Login to remove the ads!
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: The right not to know - One Woman's Ordeal with Texas' New Sonogram Law

I'm loading up my gun and going out to look for chefs who make beets. We cannot allow the beet holocaust to continue. They must be stopped.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Don't let anyone with bad eyebrows tell you shit about life.

*wonders if WCG crossed the line and killed the thread?*
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

But what about the war on ungrown beets? More beet seeds are killed every year than make it to the Martha Stewart Collection nonstick roasting pan for $29.95. Save the Seeds!
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by monk View Post
    I agree. But if she was in the situation she could have simply put her fingers in her ears if she didn't want to hear. She shouldn't have to do that at all and the law needs to be changed. But it seems this article was written to be gut wrenching and emotionally manipulative and worked just fine. It just feels manipulative to me. Doesn't make me think "Oh the poor thing, the law needs to be changed." Makes me think "how many times are you going to go on about how horrifying and devastating this is for you. I get it."
    This is the dumbest shit I've ever read
    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    No it is NOT fair. How dare you presume that a woman cannot given careful consideration before ever going to see the doctor without the State of Texas (or any of these other states) mandating it. And if she doesn't? Who cares, whose actual biological, financial, emotional, educational business is it except for the woman's and increasingly hopefully the father's? It is her body, her life and her decision. If she decides to have a baby, then her life becomes one that must forever consider the best welfare of another human being. Until the time that the fetus has the biological capabilities to exist not as a parasite, it is not a person. It does not have rights and some simple research indicates that this particular story did not involve pain to the fetus. How dare a political entity or you decree or support what conversations a doctor must have with his or patients.

ETA: No Monk, you are not pro-choice. In the first trimester a description of the "condition" of the fetus cannot be done without an internal ultrasound. Consider the fact that what you are is a proponent of state sanctioned and state mandated rape.
    This is some of the smartest shit I ever read
    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    . Because women are stupid and cannot be trusted to educate themselves or make informed decisions on their own. They have to be told.
    not to mention we are all a bunch of dirty whores and should just put an asprin between our knees
    I am not up on the law but I don't understand why a law is passed to humiliate women. I thought the law was designed to protect women who did not have prenatal care prior to having an abortion.
    you don't say
    I guess, like I said I'm not too informed about it. I just didn't like the way the woman wrote the original article. It seemed manipulative to me. Both sides of the debate resort to emotional arguments when they are making their case. To me it's more offensive, as you say, for women to be treated as if they can't make a decision. I don't mind the option of having the information given to the woman. But she should be able to decline. The part where the law says the woman is forced to hear it is wrong. I thought the doctor was just required to "say it." That would be a different law IMO But forcing a woman to hear it is bullshit.
    then why don't you just shut the fuck up already then
    Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Jebus the stupid in this thread is beginning to really piss me off.
    amen sister

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Yet you insist on arguing your point when in fact it is an uneducated point.
    Please don't feed it anymore guys. Do not give it attention for being ill-informed.
    you forget where you are at again lol

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    In other words, you didn't even read the article that you are criticizing as too emotional. Maybe I should provide you with a sonogram of the article so you can make an informed choice.

You don't even know the law, and you don't even know the article, but here you are telling us what we should think about it. lolz
    the audacity of some people right
    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I'll just put my fingers in my ears....la la la la.....

You only care about a beet in the ground, but once it's on a pan and ready for the oven it just doesn't matter to you.
    *snort
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

I admit I aborted a beet once because it was incestuous.
    I guess a septuagenarian coming at you with a boner and a roofied drink would give you plenty of time to run.
    -Beeyotch

Thanks for the multiquotes shedevil but... we still do not know where you stand on beets?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

damn how did I forget, I say abort all beets cause they are nasty and an ugly color

Well I now know where some of you were in 1995!

You're a Veggiracist! You can't hate on a veggie because of its skin color!
    sluce likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I'm from the south remember duh!

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Next the veggiracist will make some comment about their nappy greens!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Sorry I forgot you guys don't like conversations. Mea culpa. Won't do it again. Back to the thread derail with beets and other such sophisticated thinking. LOL

Yep it's a sad day when we'd rather have a sense of humor than deal with idiots who make no sense

If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

lmao! I love this

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread Information