Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rep.: Half of House Dems may vote Hillary Clinton at DNC

Elite Member

My priority is getting a Democrat in the White house. I think I've been pretty clear that I am prepared to vote for the democratic nominee, whomever that might be. But, I do think Hillary is far more qualified than Obama who has only served one year in the US Senate before he started running for President. Also, please remember that BO did not reach the magic 1,600 delegates during the primary, and will not actually be the nominee until and unless he wins a sufficient number of superdelegates in the balloting at the convention. If BO wants to get HRC to stand down and lock up the nomination, then he needs to offer her the VP spot before the convention's roll call vote. By waiting until the vote, he runs the risk off HRC getting a majority of the superdelegates, in which case BO might be the one to get offered the VP spot. And boy would there be a lot of chagrin to pass around then.

The whole thing is idiotic. Clinton should have bowed out gracefully instead of upstaging BO for a longshot assraping at the last minute.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    My priority is getting a Democrat in the White house. I think I've been pretty clear that I am prepared to vote for the democratic nominee, whomever that might be. But, I do think Hillary is far more qualified than Obama who has only served one year in the US Senate before he started running for President. Also, please remember that BO did not reach the magic 1,600 delegates during the primary, and will not actually be the nominee until and unless he wins a sufficient number of superdelegates in the balloting at the convention. If BO wants to get HRC to stand down and lock up the nomination, then he needs to offer her the VP spot before the convention's roll call vote. By waiting until the vote, he runs the risk off HRC getting a majority of the superdelegates, in which case BO might be the one to get offered the VP spot. And boy would there be a lot of chagrin to pass around then.
    That is what I keep trying to get across to no avail. There is a definite risk of HRC wrangling the nom away from BO, and I don't care what "safeguards" he thinks he's put in place. What are the safeguards, anyway? Armed guards? There are no reliable safeguards against such an eventuality.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    Obama was in the Senate for more than a year before he began running for president. And what makes Hillary more qualified than Obama? The fact that Hillary had to lie and say she was under sniper fire in Bosnia just proves that being First Lady does not qualify you to be President. Obama built his political career from scratch, whereas Hillary owes her ENTIRE political career to Bill Clinton.

And Obama shouldn't have to offer Hillary the VP slot for her to stand down. Hillary should accept the fact that she LOST and start putting the needs of the party over her own selfish interests. But the fact that she can't goes back to what I was saying during the primaries, she has a sense of entitlement to the presidency just because her husband was president. Bush had that same sense of entitlement back in 2000, and we all know how that turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    That is what I keep trying to get across to no avail. There is a definite risk of HRC wrangling the nom away from BO, and I don't care what "safeguards" he thinks he's put in place. What are the safeguards, anyway? Armed guards? There are no reliable safeguards against such an eventuality.
    Hillary is not going to wrangle the nomination away from Obama. If she did, it would be political suicide for her.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^You would think her racist spewing and sucking up to neocons during the primaries would be political suicide but it wasn't.

And like I said, if some kind of scandal, manufactured or not, hits BO before or during the convention all bets are off.

Elite Member

Boys and Girls, he did not actually get to 1,600 in the primaries. Unless he gets the majority of superdelegates, he is no more the actual nominee that Clinton is, despite what you would like to believe. This is the way the democratic party in its 'wisdom' set up the primaries. Now they will have to let the process finish and when the convention is over we will have a nominee, whether it's one or the other. And yes, we need election reform in our party before the next general election.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information