Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Republican Virginia Foxx calls Matthew Shepard's brutal murder 'a hoax'

The murderers.

The fence.
    Last edited by Grimmlok; April 29th, 2009 at 06:43 PM.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I don't know all the details of this case, but historically, gays have been convenient targets for a certain class of thieves because many gays were closeted. And in order to report and provide details of the crime they would have to admit they were in a gay bar and basically out themselves to their family, friends, community.

Another reason to choose a gay or lesbian as a victim -- especially in a conservative community -- would be that the police would not care enough to follow procedures, and that if it made it to trial the jury wouldn't be sympathetic enough to rule in the victim's favor.

Adding to those elements is the particularly sadistic nature of this crime. Tying this guy to a fence, hitting him more than 50 times (a very slow, painful death), would seem to imply an extreme amount of antipathy toward someone who would normally be someone you would just stick up and bash a couple of times. It does seem to leave his homosexuality hanging out there pretty obviously as a reason for such hostile treatment.

Moreover, I would think that because these guys had homophobic tendencies, that they felt the need to cleanse themselves of their earlier "feigning gay" behavior, by performing the ritual of beating the living crap out of a gay person, proving at some kind of atavistic level that they "are heterosexual after all".

So, that's why I think it qualifies as a hate crime toward gays.
    Excellent post. It's so sad but true.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Tortured logic is playing tonight!!!!!!!!!!! Nah... ummmmm I think Mohandas broke it down very clearly.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

The beating was so severe that the only areas on Shepard's face that were not covered in blood were those where his tears had washed the blood stains away

omg

One of my closest friends was a favorite bartender of Matthew's. They were really close friends, and everything I've heard from my friend is that Matt was a beautiful person. I don't pretend to know Matt. But I can say that the way he was killed profoundly affected our mutual friend, and in turn, affected me. I've spent a number of nights listening to Damien vent and reminisce about the night Matt died. It breaks my heart, it just makes me so mad. I hurt for his pain,I hate the whole situation.

Just imagine that one of your best friends had a close friend who died the way Matt did, and how you'd feel. Thats exactly it.

Damien has a tattoo in his honor- Matt was supposed to come into the bar my friend worked at the night this happened. He never showed up.

Again, I want to be really clear, just to be respectful: I never met Matt, I didn't know him. I only know him through stories from my friend. I'm only saying all this because its a great example of how hate can ruin or affect lives far beyond those of the primary victim.

And of course, back to the original post, this woman is grossly misinformed to say that Matt's death was a hoax. I'm disgusted and nausiated that a member of our federal Congress would even say such a thing.

OKay, sorry, i'll quit being all personal in political threads. I'm done now.
    Last edited by Cali; April 30th, 2009 at 08:54 AM.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    One of my closest friends was a favorite bartender of Matthew's. They were really close friends, and everything I've heard from my friend is that Matt was a beautiful person. I don't pretend to know Matt. But I can say that the way he was killed profoundly affected our mutual friend, and in turn, affected me. I've spent a number of nights listening to Damien vent and reminisce about the night Matt died. It breaks my heart, it just makes me so mad. I hurt for his pain,I hate the whole situation.

Just imagine that one of your best friends had a close friend who died the way Matt did, and how you'd feel. Thats exactly it.

Damien has a tattoo in his honor- Matt was supposed to come into the bar my friend worked at the night this happened. He never showed up.

Again, I want to be really clear, just to be respectful: I never met Matt, I didn't know him. I only know him through my stories from my friend. I'm only saying all this because its a great example of how hate can ruin or affect lives far beyond those of the primary victim.

And of course, back to the original post, this woman is grossly misinformed to say that Matt's death was a hoax. I'm disgusted and nausiated that a member of our federal Congress would even say such a thing.

OKay, sorry, i'll quit being all personal in political threads. I'm done now.
    Give your friend a hug for me please.

I didn't know Matt either, but his murder deeply affected me because you could tell he was a real sweetheart who wouldn't have hurt a fly. How he died and what he went through still takes my breath away with sorrow.
    Your friend and everyone else who loved and knew Matt are not alone. I hope they know that.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

These guys should be tied to a fence and beat to death. How anyone can do this to another human being is beyond me. Homophopia is so ridiculous. Straight men think that all gay men want them, no matter what they look like. Welcome to the world of women. We get hit on all the time because straight men think we all want them.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Elite Member

This Congressperson is a disgrace, and I hope she's voted out of office in a landslide.

Another Republican making enemies and alienating people.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by visitor42 View Post
    This Congressperson is a disgrace, and I hope she's voted out of office in a landslide.
    Depends on her district. NC is beginning to come around (black votes are actually being counted now, rather than lost for 2 weeks after an election, ala Charlotte 2004.) Still, a nasty strain of ignorance has a strong hold on the whole state. This makes Benny Hinn events even bigger than NASCAR and Rush wannabes spewing the most godawful crap in the name of "Truth".

Keith Olbermann's worst person in the world.. guess who!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFAa5aet0CI&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Christ matthews gets into it too:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLxbQmlOT1I&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I don't think that fence could have held me if I were being beat.

pretty sure they smashed him on the head and then tied him to the fence for more beats.

This bitch needs to be voted out when she's up for re-election next year.

^ Yeah, I read they started beating him in the car.

I was just commenting on how backwoods that fence looks. I was expecting an actual fence, not a bunch of tree limbs piled on top of each other.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information