Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Report in: Tell us your voting experience!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Alice, who's calling those states for Obama? I want to read the story.
    me! i am

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

The results are in for Texas; turns out a 3 year old took the entire state.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

^^Were they voting for Palin's unborn grandchild?
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I dropped off my ballot back on the 25th, but I saved my "I Voted" sticker for today so I can get my free Starbucks and Krispy Kreme.

Ben & Jerry's is also offering ice cream between 5-8 today if anyone lives near a location.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    ^^Were they voting for Palin's unborn grandchild?
    No, I was talking about the election last night with my son and being all excited about it and he declared that he is going to win Texas.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Just finished voting. Took me less than 10 minutes. When I clicked that X for Obama's name I felt like I was voting for my grandparents and other family members that didn't live to see this day. I never felt this much weight behind any vote that I ever cast.

The funny thing was as I was standing on line this older white woman, Russian or Polish, who was walking out turned and told me 'you look just like him.' I was like 'yeah, I've been getting that lately. Even though I don't see it, there are worse people to be compared to." She smiled and said 'I just voted for him.' I smiled back and gave her the thumbs up. It was a cool moment.

Although I did feel bad for this one guy that was having a problem voting. I guess he had moved and the town he was living in now sent him to my town and they were trying to figure out what to do with him. When I left they were telling him that he might have to go back to the town he just came from.
    Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    I took a moment to look at my ballot before I clicked ok. I thought about all of those times as a little girl I stood in the voting booth with my grandmother, I thought about the stories my grandfather told me about having to pass a comprehension test before he could even be considered eligible to vote. Before I knew it, the tears were flowing again. I was so proud to stand in line for that hour and a half with all those people(majority were young voters). Honestly, this was never about race to me, but it hit me like a ton of bricks that at 32 years old I was able to vote for a Black man as President. Then as we left and I saw the lines and heard the stories coming in over the radio, I sat there in the car and had a moment. I think I'll be having a few more moments today.
    My second best moment today: There was a man and his daughter in line as I was leaving, she was about 6, and she asked him "Daddy, why do you vote?" I could only here him tell her "Because it's my responsibility!"

King, see if you can sign some autographs...
    Aww, you guys are making even me get a little teary eyed.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Just finished voting. Took me less than 10 minutes. When I clicked that X for Obama's name I felt like I was voting for my grandparents and other family members that didn't live to see this day. I never felt this much weight behind any vote that I ever cast.
    awwww what a great story, it makes me tear up, i kno im gonna be crying tonite, i wanted to get out my camera and take a pic of Obama's name there even, i had to pause and stare at it for a good few moments..... i also felt that way when i voted for gay marriage and thought of all my gay friends who have the same freedom as me now, its like WELCOME TO THE 21ST FUCKING CENTURY ALREADY!

its a big step for this country is ahead in so many ways, but sophistically stagnent........u get my drift!

I worked for a local candidate this morning at the polls and I'm going back this evening. LOTS of young voters here, not too many lines (took me 10 minutes to vote, about 45 minutes was the average wait time at other polling places.) Most of all, Portland is positively buzzing with excitement. everyone is smiling at each other on the streets when they see the Obama and "I voted" stickers. there are celebration parties for various local and national candidates all over town tonight, many rented out entire bars. the Obama campaign here rented out the nicest hotel in town for their party.

also - when I worked at the polls from 9am-12pm today, I saw tons of obama stickers, hats, pins, and shirts. not ONE Mccain sticker/shirt, etc. we are exceptionally liberal here, but usually you see a few Mccain supporters around.

I hope Obama wins.
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

I waited 30 minutes. The line moved very quickly. I clicked on Obama/Biden and then went back to make sure I clicked the right thing. I also voted for the senate, etc.
    When it said my vote was recorded i wanted to leave the voting center singing and hopping to "Skip to my Lou." I know that sounds silly but I was so fucking happy to vote this time, like I never have been before in my LIFE.
    I was like, AW YEAH!! I VOTED! Like I had just won an Oscar or something. LOL

The line was really really really long. And the girl behind me let out this impatient sigh and looked irritated. She said, "God, can you believe this?" like she was waiting in line at the grocery store, and I said, "This is a good thing, this long line." She said, "Yeah, but...." and I turned back around and listened to my iPod.

^ lol yeah the line was long when it usually isn't at my precinct, but it was cool with me, i kno how they were all voting so i just smiled.

*walks up behind her and slaps her full in the face*

HUSH YOUR MOUTH.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    The results are in for Texas; turns out a 3 year old took the entire state.

Please to make Obama win, guys!

I wish I could've voted in this.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information