Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Right-wing fundies rip down Prez Obama's picture in CO. airforce base on Prez Day

What? Palin fans and McCain supporters are now being drug into this? Imagine that. It's either a fundie, a racist, or a McCain supporter. Please people come up with better arguments.

Oh and Grimm:

UMMMM.

"The commissary agency disputed the cashier's story, saying no past presidents have had their picture displayed with the holiday message."

So, now I guess it's a pissing contest between who is telling the truth.

^Because most of the people who bitch about Obama are either Palin fans, fundies, McCain supporters, Republicans, etc. Not always the case, but usually.

Originally Posted by kingcap72
    Yeah, those people are the ones who are still upset that Palin didn't become VP or voted for Dubya. Either way, they'll get over it.
    Bullshit. I didn't vote for Bush and I didn't want Palin in office either. That's just a far fetched statement.
    Not seeing the difficulty with remembering things you JUST posted
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Yeah, those people are the ones who are still upset that Palin didn't become VP or voted for Dubya. Either way, they'll get over it.

As for your other point. while I think a lot of the Obama merchandise is crappy, the reason why people are selling it is because the man made history, unlike any other president. Hopefully, that will all die down at some point and he'll just be seen as the president, and not the first black president.

Maybe that's what it says on their website, but for years I've seen it honor all of the Presidents. In fact, I rarely hear anybody refer to just Washington, Lincoln or Jefferson on President's Day.
    Then you've seen wrong information.
    I think the Government would actually know what the holiday was formed to celebrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Then you've seen wrong information.
    I think the Government would actually know what the holiday was formed to celebrate.
    I'm not disputing what the holiday was formed to celebrate. I'm pointing out that it isn't generally being used to honor just Washington, Lincoln and Jefferson anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    lol ok, so a store clerk masturbates to obama nightly and is unbelievable, but palin fans and mccain supporters not getting over Obama's win in this situation is 'far fetched' ?
    Not seeing the difficulty with remembering things you JUST posted
    I know what I just posted. I posted nothing about McCain fans not being able to get over Obama's win, nor did anyone else. That's why I was confused by your statement.

Mccain, palin, same shit, different pile

we should just call them McPalin
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I'm not disputing what the holiday was formed to celebrate. I'm pointing out that it isn't generally being used to honor just Washington, Lincoln and Jefferson anymore.
    Well, that's sounds like a personal problem for some people. The point being, when the NAACP wants to scream racism, as will a few other people (not speaking of you King), that they can't because it's clearly not a holiday that legally has anything to do with Obama.

And seriously, who really honors any of these President's on that day? Most people just like the day off.

Well, that's sounds like a personal problem for some people. The point being, when the NAACP wants to scream racism, as will a few other people (not speaking of you King), that they can't because it's clearly not a holiday that legally has anything to do with Obama.

And seriously, who really honors any of these President's on that day? Most people just like the day off.
    But the point is why should anybody feel the need to make a big deal about Obama's picture being up on President's Day. I've seen pictures of Clinton and Dubya on past President Days and it didn't seem strange. I mean, for somebody to get so riled up about Obama's picture (not you Sweetie) that they have to rip it down or demand that it be taken down is ridiculous.

And I wish I got President's Day off.

^ I agree, it is beyond ridiculous. It really is, and I don't see the big deal in his picture being up, after all he is a President. What bothers me is anyone that goes against Obama is now considered to be racist. I don't like that. It paints some people in a wrong light. I don't like Obama, I did vote for him because I thought he was the better of the two, but I still don't care for all the praise and glory he receives, but I am not racist.

What pisses me off is the NAACP trying to put in their 2 cents. When they do that then you have to get down to the brass tax and realize what the holiday is LEGALLY about and that Jeff AFB really did not break any laws. Was it tacky, YES, was it illegal and racist, NO.

isn't colorado springs a fundie haven? like how clearwater is to scienos?
    Yes-the complaints were probably from 1 man and his 3 wives.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

^ I agree, it is beyond ridiculous. It really is, and I don't see the big deal in his picture being up, after all he is a President. What bothers me is anyone that goes against Obama is now considered to be racist. I don't like that. It paints some people in a wrong light. I don't like Obama, I did vote for him because I thought he was the better of the two, but I still don't care for all the praise and glory he receives, but I am not racist.

What pisses me off is the NAACP trying to put in their 2 cents. When they do that then you have to get down to the brass tax and realize what the holiday is LEGALLY about and that Jeff AFB really did not break any laws. Was it tacky, YES, was it illegal and racist, NO.
    I agree, I don't think every single person who doesn't like Obama should be painted as a racist, because that's not fair. Just like it's not fair when people think that if you're black and voted for Obama that you just did it because he was black and didn't take any of the issues into consideration.

But this reminds me of a conservation I had with one of the conservatives I work with. He told me that any black person that voted for Obama did it because he was black and any white person who voted for Obama did it out of white liberal guilt. After I laughed in his face, I reminded him that the very white Bill Clinton got more black votes than black Jesse Jackson and black Al Sharpton combined.

^ *snort*

How about lots of whiteys voted for Obama cuz fellow whitey's Palin and McSame scared the shit ou of them

^^He blames McCain for losing the election. But he believes that Palin was nothing but a benefit. He thinks any white people that didn't vote for Palin are just liberal sheep being spoon-fed by the evil media. He uses that same logic when it comes to people who hate Dubya.

I would love to have a conversation with him.

"Palin was a retard who had no idea what her position would entail, couldn't handle even a softball interview from katie fucking couric, couldn't remember if she even READ anything, and wasn't able to pull a coherent sentence together. How the fuck was she a benefit?"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information