Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: RNC chair candidate was member of whites-only country club

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    could we please just do away with the south? Take the appalachians too.
    Well the north could cut off all the welfare payments to the loser southern states and see how well they do after that.

I'd enjoy watching them crumble to dust.
    If the south was a liberal majority, it wouldn't have a problem with teh gays and puppies would rain down from the sky.
    For the anti-religion ranting, go to another thread.

There is more than one denomination? Really? Did anyone tell the Methodists, Catholics, Protestants, Baptists, Muslims, Jewish, Pentecostal, Lutheran, and whoever else?

Does "church and organized religions which have a stance that isn't what the gays want" work better for you? Too bad. I don't feel like typing that out repeatedly, so "the church" it is.

You didn't refute anything. Attempted deflection from your own apparent bigotry, yes.

It's simple. Besides, this is about racial discrimination, which blacks have written and given interviews about experiencing in the gay community.

Back to the real issue in this thread, skin color, not who gets your mojo going. There are other threads dedicated to that.

Well now that we have accepted "the church" as the definition for all religious bodies that oppose gfay rights, it makes more sense. I figured "the church" referred to one specific denomination, but there are those that do not fit into that category.. Unitarians for one.
    and yes i did refute it, go back and read, I haven't the patience to explain it to you.

Lastly, I'm bigoted against people bigoted towards me using bigotry? LOL Well no fucking shit, lady. One of the fun arguments the religiuous right uses:

"I'm going to kick the shit out of you, but if you fight back then I'll accuse you of being intolerant of me kicking the shit out of you simply because my religion says I can. I'm the real victim here!"

I'm bigoted towards bigots. Everybody should be. Too many are not. Too many let the religious get away with it because religion is off limits.

Not to me it isn't. I like Unitarians. I like religious people who are christ-like. They're EXCEEDINGLY RARE though.

The rest are fucking poseur bigots who are too cowardly to admit it so hide behind a nice historical myth cuz they don't have the cojones to own up to it.

and gets your mojo going? About as insulting as who's doing your cornrows today
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I'm bigoted towards bigots. Everybody should be. Too many are not. Too many let the religious get away with it because religion is off limits.
    This.

Nobody seems to object to hating all the Nazis, or KKK members, or the Taliban. Why is bigotry only wrong when based on non-religious reasons? Personally, I don't care why someone is a hateful asswipe, just that they are.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

I don't have the patience to listen to the same rhetoric and watch the victimization dance. Please do stop "trying to explain", as you call it, Grimm. Your actions are hypocritical and you refuse, or are incapable, of seeing it.

Getting mojo going applies to all sexual beings. Because you are gay, that is insulting? WTF! Men get my mojo going. The cornrows comment is obviously racist, yet if anyone made an anti-homosexual comment, I can't imagine how fast they would be bounced.

You like religious people who are Christ-like and you are an atheist? Don't even try that. You like people who will support your cause. Don't hide it behind the name of Christ. You can throw out Christ's teachings of "love your fellow man", but back up a few chapter and look up Sodom and Gomorrah. Any text's words can be twisted to act as evidence for either side.

Who said i was an athiest?

Secondly, people who are "christ like", as in love they neighbor, do unto others, blah blah blah are pretty fucking hard NOT to like because they're GOOD people. They're like Ned fucking Flanders. My best friend growing up had parents like that, and i always thought there was some horrible mutated family secret in the basement because they were such GOOD people, right to the core, and nobody is that good. But they were.

Those are GOOD religious people. The ones who do no harm, do not judge, are kind, generous, and help in times of need. The ones who accept everyone, and try to understand things they may not agree with right away.

The problem is, almost NO 'religious' christians are anywhere NEAR christ. They could learn a thing or 2 from my friends parents. They would learn how to be gentle and kind people, upright and upstanding.

The cornrows thing was an EXAMPLE of how what you said could be taken in an insulting manner, i thought that was pretty clear.

Lastly, gays are victims honey. Church assholes have been persecuting us on the temporal plane for thousands of years. That's a fact. They're still doing it now, that's a fact. They fund bigtotry because they're filthy fucking rich. That's a fact.

It's not a victimization dance to call 'religious' instutitions out on it. That's telling it like it is. This is what they do. This is what they've always done. THey will continue to do it until they're crushed, strangled, or circumvented or reasoned with.

Religious people HAVE NO RIGHT TO IMPOSE OPPRESSION ON ANYBODY AND USE THEIR BELIEF AS A SHIELD AGAINST RETALIATION.

It doesn't work anymore.

It's not taboo to fight back.

Lastly, if said bigoted 'religious' assholes kept their shit to themselves and their 'beliefs' in their church where it belongs, instead of using them as a cudgeol to take equal rights away (or keep them from) other people, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

That doesn't happen. They keep attacking. They do not leave people alone. They use their "faith" as a cloak for their own ignorance and bigotry.

Hiding behind that cloak of religiosity has always shielded them from recrimination because it's "their belief" that empowers their bigotry, and heaven forbid you call people out on their "beliefs", because religious doctrine is supposedly off limits. It's amazing that actions taken in the stead of something intangible and mythical as a magic sky fairy with a zombie jewish son can be off limits to criticism, but attacking real families, real people, and oppressing them and denying them rights in their name is fair game. What the hell is THAT.

That's starting to reverse itself, thankfully, and the Mormon church is feeling that sting quite heavily right now. If they had left gays alone and not funded unconstitutional majority tyranny, then they wouldn't be having this problem. They reap what they sow.

That goes for ANY religious institution, and ANYBODY who defends them when they hide behind their rituals when confronted.

It IS a war, one they have started and fought for generations against an unwilling foe who has never done ANYTHING to them, and has just wanted equality and to be left alone. In war, you don't show any mercy. They've shown gays none.

So frankly, they have EARNED whatever comes their way as a result of their endless funding and promotion of oppression. I'm more than happy to see this taboo fall by the wayside, I'm happy to see that religion will not be used as an excuse for all the shit they do. I'm happy to see people pin these bigots against the wall, slap their 2000 year old storybook out of their hand and show them that their bigoted bullshit will not be tolerated just because they think their "beliefs" entitle them to step on everybody else.

They used it to justify slavery, they used it to justify refusing interracial marriage, they used it to butcher, they used it to oppress, and they used it for hate and greed. I'm so fucking TIRED of mental defectives defending these freaks, telling me that it's their "right" to oppress others because they interpreted some book that way. No, they don't have that right.

Enough is enough. No religion will shield you from opposing a just cause like equality. Try it and fail.
    Last edited by Grimmlok; November 25th, 2008 at 06:24 PM.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

It isn't bigotry just because it conflicts with what you want, which some say is what is deserved.

*sighs*

It's not about WANT. Bigotry is defined in such a way so you can label actions and words as such.

Just because it's cloaked in RELIGION doesn't make it any less bigoted.

Religion does not automatically make bigotry fucking acceptable. For the longest time, that was THE biggest shield they had. They could say ANYTHING, and claim it was 'religious belief' and thus it was not up for debate, and taboo to criticize. That is wrong.

You know that.

Everybody knows that.

it's a social taboo that is slowly unravelling as it should

Again, I pose the question, why is it a taboo in numerous cultures, with different beliefs, religions, modes of living, etc.?

If I were gay, I am sure my view would be different, as I would be affected, leading to emotional bias. I'm straight, non-religious, and am not fond of the institution of marriage, leaving me with no ties to either side, thus no bias.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information