black man! Yet, attack Palin's lack of experience or ability to handle the press and Tucker Bounds of McCain's campaign will start harping on people that they're being sexist even though they derided Hilary Clinton about her claims of sexism earlier in the race.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Sarah Palin ethics investigation
    By Fluffy in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: September 7th, 2008, 01:00 PM
  2. The real Sarah Palin trap!!
    By *DIVA! in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: September 1st, 2008, 11:52 AM
  3. Sarah Palin: It's worse than you think
    By Sasha in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: August 31st, 2008, 05:07 PM
  4. Sarah Palin unlikely to woo Hillary Clinton supporters
    By NicoleWasHere in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: August 30th, 2008, 02:30 PM
  5. The pros and cons of Sarah Palin
    By NicoleWasHere in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 30th, 2008, 01:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •