Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Report in: Tell us your voting experience!

I dropped off my ballot back on the 25th, but I saved my "I Voted" sticker for today so I can get my free Starbucks and Krispy Kreme.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Just finished voting. Took me less than 10 minutes. When I clicked that X for Obama's name I felt like I was voting for my grandparents and other family members that didn't live to see this day. I never felt this much weight behind any vote that I ever cast.

The funny thing was as I was standing on line this older white woman, Russian or Polish, who was walking out turned and told me 'you look just like him.' I was like 'yeah, I've been getting that lately. Even though I don't see it, there are worse people to be compared to." She smiled and said 'I just voted for him.' I smiled back and gave her the thumbs up. It was a cool moment.

Although I did feel bad for this one guy that was having a problem voting. I guess he had moved and the town he was living in now sent him to my town and they were trying to figure out what to do with him. When I left they were telling him that he might have to go back to the town he just came from.
    I took a moment to look at my ballot before I clicked ok. I thought about all of those times as a little girl I stood in the voting booth with my grandmother, I thought about the stories my grandfather told me about having to pass a comprehension test before he could even be considered eligible to vote. Before I knew it, the tears were flowing again. I was so proud to stand in line for that hour and a half with all those people(majority were young voters). Honestly, this was never about race to me, but it hit me like a ton of bricks that at 32 years old I was able to vote for a Black man as President. Then as we left and I saw the lines and heard the stories coming in over the radio, I sat there in the car and had a moment. I think I'll be having a few more moments today.
    My second best moment today: There was a man and his daughter in line as I was leaving, she was about 6, and she asked him "Daddy, why do you vote?" I could only hear him tell her "Because it's my responsibility!"

King, see if you can sign some autographs...
    Last edited by *DIVA!; November 4th, 2008 at 04:01 PM. Reason: stupidity
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I got the Free Starbucks,but there's no Krispy near me.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post
    I got the Free Starbucks,but there's no Krispy near me.
    When I cheat and go back by tonight, I'll eat one for you.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I voted this morning. WOO HOO! Go NADER!

*snort laugh*

but really, I voted for that Irish guy, Barry O'Bama.

Just finished voting. Took me less than 10 minutes. When I clicked that X for Obama's name I felt like I was voting for my grandparents and other family members that didn't live to see this day. I never felt this much weight behind any vote that I ever cast.
    This is one of the most moving things I've read in a while on this board.

^^Thanks, Lily. It was a moving experience.

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    I took a moment to look at my ballot before I clicked ok. I thought about all of those times as a little girl I stood in the voting booth with my grandmother, I thought about the stories my grandfather told me about having to pass a comprehension test before he could even be considered eligible to vote. Before I knew it, the tears were flowing again. I was so proud to stand in line for that hour and a half with all those people(majority were young voters). Honestly, this was never about race to me, but it hit me like a ton of bricks that at 32 years old I was able to vote for a Black man as President. Then as we left and I saw the lines and heard the stories coming in over the radio, I sat there in the car and had a moment. I think I'll be having a few more moments today.
    My second best moment today: There was a man and his daughter in line as I was leaving, she was about 6, and she asked him "Daddy, why do you vote?" I could only here him tell her "Because it's my responsibility!"

That's a good story,SS. I felt that same way, too. And I saw a black guy bringing his son with him to vote, holding his hand, and it was just a nice sight to see.

And Obama's race was a secondary factor for me, but being in that voting booth and pressing that X for Obama it started hitting me that I was actually voting for a black man to be president and I had to pause for a second. I mean that was something I NEVER thought I'd be doing in my lifetime. If Obama wins I think it'll take a few days for it to sink in. But even beyond just his race, Obama is the right person at the right time to be President. But watching his rallies and seeing the people of ALL races supporting him, I think Obama has reached that point where he just transcends race. And that's a damn good thing to see. Makes me think that America is slowly moving toward Martin Luther's King's dream.

And I'll be putting my fake-ass Obama autographs up on eBay like Palin did with her plane.

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    My second best moment today: There was a man and his daughter in line as I was leaving, she was about 6, and she asked him "Daddy, why do you vote?" I could only here him tell her "Because it's my responsibility!"

I have been so weepy over this election. I began as a strong Clinton supporter. When she lost I really began to explore the candidates. Obama is more in line with my beliefs and dreams for this country. I had some reservations about his experience. He overcame that by proving he is able to make good choices in who he surrounds himself with as advisors. I have been voting since 1981, this is my 7th Presidential election and I am more excited than I have ever been. Stories like yours and Kings make me even more weepy. I believe this is a great day for America.

Now you guys are making me weepy. It reminds me that my mother, who is only 58 years old, was prohibited BY LAW from starting kindgergarten until the harvest was season over, and now look where we are. I didn't vote for Obama because he is black, I'm still not totally convinced he's the right man to lead this country (he's just the best option we have), but it's definitely a moment in time that we must remember; a black man is a serious contender for leader of the free world...and he's only 12 years younger than my mother.

what happened to that comprehension test?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Poll folks were really nice and very helpful. That has not always been the experience.
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

If this election turns out to be a damn tie or something I'm going to be pissed.

Wisconsinite over here...got to the polling place around 10:30am central time...there was a line of about 45 people but thanks to the number of voting booths inside I was up and voting by 11:20....one thing I noticed was that there were a lot of young people in line and a lot of them were excited and downright giddy to vote.

It made me proud as a second-time presidential voter to see a demographic I didn't see much of in '04....I'm really excited and optimistic that it's gonna our way tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    what happened to that comprehension test?
    They were unconstitutional because they only gave them to blacks.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Pfft. They should give them to EVERYBODY. Weed out the morons.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Like they do in Canada

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information