Page 31 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 465 of 1114
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: *Rumors and Speculation* Did Sarah Palin fake her last pregnancy?

  1. #451
    czb
    czb is offline
    Elite Member czb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    left coast
    Posts
    13,767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ymeman View Post
    You are wrong to suggest NT is equivalent to amnio, NT is one of several screening tests, amnio and chorionic villus are the ones that give an actual genetic confirmation of downs. That was the point of contention, not whether we agree. I understand 'normal' people sometimes have amnio done as a predictor (my sister just gave birth to a special needs child, but she chose NOT to have amnio done before the birth even though she is in the risk category BECAUSE of the risk of spontaneous abortion) but my point is Palin would not be one of them if she truly believed as she claims to about abortion. Taken by itself it's not much but together with all the other strange mistruths surrounding the birth of this kid it's making me grateful that I'm young enough that I might still be here one day when the truth comes out. Pathological liars like her (and John Edwards, sadly) fascinate me, people who think they are so on top of their game that they can say anything and it will be believed, because they are who they are.
    i never said that the NT was equivalent to amnio, please re-read my posts. what i did say that it was a good predictor of downs for people who choose not to do amnio. i know this because i read many academic articles (not distilled info from websites) when i had to decide what kinds of pre-natal testing i would do during my pregnancy. i know the rates of spontaneous abortion due to amnio and cvs and those rates are highly dependent on the skillset of the practitioner. i understand that the rates my perinatologist's quotes may not be true for all practioners primarily because he is among the best in the country but my point was that palin did not necessarily have either amnio or cvs. and like i said, there are other reasons not to like palin, and i don't agree with you that what degree of pre-natal testing she had done qualifies.

  2. #452
    Elite Member Penny Lane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Over the hills and far away
    Posts
    21,646

    Default

    Didn't know where to put this, but the Palin fantards have now turned to worthless memorabilia.


  3. #453
    A*O
    A*O is offline
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! A*O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Being Paula
    Posts
    30,427

    Default

    I'd go with the slogan "Puck You Palin!"
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

    Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

  4. #454
    Elite Member NicoleWasHere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    kcmo
    Posts
    14,473

    Default

    My favorite Palin slogan:

    SARAH PALIN: Bush with a Bush.

  5. #455
    Gold Member ymeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i never said that the NT was equivalent to amnio, please re-read my posts. what i did say that it was a good predictor of downs for people who choose not to do amnio. i know this because i read many academic articles (not distilled info from websites) when i had to decide what kinds of pre-natal testing i would do during my pregnancy. i know the rates of spontaneous abortion due to amnio and cvs and those rates are highly dependent on the skillset of the practitioner. i understand that the rates my perinatologist's quotes may not be true for all practioners primarily because he is among the best in the country but my point was that palin did not necessarily have either amnio or cvs. and like i said, there are other reasons not to like palin, and i don't agree with you that what degree of pre-natal testing she had done qualifies.
    this is becoming ridiculous, you just posted "NT/amnio" as if they are equivalent in your prior post. I never suggested that as a reason not to "like" Palin (juvenile much?) but that her direct statement that she had "genetic testing"(read: amnio or chorionic villus, not NT screening as you suggested) that "confirmed" Downs is yet one more example of her blatant hypocrisy with regard to her extreme anti-abortion stance because of the risk of harm to the fetus possible as a result of testing. If in fact she really did have any kind of testing whether screening or genetic and the whole scenario isn't based on yet another lie.

  6. #456
    Elite Member dexter7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    My favorite Palin slogan:

    SARAH PALIN: Bush with a Bush.
    again, i am confused as to how it is okay to make a statement that is derogatory about sarah while still identifying her as a female. if anyone were to make a dergatory remark about obama that included a reference to his brown skin, most everyone would rightly call racism and be offended. but many of us seem to think nothing of it when we do it to females. ????

  7. #457
    Elite Member NicoleWasHere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    kcmo
    Posts
    14,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    again, i am confused as to how it is okay to make a statement that is derogatory about sarah while still identifying her as a female. if anyone were to make a dergatory remark about obama that included a reference to his brown skin, most everyone would rightly call racism and be offended. but many of us seem to think nothing of it when we do it to females. ????

    LOL, are you serious? Should I call her 'Bush with a Dick', instead?

  8. #458
    Elite Member dexter7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    LOL, are you serious? Should I call her 'Bush with a Dick', instead?
    yes, i am serious. would you or would you not be offended if i called obama names that included some mockery of his racial identity? i am just trying to figure out if you realize you are being sexist, and are okay with that, or if you are honestly clueless about it.

  9. #459
    A*O
    A*O is offline
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! A*O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Being Paula
    Posts
    30,427

    Default

    I'm guessing that our GOP posters would find a slogan about Hillary saying "Bill with a bush" absolutely hilarious. Lighten up already.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

    Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

  10. #460
    Elite Member NicoleWasHere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    kcmo
    Posts
    14,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    yes, i am serious. would you or would you not be offended if i called obama names that included some mockery of his racial identity? i am just trying to figure out if you realize you are being sexist, and are okay with that, or if you are honestly clueless about it.

    Sexist? No. Sarcastic? Yes. Learn it, live by it.

  11. #461
    Elite Member dexter7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I'm guessing that our GOP posters would find a slogan about Hillary saying "Bill with a bush" absolutely hilarious. Lighten up already.
    thanks for the suggestion, but i guess you are just answering my question. it is acceptable to refer to a females sex when mocking her. so, sexism is more acceptable then racism. i don't need to lighten up. i can find all of the things said about sarah amusing. i just don't understand why we can't "go there" when talking about race. am i the only one that sees the hypocrisy?

    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    Sexist? No. Sarcastic? Yes. Learn it, live by it.
    how is it not sexist? are you not talking about her "bush"? is that not a female trait?

    and duh, of course it is sarcastic.

  12. #462
    Elite Member NicoleWasHere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    kcmo
    Posts
    14,473

    Default

    Palin is a politician who just happens to be female. She's fair game, it's time to stop playing nice. If she were a Democrat, all sorts of people who are throwing out the "OMG DON'T SAY THAT, THAT'S SEXIST!!!!@$#%113" deal would be tearing her to shreds. Don't say that you wouldn't, because you would.

    Get over it. Play time's long past over.

  13. #463
    Elite Member dexter7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,575

    Default

    excuse me, but perhaps you don't know me very well nicole. i would not be ripping anyone to shreds. and yes she is a female. obama is a black male. all i am asking you is why is it okay to rip her apart (or to shreds) while constantly referencing the fact that she is a female. can't you do it without being sexist?

    but again, i already know the answer. you can't stop. i am just trying to ask you, what is the difference between insulting sarah as a female, and insulting obama as a black man? because you know there is a difference. why is it okay for us to do that? can anyone answer?

  14. #464
    A*O
    A*O is offline
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! A*O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Being Paula
    Posts
    30,427

    Default

    We don't need to mock Palin for her gender. There are WAY more reasons why she's totally unqualified for the job of Veep. And SHE'S the one who plays the gender card - it's the only card she's got.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

    Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

  15. #465
    Elite Member dexter7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    We don't need to mock Palin for her gender. There are WAY more reasons why she's totally unqualified for the job of Veep. And SHE'S the one who plays the gender card - it's the only card she's got.
    great, you are absolutely right. we don't need to mock her for her gender. so why do we? that is my point.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Sarah Palin ethics investigation
    By Fluffy in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: September 7th, 2008, 01:00 PM
  2. The real Sarah Palin trap!!
    By *DIVA! in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: September 1st, 2008, 11:52 AM
  3. Sarah Palin: It's worse than you think
    By Sasha in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: August 31st, 2008, 05:07 PM
  4. Sarah Palin unlikely to woo Hillary Clinton supporters
    By NicoleWasHere in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: August 30th, 2008, 02:30 PM
  5. The pros and cons of Sarah Palin
    By NicoleWasHere in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 30th, 2008, 01:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •