Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Right-wing fundies rip down Prez Obama's picture in CO. airforce base on Prez Day

ask him to specify exactly what good Bush did for the US. That would be fun.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^ There wouldn't have been enough time to laugh in his face, but it was hard listening to how stupid he was! MUAHAHAHA!

They took down the president's picture? Why do they hate America?

^ No, Obama just doesn't stand for what the holiday is all about.

Why not just hang up a picture of the President's that the holiday was formed for?

I love how if one little thing is done against Obama it's either considered racism or the people are fundies. That's not always the case. And by thinking and saying it is, you really sound as dumb as George Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    ^ No, Obama just doesn't stand for what the holiday is all about.

Why not just hang up a picture of the President's that the holiday was formed for?

I love how if one little thing is done against Obama it's either considered racism or the people are fundies. That's not always the case. And by thinking and saying it is, you really sound as dumb as George Bush.
    President's Day has been expanded to honor all of the presidents, not just Washington & Lincoln. So, as a president then Obama stands for what the holiday is all about.

And I bet those same people who bitched about Obama's photo weren't bitching when Dubya's photo was up on President's Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    ask him to specify exactly what good Bush did for the US. That would be fun.
    I was out on Friday night and I met this girl who said the exact same thing. I asked her exactly that question, and guess what she had? That's right...nothing. I mean, literally, nothing. She couldn't even come up with the standard "he's kept our country safe" bullshit line that supporters usually revert to. I won't lie - I was a little sad for her.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

seems nobody had a problem putting Bush up there, as well as other recent presidents, but all of a sudden people don't want Obama's?

Uhhuh.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I don't know that they did have Bush or any other recent President up there, so I can't say. If they did, then that isn't what President's day is about.

Some people are just tired of the Obama dick sucking that everyone is doing. People are putting the man above everyone that's ever been in office.

That being said, I could be offended and wonder why no other President has a painted up $1.00 coin that sales for $20.00. Every time you turn on the tv it's some sort of new Obama coin or Obama keepsake. Funny how you don't hear people bitch over that....but it's Obama so it's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    President's Day has been expanded to honor all of the presidents, not just Washington & Lincoln. So, as a president then Obama stands for what the holiday is all about.

And I bet those same people who bitched about Obama's photo weren't bitching when Dubya's photo was up on President's Day.
    That's incorrect.
    See the prior state Statute concerning President's day. Also, look up on the government website as to what President's Day stands for. It will clearly tell you it's to honor either Washington & Lincoln in some states (depending on their own laws), or Washington & Jefferson.
    Now, common people may make up in their head that it is supposed to cover all President's, but the legal holiday is for Washington, Lincoln and Jefferson.

I don't know that they did have Bush or any other recent President up there, so I can't say. If they did, then that isn't what President's day is about.

Some people are just tired of the Obama dick sucking that everyone is doing. People are putting the man above everyone that's ever been in office.

That being said, I could be offended and wonder why no other President has a painted up $1.00 coin that sales for $20.00. Every time you turn on the tv it's some sort of new Obama coin or Obama keepsake. Funny how you don't hear people bitch over that....but it's Obama so it's okay.
    Yeah, those people are the ones who are still upset that Palin didn't become VP or voted for Dubya. Either way, they'll get over it.

As for your other point. while I think a lot of the Obama merchandise is crappy, the reason why people are selling it is because the man made history, unlike any other president. Hopefully, that will all die down at some point and he'll just be seen as the president, and not the first black president.

That's incorrect.
    See the prior state Statute concerning President's day. Also, look up on the government website as to what President's Day stands for. It will clearly tell you it's to honor either Washington & Lincoln in some states (depending on their own laws), or Washington & Jefferson.
    Now, common people may make up in their head that it is supposed to cover all President's, but the legal holiday is for Washington, Lincoln and Jefferson.
    Maybe that's what it says on their website, but for years I've seen it honor all of the Presidents. In fact, I rarely hear anybody refer to just Washington, Lincoln or Jefferson on President's Day.

I'm just glad i can watch the guy on TV and not want to hurl it out the window.

umm..

A cashier at the commissary who did not want her name used said pictures of past presidents, including George W. Bush and Bill Clinton, have accompanied the Presidents Day closure sign.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Yeah, those people are the ones who are still upset that Palin didn't become VP or voted for Dubya. Either way, they'll get over it.

As for your other point. while I think a lot of the Obama merchandise is crappy, the reason why people are selling it is because the man made history, unlike any other president. Hopefully, that will all die down at some point and he'll just be seen as the president, and not the first black president.
    Bullshit. I didn't vote for Bush and I didn't want Palin in office either. That's just a far fetched statement. And yes, I will get over it, I have no other choice. Just as the whiny ass bitches that got pissed over Obama's picture being snatched down will have to get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    umm..
    So I am just supposed to believe some random store clerk? A clerk that probably masturbates to Obama nightly. Naw, I'll pass, I have more common sense than that.

lol ok, so a store clerk masturbates to obama nightly and is unbelievable, but palin fans and mccain supporters not getting over Obama's win in this situation is 'far fetched' ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information