Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Report in: Tell us your voting experience!

I am kind of nervous, there are so many McCain suppporters out here in hickville.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Did he run on the "bring back pop rocks and fireworks" platform? Because if he did, I am so voting for him.
    It was a very energetic campaign in which he covered many issues such as Bumblebee, Spiderman, transformer fruit snacks, grilled cheese sandwiches and brushing his teeth. He was stumped by gotcha questions regarding fireworks because Mommy won't let him play with them. I honestly don't know what he was talking about half the time but his confidence in Texas was inspirational.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by flipstick View Post
    I'm taking my oldest son in with me and letting him vote for Obama. I hope they don't stop me from doing that. I want him to remember this day!
    My husband is taking our 4 yr old with him later tonight--she likes pressing the levers. They let her do it last time, hopefully they will tonight. Either way, she needs to see it, be part of it, and know that it is just what you do you know?? I remember being shlepped along w/my parents and not loving it, but yet, I have a fond appreciation for it now. Odd.

Good for you for taking him!! He'll remember it!!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Thanks! He loves Obama. He reminds me of my son a bit as well so I do have to admit that I'm biased. But to see my son so excited about a candidate, well gee we're all a bit jaded after a while aren't we? Its nice to see someone believe again.

^^Maybe, if you are able, take a picture of him tonight before you go to the polls, or even AT the polls---though not sure they would allow that. Just to show your son later in life. When history was made!!

I live in Northern NJ and I just came back from voting. The whole experience took less than 20 minutes, from leaving my home, going in to vote, and returning home. There were no lines. I was so pleased to cast my vote for Barack Obama. I too, felt like I was contibuting to a historic event. For the first time in 8 years, I feel excited about where my country is going. It's like a dark cloud is lifting.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    ^^Maybe, if you are able, take a picture of him tonight before you go to the polls, or even AT the polls---though not sure they would allow that. Just to show your son later in life. When history was made!!

Great idea!!!!!!!

I may be getting ahead of myself here but I am already picking out what outfit I am going to wear to the Inauguration!!!

Good idea sluce! I will have to let the side seams out on my gown, I've put on a bit of weigh. I wish I had taken tomorrow off and stayed up for it all to come down or up if Obama wins!
    I have a question. When paper ballet used how are the votes tallied? Does the machine tally the votes?

I won't need a gown since we do not have tickets to the balls just the swearing in ceremony. I need to look nice but still need to stay warm!!

Cool! Maybe we'll see you on tv.

Oh yea, lets have a serious party on inauguration night!

Just got back from voting and about 10 people total were voting so it was quick and easy.

The poll workers said about 25% of the registered voters (that are required to report to that polling location) have voted already at 2:30pm.

All the poll workers looked in their late teens to 20's and the voters there looked in their 20's and 30's. I saw Obama bumper stickers in the parking lot, but no McCain stickers. I was staring at the cars so I could report back to you guys. LOL

I voted for Obama, against California Prop 8 so gays retain the right to marry and I voted against forcing young girls to tell their parents if they are pregnant and want an abortion.

I'm excited, you guys!!!

Oh and my 1 year old went with me to vote. She held my print out so I could double check my prop voting. She was quiet the whole time and was so good for me. The only time she made a sound is when she heard a crow and called it a "bow wow" (dog).

She got a "I voted" sticker and I took a picture of her with it on her forehead so she can see she helped vote in a historic election!!

Oh and every election I have voted in has had paper ballots, where you fill in the bubbles. I was hoping we would have something electronic this year. I live in southern CA, where it's super populated. Why do we still have paper ballots?!

My brother lives near Joe Biden and passes his house on his way home from work. He said there are people in front of Joe's house holding up signs that say THANK YOU JOE!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information