Page 32 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: *Rumors and Speculation* Did Sarah Palin fake her last pregnancy?

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    excuse me, but perhaps you don't know me very well nicole. i would not be ripping anyone to shreds. and yes she is a female. obama is a black male. all i am asking you is why is it okay to rip her apart (or to shreds) while constantly referencing the fact that she is a female. can't you do it without being sexist?

but again, i already know the answer. you can't stop. i am just trying to ask you, what is the difference between insulting sarah as a female, and insulting obama as a black man? because you know there is a difference. why is it okay for us to do that? can anyone answer?
    Unfortunately Dexter, I found out several threads ago that race is off limits but sexism does not exist. It is just a figment of women's imagination. We should be happy that in the past (when we had no rights) we were treated like precious dolls - and we loved it!!! We didn't know how good we had it!!

thanks for replying FriendOrFoe. i'm glad i am not the only person that has noticed a double standard.

Any of you think that maybe it's because she's a stupid, lying woman?

The fact that she has a vagina is secondary
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

why does she have to be a stupid, lying woman? can't she just be a stupid, lying person? the fact that she is a woman doesn't seem secondary when references to her female attributes are regularly pounced upon.

i have no idea what would make a good comparison when talking negatively about obama. i don't think like that, and i don't frequent sites that do either. but if we talked about obama being "like clinton, but with a nappy head, (or a bigger penis, or a watermelon eater, or any other sort of black stereotype)" i don't think people would find it funny, or feel comfortable throwing comments like that around. so, why is it okay to do that to sarah? or hillary, or any other female politician?

The fact that she makes her motherwood, her womanhood, and everything else a central platform makes it an open target.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

i don't agree with you on that. if anything, she seems to distance herself from typical female characteristics.....she likes to portray herself as a tough politician, a reformer, she's a hunter, and she's pro-life! she does not appeal to typical womanly interests: peace, the environment, healthcare for children, education, etc. so i don't agree with that. yes, she had made mention of her motherhood status, but no more then obama, with his 'people' magazine cover and article all about his family and his little girls, how his girls reject britney and paris, blah blah. sorry, i think you are wrong on that.

as a woman i will say,
    sarah palin is an ignorant, lying woman.

why does she have to be a stupid, lying woman? can't she just be a stupid, lying person? the fact that she is a woman doesn't seem secondary when references to her female attributes are regularly pounced upon.
    This seems to be splitting hairs IMO.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Palin isn't just a person, you know. Also as a fellow woman, I can say that Palin is a crass, smarmy, big mouthed bitch, who is Bush with a bush. So there.

Elite Member

And as a fellow woman, I can smell her type all the way to Alaska. She's a backstabbing bitch and a wolf in sheep's clothing. She's the type of girl who in high school would've pretended to be friends with you just so you'd help her study, but then talk shit about you to all the other girls. She's passive-aggressive as hell.

i don't agree with you on that. if anything, she seems to distance herself from typical female characteristics.....she likes to portray herself as a tough politician, a reformer, she's a hunter, and she's pro-life! she does not appeal to typical womanly interests: peace, the environment, healthcare for children, education, etc. so i don't agree with that. yes, she had made mention of her motherhood status, but no more then obama, with his 'people' magazine cover and article all about his family and his little girls, how his girls reject britney and paris, blah blah. sorry, i think you are wrong on that.
    And yet I've heard of tons of women who are going to vote for her because she's a mother. There are people who are actually using that as one of her qualifications for office--because she's a mother of 5 children she can run the federal government.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    And yet I've heard of tons of women who are going to vote for her because she's a mother. There are people who are actually using that as one of her qualifications for office--because she's a mother of 5 children she can run the federal government.
    Yes, this is true -- I've seen the direct quotes myself-- and it is unfathomably ignorant. This is WHY she was chosen so how is that not sexist? I would also add that having a bush isn't a stereotype like eating watermelon, nappy head, etc. Women having a bush just IS.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

well, being a woman certainly doesn't give any of you more of a right to call her a name then if you were a man. just like people of any race can be racist towards members of their own race.

as a woman, i think it's extremely sad that you have to resort to sexist name calling to get your point across, whatever happened to intelligent debate? many of you post in the political section as if you wish to honestly discuss issues, but instead turn to name calling and snide remarks, which get you nothing but high fives from other people who think just like you. some people aren't ball and chained to any particular party (like me), and use vehicles such as forums to learn more about candidates. you do nothing to encourage people to see things your way when you act like name calling children, and sure, maybe i am giving some of you too much credit, perhaps you don't care to have anyone see things your way, you're just spewing to spew. i just really wanted someone to explain to me why they think it is okay to attack sarah in a way that they would never attack obama (sexual vs. racial). the answer???? cuz you think she is a liar, or because you think cuz you are a woman you get a free pass and can get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    and how is that different then many of the black people who are going to vote for obama because he is black? i am in no way saying that is why the majority of black people are going to vote for him, but some of them are. just like some woman are going to selectively vote for sarah cuz she is a mother. not the smartest reason for anyone to vote for a candidate, but it is a fact that it is on BOTH sides.

well, being a woman certainly doesn't give any of you more of a right to call her a name then if you were a man. just like people of any race can be racist towards members of their own race.

as a woman, i think it's extremely sad that you have to resort to sexist name calling to get your point across, whatever happened to intelligent debate? many of you post in the political section as if you wish to honestly discuss issues, but instead turn to name calling and snide remarks, which get you nothing but high fives from other people who think just like you. some people aren't ball and chained to any particular party (like me), and use vehicles such as forums to learn more about candidates. you do nothing to encourage people to see things your way when you act like name calling children, and sure, maybe i am giving some of you too much credit, perhaps you don't care to have anyone see things your way, you're just spewing to spew. i just really wanted someone to explain to me why they think it is okay to attack sarah in a way that they would never attack obama (sexual vs. racial). the answer???? cuz you think she is a liar, or because you think cuz you are a woman you get a free pass and can get away with it.
    No, because there are people who truly believe she is qualified because 1) she is a woman and 2) she is a mother of 5 and I've heard as much from the McCain campaign. I don't think I've ever heard Obama or the Obama campaign say that because he was a black man he can run the country better solely because he is a black man! Yet, attack Palin's lack of experience or ability to handle the press and Tucker Bounds of McCain's campaign will start harping on people that they're being sexist even though they derided Hilary Clinton about her claims of sexism earlier in the race.

Thread Information