Page 30 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 1114
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: *Rumors and Speculation* Did Sarah Palin fake her last pregnancy?

  1. #436
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Same clothes AND same corsage?
    Palin's a 'ride-or-die' chick, she doesn't have time to change clothes. She's got moose to shoot and bridges to kill.

  2. #437
    Elite Member AllieCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    4,212

    Default

    ^ don't forget chefs to fire, and planes to sell!

  3. #438
    Gold Member ymeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i guess the difference is that you are taking what palin says literally, i am not. not sure it matters though.

    Why wouldn't you take it literally? Did she 'mispeak' or did she put her fetus at risk for spontaneous abortion while she believes that no other woman should be able to have access to abortion, even if they are victims of rape or incest. I guess those people that call her out on her lies about the bridge to nowhere should take her so "literally" either. Or something.

  4. #439
    Elite Member lurkur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,351

    Default

    Miscarriage yet???

  5. #440
    Elite Member nana55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario
    Posts
    4,085

    Default

    O.K. I am in no way a Palin fan, but those pictures are obviously of the same event, her being sworn in. Even her husband has the same tie. Also let's not overthing the genetic testing. Taking a chance on a test is not the same as choosing an abortion. Don't try and split hairs. There are enough real things to be checking out, let's not use unimportant things.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

  6. #441
    czb
    czb is online now
    Elite Member czb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    left coast
    Posts
    13,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ymeman View Post
    Why wouldn't you take it literally? Did she 'mispeak' or did she put her fetus at risk for spontaneous abortion while she believes that no other woman should be able to have access to abortion, even if they are victims of rape or incest. I guess those people that call her out on her lies about the bridge to nowhere should take her so "literally" either. Or something.
    i didn't take her literally because most people don't really understand the differences amongst the tests, they just cite the results. and as i've stated before, the miscarriage risk associated with amnio is quite low, my perinatologist claims that his rate is >2x as low as the published rate. but i have bigger issues with sarah palin - whether or not she had genetic testing done isn't as important to me as the fact that she did not know what the bush doctrine was, for example.

  7. #442
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i didn't take her literally because most people don't really understand the differences amongst the tests, they just cite the results. and as i've stated before, the miscarriage risk associated with amnio is quite low, my perinatologist claims that his rate is >2x as low as the published rate. but i have bigger issues with sarah palin - whether or not she had genetic testing done isn't as important to me as the fact that she did not know what the bush doctrine was, for example.
    And like,such as that.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  8. #443
    Gold Member ymeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i didn't take her literally because most people don't really understand the differences amongst the tests, they just cite the results. and as i've stated before, the miscarriage risk associated with amnio is quite low, my perinatologist claims that his rate is >2x as low as the published rate. but i have bigger issues with sarah palin - whether or not she had genetic testing done isn't as important to me as the fact that she did not know what the bush doctrine was, for example.

    this is one of the first lies that hit the press about her and just about everything that has come out of her mouth since has been a lie, so there is a cumulative effect. You can't talk about a "low" abortion rate from genetic testing you take the risk of having when you are frothing at the mouth to make sure a 12 year old incest victim carries her father's child to term. It also establishes recklessness wrt the 8 hour flight she took knowing that her child (that genetic confirmation thing again) was special needs, might have something like a cleft palate that could cause a compromised airway and thus and such and there you go in the real world in which most of us live. I believe we've heard nothing but spin from this woman about the "Downs" baby from the beginning and it will be interesting to see whether the truth ever comes out. I think there is little difference between the reckless chance she supposedly took by getting on that plane with her last child and the reckless ignorance she possesses about a war that her oldest child is now deployed into, it ALL stems from the same root. I also think that people who think these issues are not 'big' may have to rethink if Roe is overturned and the fundies go after Griswold. I don't know why people don't 'get' how hypocritical it is to be so rabidly anti-abortion where other people are concerned but take one risk after another with your own fetus.

    Personally, I think the "Bush Doctrine" is right wing media spin. There never has been such a thing, it's something they made up post-Iraq debacle to make it look better than the pack of lies, so it's no wonder she didn't know wtf Gibson was talking about.

  9. #444
    Elite Member dexter7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,458

    Default

    ^^^you seem a little "rabid" to try and prove your point. everything a pregnant woman does cause a risk to her fetus. if she wears heels, if she doesn't take her vitamins, if she has a test to make sure the baby is healthy. you've already been told numerous times from other, more well informed posters about the extremely low risk for the fetus during these tests. i don't really have an answer for you, but you don't want one anyway. unfortunately, no matter how many times you reiterate your opinion, people don't seem to be agreeing with you. sorry, you'd have better luck if you went with the leaking amniotic fluid story. just my opinion.

  10. #445
    Gold Member ymeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,415

    Default

    um, I've been arguing with one poster who is, in fact, wrong. Palin said what she said about having had "genetic" testing done (which many women -80% if you believe the statistics- end up aborting the fetus after if it comes up for downs), and it's one more point in favor of calling her a hypocrit for her rabid anti-abortion stance. I provided a link above in case you'd like to educate yourself about who is more 'well-informed'.

  11. #446
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,132

    Default

    When is some investigative agency going to get on this and do a DNA test? There are sneaky ways of getting someone's DNA. They can get hers from a water glass. It would be harder to get the baby's, but not impossible.

  12. #447
    Elite Member NicoleWasHere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    kcmo
    Posts
    14,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    When is some investigative agency going to get on this and do a DNA test? There are sneaky ways of getting someone's DNA. They can get hers from a water glass. It would be harder to get the baby's, but not impossible.
    Not necessarily; babies do drool on everything, after all.

  13. #448
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    25,760

    Default

    Hell, just pull a soiled diaper out of the wastebin after his sister/mommy leaves the restroom.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  14. #449
    czb
    czb is online now
    Elite Member czb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    left coast
    Posts
    13,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ymeman View Post
    um, I've been arguing with one poster who is, in fact, wrong. Palin said what she said about having had "genetic" testing done (which many women -80% if you believe the statistics- end up aborting the fetus after if it comes up for downs), and it's one more point in favor of calling her a hypocrit for her rabid anti-abortion stance. I provided a link above in case you'd like to educate yourself about who is more 'well-informed'.
    um, i am not, in fact, wrong. i just don't agree with you. and as i said before, i just don't take what palin said literally. i know people who had NT/amnio done when they never intended on getting an abortion, they just wanted to know ahead of time if they were going to have a special needs baby. and as i've said before, there are other reasons not to like palin, i think this isn't such a big deal.

  15. #450
    Gold Member ymeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    um, i am not, in fact, wrong. i just don't agree with you. and as i said before, i just don't take what palin said literally. i know people who had NT/amnio done when they never intended on getting an abortion, they just wanted to know ahead of time if they were going to have a special needs baby. and as i've said before, there are other reasons not to like palin, i think this isn't such a big deal.

    You are wrong to suggest NT is equivalent to amnio, NT is one of several screening tests, amnio and chorionic villus are the ones that give an actual genetic confirmation of downs. That was the point of contention, not whether we agree. I understand 'normal' people sometimes have amnio done as a predictor (my sister just gave birth to a special needs child, but she chose NOT to have amnio done before the birth even though she is in the risk category BECAUSE of the risk of spontaneous abortion) but my point is Palin would not be one of them if she truly believed as she claims to about abortion. Taken by itself it's not much but together with all the other strange mistruths surrounding the birth of this kid it's making me grateful that I'm young enough that I might still be here one day when the truth comes out. Pathological liars like her (and John Edwards, sadly) fascinate me, people who think they are so on top of their game that they can say anything and it will be believed, because they are who they are.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Sarah Palin ethics investigation
    By Fluffy in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: September 7th, 2008, 01:00 PM
  2. The real Sarah Palin trap!!
    By *DIVA! in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: September 1st, 2008, 11:52 AM
  3. Sarah Palin: It's worse than you think
    By Sasha in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: August 31st, 2008, 05:07 PM
  4. Sarah Palin unlikely to woo Hillary Clinton supporters
    By NicoleWasHere in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: August 30th, 2008, 02:30 PM
  5. The pros and cons of Sarah Palin
    By NicoleWasHere in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 30th, 2008, 01:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •