Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: -= Remember When? =-

Default Re: -= Remember When? =-

*guffaw*
    Vegetarian - Old Indian word for "Bad Hunter"

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo
    *three musketeers*
    Off-topic YET once again, I see. Tangents, however logical, are still off-topic.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia
    Off-topic YET once again, I see. Tangents, however logical, are still off-topic.
    dwarf lover
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

*winces* LOW blow there, Sojita.

*winces* LOW blow there, Sojita.
    You know i am just teasing now

*remembers may want to try and get some free online therapy*
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Jokes are off-topic? *brays*

^^It was actually a good one, I was just a JBF.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Back on topic:

You know what, I am sick and tired of hearing that the war on Iraq had nothing to do with the terrorism wrought on our country. I am also sick and tired of hearing that we deserved 9/11. The fact that you overlook the innocent lives lost in 9/11 by terrorists, by saying that the dead deserved it because of our government, and the fact that you gloss over the atrocities done by Saddam Hussein in order to point out how our government is going there for oil, makes me wonder how your country would act if threatened. Why are you so concerned about another countries' civil liberties, when you apparently don't give a fuck about those murdered on 9/11?????
    Sorry Mushy, but that is crap. Saddam was not a nice guy, no doubt about it, but he had nothing to do with 911 and I think we all know that. And if we're going to go around ridding the world of dictators and rotten leaders who torture and abuse thier citizens, we'll be busy for a very long time. In all actuallity, we've left Afghanistan to slowly be taken over once again by the Taliban, when really, shouldn't that have been our main area of concern? But Afghanistan doesn't have oil or anything else the bushies really want. Maybe poppy for opiates, but then they'd have to legalize heroin. At the end of the day, Osama is on the lose, Bush has pissed away every ounce of good will our country ever had and made a major cockup of his wars.

And to compare concern about civil liberties and illegal activities with 911 is not only naive, it's incredibly insulting. Apples and oranges, chalk and cheese, call it what you want. I don't see how one has much to do with the other. And I have to agree, to an extent, with those who say the U.S. is becoming a facist state. It's happening slowly, in increments, but don't doubt that it's happening. And quite frankly, trying to paint anyone who is worried about where our government is taking us as unpatriotic or similar is Bush-behavior to a T. Give me a break.

Oh, and getting a blow job in the Oval Office is irrelevant. The man likes to get his whistle blown. Big fucking deal.
    Last edited by buttmunch; April 4th, 2006 at 11:58 AM.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Oh, and getting a blow job in the Oval Office is irrelevant. The man likes to get his whistle blown. Big fucking deal.
    I could care less about that. There are other more serious things I hold against Clinton.

The thing that has just completely pissed me off about the entire taking out Saddam is that it exposes the hypocricy of our own government yet again. We were on friendly terms with Iraq before the Kuwaiti invasion, Saddam came to our government and asked them what our response would be if he decided to invade Kuwait. Our people assured him we would do nothing because it was a regional squabble between him and the Kuwaitis.

It's all such bullshit..

You know what, I am sick and tired of hearing that the war on Iraq had nothing to do with the terrorism wrought on our country.
    It must be hard to be sick of the truth. I guess believing a lie is easier than confronting reality.

I am also sick and tired of hearing that we deserved 9/11.
    Not sure about DESERVING IT (at least the innocent people who died, the national prestige of the USA is another matter given its history) but successive governments of the USA certainly had a hand in instigating it. That's also truth. It's in the history books.

Creating a national victim complex that is based (however falsely) on absolute innocence of how 9/11 came about does a disservice to all the people that died on that day. Shame on anybody who whitewashes history so they don't have to collectively look themselves in the mirror.

The fact that you overlook the innocent lives lost in 9/11 by terrorists
    3000 is a big number, but so is the 30,000 and 100,000 (depending who you ask) that have died so far in Iraq, who had nothing to do with 9/11. Do 3000 lives justify 30,000 or 100,000, or vice versa? No. No loss of life justifies more in this way.

by saying that the dead deserved it because of our government, and the fact that you gloss over the atrocities done by Saddam Hussein in order to point out how our government is going there for oil, makes me wonder how your country would act if threatened.
    Nobody said innocent people deserved to die, but the actions of the US gov precipitated this kind of reaction. Cause, effect. It didn't just happen out of thin air.

As for Saddam, you want to talk about glossing over atrocities then go back to 1983 when the US was conveniently looking the other way as Saddam engaged in those atrocities. The only reason he became the big evil spectre is because 1) He invaded Kuwait for the express reason of garnering more clout over oil prices through control of the oilfields, essentially to drive them up outside of the Saudi controlled OPEC system (the Bush clan wouldn't make any money in this way). That's it. It's about MONEY, like everything else to do with military conquests.

This crap about 'atrocities' didn't seem to matter when Saddam was useful for keeping Iran in check and when he obeyed US demands. The minute he stepped outside of that, SMACK. Down came the mighty hand of capitalism, wrapped in the flag waving and 'freedom loving' crap that the sheep so easily buy into.

So don't use that pathetic, disproven crap to justify what is essentially a war for greed. Yes Saddam was a bad guy, but that wasn't the reason he was deposed. and pretending otherwise is naive and silly. Nobody spends 500 billion on a nice gesture with no return on investment.

Thirdly, my country HAS been threatened. I believe we're number 3 or 4 on 'Osama's' hitlist. That's why we're part if the distateful yet somehow necessary operation in Afghanistan.. you know, the place that actually had something to do with 9/11 that has been abandoned to warlords and brigands by the US who trashed the place? Riiiight. that place.

Why are you so concerned about another countries' civil liberties, when you apparently don't give a fuck about those murdered on 9/11?????
    Because the 2 aren't connected? What do civil liberties have to do with a bunch of people who got offed? Do I have to care the same amount about 1 that I do for the other for either of them to be valid?

Are fascism and theocracy a direct result of not caring enough about victims of 9/11?

I don't get it.
    Last edited by Grimmlok; April 4th, 2006 at 12:00 PM.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

And let us not forget that the U.S. cozied up to Saddam when they were fully aware that he was committing atrocities against his people. Anyone have that lovely photo of smiling Rummy and Saddam handy? The same goes for Afghanistan. Who do you think supported the Taliban in their fight against the Soviets, arming and training them? The CIA. We reap what we sow.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Unless you're a Republican, cuz then you just sweep all that under the carpet and scream your innocence despite Rotten Ronnie having ordered it all.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information