Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Right Wing Blogs?

Default Re: Right Wing Blogs?

Well ya know I really have to think of the evac nest egg so if things get really tough I can always go after the rats that live under the neighbors deck. Also neighborhood cats and dogs..squirrels..road kill etc.(gotta have that protein). The neighbors are Cambodian so they most assuredly have some good recipes for cat and dog that could be applied to rodents and other small animals as well. Also should not forget insects(protein and crunchy too!) and boiled old leather mixed with wall paper paste if things get really rough. I have heard that certain leaves(cherry tree, etc.) ground up can be made into a type of pancake that is green and tastes like turd, but hey that evac nest egg has got to come first, huh?

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

I like to swipe bird seed from the neighbors bird feeders and grind it into flour. No one ever notices it's not that premuim fancy flour from the store. But you have to be careful not to swipe the birdseed that has a high hemp seed content or the kids will start tripping if they eat too much bread. It's a bit hard to explain to our social worker that the kids got high off the bread.

My evacuation nest egg took a big hit because my husband had to retire on a disability. He now brings home about half what he did before, so we have had to learn how to eat more creatively and cheaper. Hamburger Helper is only affordabale if we leave out the hamburger. I will try some of the delightful recipes I have read about on here (the birdseed bread sounds especially scrumptious). Another favorite is cold mashed potato sandwiches (after all, protein is so highly over-rated). My husband is home all day, maybe he can limp out into the back yard (now that the snow has melted) and catch us some squirrels or possums to supplement what we can scavage out of the Stop & Shop dumpsters. But of course, we would have so much more money if we weren't so addicted to buying video games. I think we already have 20 or 30 Game Boys, but Mr. wants a few more, and I just can't deny him! But then, it is so much fun to be poor, and we love it.
    Keep passing the open windows.

Our evacuation nest egg took a hit when I had to host relatives after Katrina and it was difficult to stretch the birdseed bread and the government cheese. We did discover with some string and some simple ingenuity you can easily capture Mourning Doves and they are delicious grilled out on the bbq. If you get enough they make great jerky!

Also after my extensive surgery I recycled all the bandages by washing them and using them to knit new socks for the kids, puffy white cotton bandage socks. My eldest is using my old cast to bash the heads of the doves so we can grill them and my youngest uses the compression garment I wore to start a new fashion trend at her school. We use the money we've saved for packs of Kools and 6 packs of Mickeys Big Mouth Malt Liquor. But I'm about to save all the fallen fruit from our trees and brew up some homemade brandy so we'll be able to save the money we spend now on malt liquor. Does anyone know how hard it is to grow tobacco and where to get the seeds?

You grow your tobacco? We just get ours from the butts that we scoop off the street after people throw them away. If you open them up, you can put them in those corn cob pipes you can buy cheap and have you a nice smoke for no money. I never thought of growing tobacco. Too much work. It would take away a lot of time from my video game playing if I had to grow my own tobacco. I will stick to street butts. But grilled mourning doves sound really tasty. We could have them on special days, you know, days when there is meat on the table? Maybe Sojiita's neighbors might have some tasty Cambodian dishes we could make out of the doves. Yum! It is so cool to get over on the government and be poor, and so so so much fun! I sure pity the rich folk.

Excuse me ladies, but I don't think you should be discussing anything outside of kitchen work, and certainly not giving your opinions on anything. I will inform your husbands that it's time for your daily beatings.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I love my daily beating. Who needs working out and expensive skin treatments when you get a beatin'? The rod exfoliates the skin and increases the blood circulation while running from the beating gives you a good cardiovascular workout. I look forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    Excuse me ladies, but I don't think you should be discussing anything outside of kitchen work, and certainly not giving your opinions on anything. I will inform your husbands that it's time for your daily beatings.
    Now Grimm, you know we should just stay in the background and let the straight men handle the women...anyway why aren't you getting ready to be stoned to death? They were planning on stoning me to death today but I pleaded with them to stone me only after throwing me off a cliff and having a brick wall knocked down on me...so it is all put off to tomorrow...too bad that the world has to put up with the heresy of my existence for another day and these evil 'worldly' women talking about things other than making babies and cooking! what is the world coming to?

To be poor and female in America is a fine thing! I enjoy it also. It is not as much fun anymore because my husband can't chase me as fast as he used to with his bad leg, but I taut him and call him "Rich bitch rich bitch" so he gets mad. That makes him run faster, and when he does catch me, oh the beating is wonderful! Then we go into our sub-standard housing and play video games for the rest of the day.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Hey Grimm; this one's for you! YOur Prince of Narnia awaits ...
    Last edited by AliceInWonderland; March 24th, 2006 at 02:47 PM.

I AM getting ready to be stoned, but it takes a long time to sew a sparkly pink burqa. They don't grow on trees you know.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

The Mr. said no beatings until he finishes his beer and his daily dose of "Jerry Springer" I better skedaddle back to the kitchen and heat up his spam sammich and cheetos.

I spewed my coffee reading this. Funny, but oh too true. I grew up listening to Depression-era tales and my parents really did eat dandelion greens, which are now served in some of the finest restaurants for $12 a plate. They worked 18 hours a day but strangely enough, still didn't have a nest egg to allow them to leave their drought-stricken farm that they built with their bare hands after emigrating from an even poorer situation in a European country. Guess they were just exporting their lazy, no-good, govt-teat sucking ways.

Yes, saving for that evac fund is tough when you spend all day waiting in lines for things -- did you know a Cdn study showed that poor people spend inordinate amounts of time waiting for services such as health care, food banks etc. -- and being shat on from great heights by every politician and citizen with an axe to grind and a cheap shot to hurl at targets who can't fight back.

Yep, quite often those yelling the loudest about the lazy poor, welfare mothers, take your pick, are the first in line when it comes to corporate welfare handouts that we all pay for. Oh, let me correct that, that the average citizen pays for since most rich people don't pay taxes.

Yes, being poor is so much fun. I guess that's why everybody wants to be poor so that they, too, can join in the hilarity. We can't all be unfortunate enough to be born with privileges, a safety net, and a nest egg at the ready.

^^being shat on from great heights? Damn..why didn't I think of that! I will have to beg them to add that to my list of death/torture, but then again that might delay my death so i don't know..who told you all of that anyway since you could not have possibly though of that yourself, some straight man must have told you that. Oh, that reminds me to shut up and let the straight guys with the evacuation fund nest eggs do all of the talking..they obviously know how to run things the best, especially after things like disasters and such.
    *goes back to self-hatred and scrounging for rat droppings to eat, wishing for a sparkly pink burqa to be stoned in*

Uuuummm, rat droppings....I like them in barbecue sauce.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information