Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RNC chair candidate was member of whites-only country club

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I agree that there shouldn't be any racially-exclusive organizations.

But what would these 'black-only' organizations be? I'm curious since I've never heard of them. Not the NAACP, since they've had white members for years. Not black colleges, because they accept white students, too. And some black fraternities and sororities have white members. The only black-only organization I know of are the Black Panthers.
    Yea that's why I was curious, but even the Black Panthers had non Black members in important positions back in the day. I know the Nation of Islam has some wacky racist teachings, but I believe they do work with or even allow non Blacks to attend their meetings/churches and whatnot. I'm not saying there aren't racist Blacks like any other group that may have black only type of things but I doubt hardly anything as egregious as whites only country clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Yea that's why I was curious, but even the Black Panthers had non Black members in important positions back in the day. I know the Nation of Islam has some wacky racist teachings, but I believe they do work with or even allow non Blacks to attend their meetings/churches and whatnot. I'm not saying there aren't racist Blacks like any other group that may have black only type of things but I doubt hardly anything as egregious as whites only country clubs.
    Yeah, my cousin was married to a white guy from Georgia who was a member of the Nation of Islam like she was. They got divorced, but it was a comedy of errors the second they got married.

And, yeah, there are racist blacks out there, but I've never heard of anything like black-only clubs. Although there used to be black restricted communities that were racist toward other blacks. You had to be light enough to pass the 'brown paper bag' test to move into them. For anybody that's never heard of that it's basically that you had to be 'light' enough for them to see the color of your veins. Stupid shit like that.

Ignorance isn't just in the south. I've lived on both sides of the Mason-Dixon. The north isn't innocent. Nowhere is stupidity free.

The south isn't going anywhere. I'd like to see eradication attempted. That would be fun...for us.

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    Ignorance isn't just in the south. I've lived on both sides of the Mason-Dixon. The north isn't innocent. Nowhere is stupidity free.

The south isn't going anywhere. I'd like to see eradication attempted. That would be fun...for us.
    Yes. I wonder what our Mothers would dream up to serve for the Occasion. We love a good Occasion.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Yes. I wonder what our Mothers would dream up to serve for the Occasion. We love a good Occasion.
    Don't we love an Occasion? If the guests didn't like what was served, we, as hospitable southerners, would politely acknowledge the aversion with,"Ain't that just so nice." That's the cue for the guests to head for the exits.

Well the north could cut off all the welfare payments to the loser southern states and see how well they do after that.

I'd enjoy watching them crumble to dust.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

That is just so stupid, Grimm.

If anyone lumped a gay person, the way you just lumped all us southern's, you would have your panties twisted so far up your ass you would shit silk.

Funny, I don't recall lumping PEOPLE.. just governmental bodies, but bless your heart.

*smiles sweetly*
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    could we please just do away with the south? Take the appalachians too.
    Well the north could cut off all the welfare payments to the loser southern states and see how well they do after that.

I'd enjoy watching them crumble to dust.
    Funny, I don't recall lumping PEOPLE.. just governmental bodies, but bless your heart.

*smiles sweetly*
    If that isn't talking about people from the south then I don't know what it. It's okay, though, I expect people that haven't ever lived down here to still think it's all cowboy's, hangings, rebel flags and lynchings.

Very stupid comments. Let's not forget ignorant and hateful.

Any time a comment is made that goes against the gay viewpoint, Grimm is highly incensed. When I said I would take the US over Canada any day, people came out swinging. Any different?

If the south were a liberal majority, he would love us. Oh well. Deal with it.

Yeah, ive been to georgia (twice), drove through alabama as fast as i could, stayed in northern florida for a week and while i didn't see a lot of lynchings, i saw a lot of confederate crap being celebrated, lots and lots of abject poverty and lots of signs that said "if you cant read the menu, just point at what you want", which amused me to no end.

On the other hand, sweet tea is the shit, and red dirt is neat looking.

Y'all gotta work on your maple syrup issue though.. for real. 5 jugs of differently colored goo for your pancakes but not one honest drop of maple syrup.

Red dirt? It's called CLAY.
    And to think that being illiterate or poor is something only seen in the south, then you have lived a very sheltered life.
    Also, as for the rebel flag. Some people fly it because their father's died for it, not because it means hate toward a group of people. (Now of course that doesn't apply to all, but some).

Oh and sweet tea sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    Very stupid comments. Let's not forget ignorant and hateful.

Any time a comment is made that goes against the gay viewpoint, Grimm is highly incensed. When I said I would take the US over Canada any day, people came out swinging. Any different?

If the south were a liberal majority, he would love us. Oh well. Deal with it.

If the south was a liberal majority, it wouldn't have a problem with teh gays and puppies would rain down from the sky.

yeah, our clay is gray up here. Flat gray.

Last I heard the red was because there was more oxidized iron in the dirt, up here it's more granite and nonferrous metals like nickel.

but seriously, the 5 different kinds of goo....

Make it cats and I'm in.
    Our clay runs from that gray to red and orange.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information