Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rich people whine: Opposition to Obama's tax increase on wealthy

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    There should be a flat rate. The poorest should have a very low rate, but for the rest -- 20% of your income when you're middle class is a lot less money than 20% when you're rich. Fair. And fuck all these loopholes.
    That is what I believe,too. Just because you earn more doesn't mean you should have to pay a higher percentage of your income. This is coming from someone who will never earn $250,000 a year.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    See this is what is totally effed up about this and why Obama's people aren't hammering this point is beyond me...the Bush tax cuts are EXPIRING. Neither Obama nor Congress need do a thing to have the highest income tax rate return to 39.6%.
    I agree. This point needs more coverage!
    "Oh! I've been looking for a red suede pump!"
    - Marie (Carrie Fisher), When Harry Met Sally

Everyone should be taxed the same percentage. That way, it would be fair, rich would not feel picked on, nor would anyone else. Tax everyone 1-2% of their annual income, and be done with it. If you have more, your 1% will be larger, but since everyone pays that same percentage, no particular group will feel singled out.
    ""Somebody needs to talk to Alex Castellanos: he may not be doing sex right if he thinks an Obama speech is 'like sex'."~ Rush Limbaugh

Flat tax isn't fair, as most of the richest people are highly OVERpaid. Think their base income and the obscene bonuses they get. So they are already taking a chunk out of the underlings who get paid low and regular wages. They should be paying back.

Not to mention, that those funds can help improve society through education and such, and that benefits business as a whole, so they too will benefit anyway.

The taxes they have now aren't fair. My dad is a professional, and due to taxes, he only gets 40% of his own paycheck. That much is taken out for taxes. He is still paying for his education, has been for a long time, but can't count it off because technically, he makes too much money. The fact that 60% is taken out of every freaking check is totally ignored. Our tax system needs a major overhaul.
    ""Somebody needs to talk to Alex Castellanos: he may not be doing sex right if he thinks an Obama speech is 'like sex'."~ Rush Limbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by chattykathy View Post
    The taxes they have now aren't fair. My dad is a professional, and due to taxes, he only gets 40% of his own paycheck. That much is taken out for taxes. He is still paying for his education, has been for a long time, but can't count it off because technically, he makes too much money. The fact that 60% is taken out of every freaking check is totally ignored. Our tax system needs a major overhaul.
    If we used our taxes to fund education rather than murdering our own and other people, your dad and everyone else who wanted could have had a free education, and wouldn't have to pay for his education for the rest of his life.

That's not possible under the current rules. I am guessing that your father may be setting aside pretax dollars for his retirement, pretax dollars for your education, pretax dollars for his and your family's healthcare. His take home pay may be that percentage of the gross pay but he IS NOT paying 60% in taxes, a significant portion of that amount is for his own benefit and, in fact, lowers his overall tax obligations.

What?! That's impossible. Maybe you're not counting healthcare costs and IRA contributions. No one has that much taken from their check.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Flat taxes aren't fair. Taking 10% from a person who makes $10,000 a year is not the same as taking 10% from someone who makes $100,000/year or $1,000,000/year. If you're only making $10,000 a year, each dollar is much more important to you as far as basic living costs as opposed to the people making $100,000 or $1,000,000.
    "Oh! I've been looking for a red suede pump!"
    - Marie (Carrie Fisher), When Harry Met Sally

I can see how a couple with children earning 250,000 wouldn't feel rich living in certain areas (like NY). Factor in schools, cost of rent/apartments, astronomical general living expenses, etc- and you aren't left with as much as it looks like. So in that respect I can see the argument for taxing everyone equally (percentage wise). However the vast majority of these complainers are probably just being whiny, they'll survive paying a little extra.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    There should be a flat rate. The poorest should have a very low rate, but for the rest -- 20% of your income when you're middle class is a lot less money than 20% when you're rich. Fair. And fuck all these loopholes.
    ITA. People shouldn't be punished just because they are successful.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Little Wombat View Post
    Flat taxes aren't fair. Taking 10% from a person who makes $10,000 a year is not the same as taking 10% from someone who makes $100,000/year or $1,000,000/year. If you're only making $10,000 a year, each dollar is much more important to you as far as basic living costs as opposed to the people making $100,000 or $1,000,000.
    What with the earned income credit, child tax credit, personal exemptions and standard deductions, the very poor barely pay any tax as it is. So it's already accounted for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information