Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Right Wing Blogs?

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Default Re: Right Wing Blogs?

Didja know that the US government has to borrow approximately 2 billion bucks a day from foreign banks just to keep going? Thank you George W. Bush for squandering our countrys surplus and raiding the future from our children.

You're forgetting his military policy - not conservative either.

Oh, but they're spreading 'freedom®' and 'liberty©' in the name of 'God™'
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverGator
    Didja know that the US government has to borrow approximately 2 billion bucks a day from foreign banks just to keep going? Thank you George W. Bush for squandering our countrys surplus and raiding the future from our children.
    shit! this was the answer! I was fairly close to it too! I knew I had seen it somewhere..y'all are evil, UCG!

Bronze Member

Thumbs up Re: Right Wing Blogs?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    Your economic factor is the unearned cash you get from Mumsy and Dadsy while you sit within your palatial prison, typing this out with a smug look of undeserved entitlement.
    I know it would work well for you to picture me as some slacker who's parents inherited a ton of cash.

Try this:
    I've had jobs since I was 13.
    I paid for school with scholarships.
    I graduated with no debt.
    I bought a house at 21.

With no financial gifts from anyone.

Sorry to break your view of me.

I highly doubt you, of all people, have anywhere NEAR the perspective needed to operate outside of that warm, soft, safe little island of privilege and ignorance.
    It's true that I have never been poor, and I probably never will be, but that doesn't mean that I can't imagine what it must be like to be poor. It must suck. So I want to do what I can to make sure I don't end up poor. If being poor was nice, then why would I work as hard as I do? I wouldn't.

The price of being grindingly poor or having your government be completely incompetent, despite enough warnings and resources readily available, is death? How is helplesness 'a price' ? I'm sure you'd feel different if it was your grandmother's bloated and flyblown corpse drifting down a river of sewage.
    Nobody "deserves" to die. But if it were my grandmother she would have had enough money saved up to get herself out of there before she was in danger. No one should expect miracles from the government. I would rather be self reliant.

Perhaps a house fire will render you homeless and charred beyond recognition, that would be a great motivator for you to discover some humility and depth of feeling.
    I have insurance on my house, and disability and life insurance on myself. If my house was destroyed, I could buy another one. If I was injured, I would collect insurance for the rest of my life. If I died, the life insurance would make sure my family got along ok.

I don't depend on the government to step in and pay for my kids college if I have a heart attack.

Let me ask you this, if you were poor and as Katrina was hitting you had no mode of transportation, don't you think you would have been saying to yourself: damn, if only I would have saved a couple bucks I could have gotten out of here. If I make it through this, I will definately do that next time. ?? I bet a lot of them were saying that. So maybe next time they will save some money for a situation like that.

Most poor people just WANT to be poor, they don't want to have to go get a job:

http://www.liberalsmustdie.com/Home/...9/Default.aspx

Yes, because grinding poverty really leaves you with a lot of spare cash lying around to 'save'.

Do you understand what poverty is? Poverty is 5 dollars being the difference between eating this week and not. I've been there, and not through 'laziness' or blowing my money on an Xbox, for fucks sake. You have the typical neocon view that poor people just don't try hard enough, and yet there they are scraping by on crap jobs to support themselves and their families doing jobs you wouldn't even consider.

But hey.. they aren't trying hard enough and they're blowing their money on videogames instead of having a hurricane-escape slush fund set up.

Do you realize how stupid that sounds? No, you probably don't. That's the sad part.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Most poor people just WANT to be poor, they don't want to have to go get a job:
    Yes, yes just keep telling yourself that and ignoring the fact that most are inculcated into a system of welfare mentality and lack of educational opportunities. People like you wish that to continue even as you state otherwise. Actions speak louder than all your idle words.

Are you aware in your little whitebread bubble that many wealthy people in New Orleans lost their homes and between the inaction of their insurance companies, the inaction of the federal government in rebuilding the levees and the inaction of the government in allowing anyone to rebuild this tragedy has affected EVERYONE down there across the economic board, not just impoverished minorities? Obviously you aren't or you wouldn't make the type of ignoramus type statements you flount here.

I personally cannot wait until a natural disaster strikes your area and impacts you personally to see how quickly you'll be whining for help from the government. It's arrogant and short sided for you to assume that you're immune from similiar circumstances.

People who are poor like to be poor? I thought I had heard every stupid thing in the world, but I guess not. You clearly have no understanding of what it means to be poor. Poor doesn't mean you sit and watch tv all day and spend your welfare checks on toys. Probably some people can do that, but for the majority of poor people, being poor means you live in substandard housing, eat cheap food like hamburger helper, go without stuff like decent cars or health or dental care, do crappy jobs that "real" people wouldn't lower themselves to do, and hope your kids don't get killed on the street because they are in the wrong place at the wrong time. If you are poor, you might have the misfortune to be uneducated, too. (I guess that is also a choice). But you expect people like this to have a tidy little nest egg put aside in case some natural disaster comes along? YOu are full of the milk of human kindness, that is for sure. And you live in a bubble. Try not to let the grease of that steak you are eating slide down your chin and drip all over your computer keys. And yes, like someone else said, you reek of entitlement.
    Keep passing the open windows.

I hope people like liberalasskicker realize that all it takes is a catastrophic illness in their family to send them spiraling down out of the upper middle class. I applaud the hard work, and planning and all. But alot of stuff in life happens that is beyond your control, and sometimes all it takes is a horrific turn of fate and then all of the best laid plans(even yours liberalasskicker)could be completely irrelevent. I would hope that rather than judge the poor, you would thank whatever God it is that you pray to for your good fortune and abilities, and pray that you continue to have this good fortune and your abilities, as neither of these are guaranteed.

I like tuna helper better.

I love beans because they are the musical fruit as well as being a nutritious choice for the monetarily bereft.

Well, you could afford hamburger helper if you didnt blow all your money on escaping hurricanes.

Poor people always smell like cabbage.

^^ I am trying to get used to being even poorer so I made two huge pots of soup last night. One with lots of vegetables and the other with some beef and beans. Lentils and rice are also good poor foods. Dried beans, pasta(cheap) ...alot of dried foods are good and cheap and you don't have to worry about them going bad..peanut butter is good too. Soup is also good to freeze if you have the space. Oh and tuna helper is sooo much better than the others! I mean I have to save for that little evacuation nest egg, right? No luxury items like bread, milk, for me!

Sojiita, just think when you move to your new place how much you'll be able to save towards your evacuation nest egg when you plant a garden. Unfortunately seeds cost money so you'll have to temporarily raid your evacuation nest egg like I have to do every spring so I can grow enough food to go along with all the cheap starches we eat. Gotta keep the little Gators from developing starving belly bloat. They think powdered milk and the government cheese is a treat. I like to pick dandelion greens since they're free.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information