Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rep. Dennis Kucinich introduces 35 Articles of Impeachment against President Bush

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

War criminals are brought to justice years later all the time.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    Impeaching would save money. People will get their heads around the fact that the war was a lie, an impeachment can't possibly cost several billion dollars a month.
    No it would not save us any money. The process takes so long and he will be out of office before there would be a hearing. While we waited all the war spending would remain uneffected.

The war is costing a fortune, but the fact is that huge amounts of money in the 'war funding bills' is not for the war.

It's pork added in by both parties.

Here's just some of the gems running to $20 Billion in pork on just one war funding bill:

$100 million for the two major political parties' 2008 conventions - $50 million for the Democrats' convention in Denver, Colorado, and $50 million for the Republicans' convention in St. Paul, Minnesota.

$3.5 million for guided Capitol tours.

$13 million for something called the "Ewe Lamb Replacement and Retention Program."

$24 million for sugar beet growers

$3 million for sugar cane

$31 million to extend the "Milk Income Loss Contract" program

$2.1 million for crop production losses.

$40 million for the "Tree Assistance Program."

$20 million for "insect infestation damage reimbursements" in Nevada, Idaho and Utah.

$166 million toward "fisheries disaster relief."

$25 million for "asbestos abatement at the Capitol Power Plant,"

$23 million for "geothermal research and development."

$74 million for "peanut storage,"

$25 million for spinach growers

$283 million for dairy farmers.

$4 million for the "Office of Women's Health" at the Food and Drug Administration.

$5 million for tropical fish breeders and transporters for losses due to virus.

$60 million for the National Marine Fisheries Service, "to be distributed among fishing communities, Indian tribes, individuals, small businesses, including fishermen, fish processors, and related businesses, and other persons for assistance to mitigate the economic and other social effects caused by" commercial fishery failures.

$400 million for "wildland fire suppression."

It's not really as if either side can claim to be fiscally responsible when they use our money this way. Cut down on this type of bullshit, and that will save the US some money
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

um... all that stuff looks like responsible social investment, unless it's all a crock.

Ok, the dem and repuke conventions dont need 50 mil, and the tours thing is silly..

but the environmental stuff is probably needed, no?

I'd rather all that than a stupid war which helps nobody
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

SVZ

A lot of that money just ends up being wasted due to bureaucracy...

We contracted and designed our geothermal arena for on a budget of like...$6000...the final building cost 2 million.

Impeachment for someone going out of office during a costly war isn't any more of a "waste" than the Nuremberg trials were. The Nazis had already lost the war and went out of power, but war crimes are war crimes, even (especially! ) if the damage has already been done.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    um... all that stuff looks like responsible social investment, unless it's all a crock.

Ok, the dem and repuke conventions dont need 50 mil, and the tours thing is silly..

Grimm, this money is raised by the party's, it doesn't come from the tax payers.

Impeaching him now is just silly. He only has 8 months to go. They didn't have the votes a few years back, and they don't have them now.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

Go, Dennis, Go!

Largely futile gesture but I love the symbolism of it.

I don't think it will be successful, but thanks to my boy Dennis Kucinich, the Impeachment of George W. Bush it will be in the Congressional Record even if it isn't in the mainstream media.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    Grimm, this money is raised by the party's, it doesn't come from the tax payers.

Impeaching him now is just silly. He only has 8 months to go. They didn't have the votes a few years back, and they don't have them now.

Not to be pedantic, but the money for each parties convention that was tacked onto the war funding bill is not from the party's, it's from the taxpayers....it's public funding.

the party puts up it's own money that it has raised in addition to these funds from Congress...but the taxpayers pick up the $50 mill each party gets for this convention
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^^ That's why I say no to political contributions on my taxes. Talk about waste.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    Impeachment for someone going out of office during a costly war isn't any more of a "waste" than the Nuremberg trials were. The Nazis had already lost the war and went out of power, but war crimes are war crimes, even (especially! ) if the damage has already been done.

Impeachment is a purely political remedy for high political crimes. Even if he's convicted in the Senate the most that can happen is that he loses his title and all pensions and benefits.

What is needed for BushCo. are criminal trials before the Hague for War Crimes and Crimes Against Humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetopia View Post
    Go, Dennis, Go!

Largely futile gesture but I love the symbolism of it.
    I agree.
    I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep.
    That's deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?---Jean Kerr

Silver Member

Everyone knows you can only get impeached if you get a blowjob and then lie about it. Nothing else is impeachable.

IMO, its comforting to know this option is at least on the table. That way, if he starts trying to move ahead on his Iran threats, or anything else, this can be expedited.

I also think this is mostly an important symbolic gesture, so that 200 years from now people can't look back on this time as being 100% in support of Bush. At least these charges have been formally put on the books.

And I agree, its a hell of a list. Gave me chills reading over it. To think that we've gone so, so far astray. I've been well aware of it the whole time, but reading the entire list is sickening.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information