Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Reports: Pres. Obama pushing for cuts to Social Security, Medicare

minstrel puppet fool.

that, or a manchurian candidate. What a disaster this idiot has turned out to be,.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    minstrel puppet fool.

that, or a manchurian candidate. What a disaster this idiot has turned out to be,.
    ITA but may vote for him in the next election anyway. The GOP candidate could be some Bachmann nut job.

Then nothing will change and you're part of the problem.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

So you're saying Bachman or Palin would be better? WTF kind of sense is that?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hell, they may not be better but they also might not be worse. Face it: lose/lose.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Yeah, the only other option is not voting at all or writing in some bullshit, which is practically the same as not voting. There really isn't a way to "fix" the problem with one vote.
    "Not only do we embrace it, we take it out for drinks, get it absolutely steaming drunk, leg hump it and then leave it covered in shaving foam and a stolen Chuck E Cheese outfit in its own bath with no recollection of how it got there." -Kittylady on the sad and pathetic and strange.

And as long as people think that way nothing will change.

There are other parties out there besides the GOP and the Dems- and you don't have to write them in, they're actually on the ballot. If enough people would wake up and vote outside of the two major parties there could be a different outcome. You can't make changes by doing the same shit over and over and hoping for a different outcome.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    And as long as people think that way nothing will change.

There are other parties out there besides the GOP and the Dems- and you don't have to write them in, they're actually on the ballot. If enough people would wake up and vote outside of the two major parties there could be a different outcome. You can't make changes by doing the same shit over and over and hoping for a different outcome.
    quoted and bolded for truth! I think it'd make a much bigger difference than people imagine. I think those two parties think they are IT and they need to be brought down quite a few pegs.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I admit that I am disappointed in our whole political process. Having other parties to vote for would be great. At this moment, our serious third party is The Tea Party. Maybe I should consider a move to another country. My sister says I should move to Coast Rica, but I'm tired of warm weather.

The tea party is not a serious political party, they're just a movement. There's a big difference.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

With big business having control over the government nothing is going to change.

Rioting isn't going to start because people don't care, they talk and talk and talk but don't do anything about it. This country voted this asshat into office and now they're in tears because his "change" motto never came to. Yet they're too busy watching The View and stuffing their faces to really do anything about it. Witchcurlgirl is absolutely right, there are other parties out there, not working for the big business and corporate demons but people have to be willing to take the effort to educate themselves.

Even Rome fell, our time just came quicker.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

It seems there is a lot of Obama bashing going on here, but from where I am sitting I haven't seen any legitimate proposal from the other side either...to me that means we should all be equally bashing all the pathetic losers in DC who can't get their heads out of their own asses long enough to come to some agreement. Obama, while far from perfect, has proposed the only legitimate deal in my view...cut spending while simultaneously raising revenue. It will take both to really make a difference in the long run. The republicans are saying only to cut; but cuts alone will not fix the long term problem. We spend too much as a country. And, we take in too little (you may disagree, but our tax system for most of us on this board is very small compared to other developed nations, and is way too high compared to the wealthiest 1% of our population). The wealthist corporations in this country pay almost no taxes, yet get tons of benefits. I don't blame them, I would take advantage of the system as well...that's why, to me, it makes sense to change the system to close these loopholes and hold those corporations accountable.

I get it that people hear the term "higher taxes" and freak out. But that is what it will take to get us on solid financial ground again....coupled, of course, with reasonable cuts in spending. And, while I don't love Obama or completely agree with all his policies, I do think he has proposed a better, more reasonable and more financially sound approach.

^^You make excellent points and ITA.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^^ I agree with both of you above. I think Obama is doing the best he can in this situation.

I'd like to fire all of Congress and start over. We voted them in to do a job and they can't get it done. To let things get to this point is unacceptable. And if you want to cut spending - look no further than these bogus "wars". Bin Laden is gone, now there's really no excuse for being over there (not that there ever was a good excuse). Each day these "wars" are on could be funding Social Security for months. We're too concerned with what's going on elsewhere and ignoring what's happening here. And now we have this debt limit crisis and all that goes with it.

And I hate when they call things like Medicare and Social Security "Entitlement" programs. Yeah we're entitled to it because we've paid into it. I'd be better off putting my money in safe in my house. At least I'll see it again when I'm 67 or 75 or whatever the age will be when I get there.

Well, I disagree that he's doing the best he can. He is giving way too much away to corporate interests. I now firmly believe he's a closet repug.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information