Page 30 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: *Rumors and Speculation* Did Sarah Palin fake her last pregnancy?

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Same clothes AND same corsage?
    Palin's a 'ride-or-die' chick, she doesn't have time to change clothes. She's got moose to shoot and bridges to kill.

^ don't forget chefs to fire, and planes to sell!

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i guess the difference is that you are taking what palin says literally, i am not. not sure it matters though.

Why wouldn't you take it literally? Did she 'mispeak' or did she put her fetus at risk for spontaneous abortion while she believes that no other woman should be able to have access to abortion, even if they are victims of rape or incest. I guess those people that call her out on her lies about the bridge to nowhere should take her so "literally" either. Or something.

Miscarriage yet???

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

O.K. I am in no way a Palin fan, but those pictures are obviously of the same event, her being sworn in. Even her husband has the same tie. Also let's not overthing the genetic testing. Taking a chance on a test is not the same as choosing an abortion. Don't try and split hairs. There are enough real things to be checking out, let's not use unimportant things.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by ymeman View Post
    Why wouldn't you take it literally? Did she 'mispeak' or did she put her fetus at risk for spontaneous abortion while she believes that no other woman should be able to have access to abortion, even if they are victims of rape or incest. I guess those people that call her out on her lies about the bridge to nowhere should take her so "literally" either. Or something.
    i didn't take her literally because most people don't really understand the differences amongst the tests, they just cite the results. and as i've stated before, the miscarriage risk associated with amnio is quite low, my perinatologist claims that his rate is >2x as low as the published rate. but i have bigger issues with sarah palin - whether or not she had genetic testing done isn't as important to me as the fact that she did not know what the bush doctrine was, for example.

i didn't take her literally because most people don't really understand the differences amongst the tests, they just cite the results. and as i've stated before, the miscarriage risk associated with amnio is quite low, my perinatologist claims that his rate is >2x as low as the published rate. but i have bigger issues with sarah palin - whether or not she had genetic testing done isn't as important to me as the fact that she did not know what the bush doctrine was, for example.
    And like,such as that.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

this is one of the first lies that hit the press about her and just about everything that has come out of her mouth since has been a lie, so there is a cumulative effect. You can't talk about a "low" abortion rate from genetic testing you take the risk of having when you are frothing at the mouth to make sure a 12 year old incest victim carries her father's child to term. It also establishes recklessness wrt the 8 hour flight she took knowing that her child (that genetic confirmation thing again) was special needs, might have something like a cleft palate that could cause a compromised airway and thus and such and there you go in the real world in which most of us live. I believe we've heard nothing but spin from this woman about the "Downs" baby from the beginning and it will be interesting to see whether the truth ever comes out. I think there is little difference between the reckless chance she supposedly took by getting on that plane with her last child and the reckless ignorance she possesses about a war that her oldest child is now deployed into, it ALL stems from the same root. I also think that people who think these issues are not 'big' may have to rethink if Roe is overturned and the fundies go after Griswold. I don't know why people don't 'get' how hypocritical it is to be so rabidly anti-abortion where other people are concerned but take one risk after another with your own fetus.

Personally, I think the "Bush Doctrine" is right wing media spin. There never has been such a thing, it's something they made up post-Iraq debacle to make it look better than the pack of lies, so it's no wonder she didn't know wtf Gibson was talking about.

^^^you seem a little "rabid" to try and prove your point. everything a pregnant woman does cause a risk to her fetus. if she wears heels, if she doesn't take her vitamins, if she has a test to make sure the baby is healthy. you've already been told numerous times from other, more well informed posters about the extremely low risk for the fetus during these tests. i don't really have an answer for you, but you don't want one anyway. unfortunately, no matter how many times you reiterate your opinion, people don't seem to be agreeing with you. sorry, you'd have better luck if you went with the leaking amniotic fluid story. just my opinion.

um, I've been arguing with one poster who is, in fact, wrong. Palin said what she said about having had "genetic" testing done (which many women -80% if you believe the statistics- end up aborting the fetus after if it comes up for downs), and it's one more point in favor of calling her a hypocrit for her rabid anti-abortion stance. I provided a link above in case you'd like to educate yourself about who is more 'well-informed'.

Elite Member

When is some investigative agency going to get on this and do a DNA test? There are sneaky ways of getting someone's DNA. They can get hers from a water glass. It would be harder to get the baby's, but not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    When is some investigative agency going to get on this and do a DNA test? There are sneaky ways of getting someone's DNA. They can get hers from a water glass. It would be harder to get the baby's, but not impossible.
    Not necessarily; babies do drool on everything, after all.

Hell, just pull a soiled diaper out of the wastebin after his sister/mommy leaves the restroom.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

czb

Quote Originally Posted by ymeman View Post
    um, I've been arguing with one poster who is, in fact, wrong. Palin said what she said about having had "genetic" testing done (which many women -80% if you believe the statistics- end up aborting the fetus after if it comes up for downs), and it's one more point in favor of calling her a hypocrit for her rabid anti-abortion stance. I provided a link above in case you'd like to educate yourself about who is more 'well-informed'.
    um, i am not, in fact, wrong. i just don't agree with you. and as i said before, i just don't take what palin said literally. i know people who had NT/amnio done when they never intended on getting an abortion, they just wanted to know ahead of time if they were going to have a special needs baby. and as i've said before, there are other reasons not to like palin, i think this isn't such a big deal.

um, i am not, in fact, wrong. i just don't agree with you. and as i said before, i just don't take what palin said literally. i know people who had NT/amnio done when they never intended on getting an abortion, they just wanted to know ahead of time if they were going to have a special needs baby. and as i've said before, there are other reasons not to like palin, i think this isn't such a big deal.

You are wrong to suggest NT is equivalent to amnio, NT is one of several screening tests, amnio and chorionic villus are the ones that give an actual genetic confirmation of downs. That was the point of contention, not whether we agree. I understand 'normal' people sometimes have amnio done as a predictor (my sister just gave birth to a special needs child, but she chose NOT to have amnio done before the birth even though she is in the risk category BECAUSE of the risk of spontaneous abortion) but my point is Palin would not be one of them if she truly believed as she claims to about abortion. Taken by itself it's not much but together with all the other strange mistruths surrounding the birth of this kid it's making me grateful that I'm young enough that I might still be here one day when the truth comes out. Pathological liars like her (and John Edwards, sadly) fascinate me, people who think they are so on top of their game that they can say anything and it will be believed, because they are who they are.

Thread Information