Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Report in: Tell us your voting experience!

I voted last week-hubby & I. Waited maybe 10 minutes-long line,moving quickly. The main thing was the number of people smiling. Everyone was happy to be voting-as if a big weight was lifed off our shoulders. Have you ever seen an election where there was joy involved? Usually it is a bore & chore-not this time. My husband-who never in his life voted for anything not Republican, decided on his own to vote for Obama. We ran gleefully back to our car and giggled all the way home.

JKM-I am proud of your son winning Texas! Good job!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

3 hours and fifteen minutes until the first polls close!!!!! Yikes! I am freaking out at work (but shoving fries and a corn dog down just the same.)
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Yikes - MSNBC is reporting voting machine malfunctions in Ohio and Virginia. Not good...
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Kingcap and SSDiva---I am with Lily and say that those are probably the most moving words I have also read on this board. WOW. Thank you.

Now I'm freaking teary....seriously. We take so much for granted.

Thanks for sharing those thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    Yikes - MSNBC is reporting voting machine malfunctions in Ohio and Virginia. Not good...
    Yeah I don't like that at all. Especially when they are both playing such a huge role in who wins this election.

McJag, I feel exactly like your post!

I voted last Tuesday,taking advantage of early voting. The wait was reasonable,but as I was leaving people really started to line up and I'm sure that the wait got a hell of a lot longer than what I waited after I left.

I just hope everyone gets out and votes. I have convinced several of my family members to vote for Obama,but my sister and her husband don't vote at all and never will by the looks of things. It's pathetic.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I'll have to see what traffic is like near where I voted this morning; it was very quiet. My precinct contains a chunk of River Oaks so I wonder how they voted... I hate to say it but I'm sure a ton of them voted straight Republican... I hate straight party voting. I print out the ballot in advance and google the fuck out of everyone.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Elite Member

I tried to vote early 2X -- the lines were really long and I decided that if I had to wait, I'd rather do it on election day. Went after work this afternoon and I was in and out in less than 5 minutes -- no line!!!

I dropped my son off at kindergarten and told him I was going to vote for the next president this morning. He asked me who I'm going to vote for, and when I told him, "Barack Obama," I was surprised at how good it felt to say that. My heart actually felt like it was rising up a little.

I live in the California county where the severed sheep's head (not actually a goat's, as I understand it) was left on the doorstep of Charlie Brown's office. We are a strongly divided Democrat/Republican county, despite being in California.

There were "Yes on Proposition 8" people standing across from my polling place, waving signs. One of them was a kid, and I couldn't help being miffed that people are teaching a child that it's right to campaign against gay marriage.

Voting was incident-free. I waited about five minutes. There will be more voters later today.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    JKM-I am proud of your son winning Texas! Good job!
    I want to know if you voted for her son McJag
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Shhhh don't tell my son but I totally voted for Obama.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Shhhh don't tell my son but I totally voted for Obama.

Did he run on the "bring back pop rocks and fireworks" platform? Because if he did, I am so voting for him.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    ^^Its really great to be a tiny part of history isn't it? And it's been fun on the board for sure through it all, even if we don't all agree.

I'm taking my oldest son in with me and letting him vote for Obama. I hope they don't stop me from doing that. I want him to remember this day!

I just voted. I let my 15 yo daughter push the buttons. Voted turn out is much higher than expected in my community. Sadly, a lot of the Villanova students are not on the books. They are asking for provisional ballots but several admitted they had never registered but thought they could just show up and vote! Have they had their heads stuck in the sand all this time. There have been so many events on campus to get them registered and now they say they didn't understand. Thankfully most are registered and are on the books so they are voting without problem.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information