Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Religious right isn't happy with Pres Obama, which means he's doing everything right

Well, she should be flogged. Not by you, cynic, you'd like it
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Obama is trying to stop the economy from completely tanking because of the failing banks, failing auto industry, the failing housing market and rising unemployment. Plus, deal with global warming, healthcare and education. Not to mention dealing with two wars, and all of the other leftover baggage from the Bush years. He's been 'multitasking' since he came into office less than 2 months ago.
    Yes sir!

.........no,.....I'm the floggee......not the flogger......

...and frankly....I'd like to bomb Washington and start over with the big hole in the ground.....all politicians are idiots....it comes with the job.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Yes sir!
    To Sir, With Love.

Bronze Member

The more i hear "Obama should debate Rush" the more mystified i am. Why wld a POTUS (i don't care who it is) debate a radio show host...a ridiculous clownish radio show host for that matter, just to make a bunch of wingnuts feel better(which they won't). There is no pleasing these people. I wld be upset if he did but we know he won't, so good!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    it has nothing to do with it, it's just politico.com (right leaning bullshit site) trying to connect issues that have nothing in common to start shit.
    Um, no, Politico is a news company that focuses strictly on politics. There are other similar companies here in DC that focus on Capitol Hill politics. Politico is just more internet-savvy. They've started printing a free daily political newspaper here in DC.

Their mission statement is here: POLITICO - POLITICO.com

And, if Politico were right-wing, then why did they help support a Democratic Presidential Candidate debate in January 2008? The Politico - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "Oh! I've been looking for a red suede pump!"
    - Marie (Carrie Fisher), When Harry Met Sally

I said right leaning, especially lately. There's been a shift in their reporting. Pretty much everybody on the blogosphere has noticed. Ben Smith's blog on there has remained relatively unbiased though.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^ Perhaps it's just a current stream of articles that causing that impression? I just started picking it up and reading it, so I can't say that I'm a long time reader.

However, so far it is proving to be more about the political game than about this policy being better than that one. It's more Dems are plotting this to handle X, Repubs think they can counter with Y, no one's sure how policy Z is going to play out. For instance, yesterday there was a lengthy article analyzing potential 2010 Democratic candidates for Burris' seat. (Alexi Giannoulias was pictured, and dang, he's hot!)

I also usually don't have time to read editorials, so perhaps that is the source of the potential current slant?

BTW, I'm late to this thread, and it seems that chattykathy's post(s) that everyone was quoting have disappeared! (unless I am just totally missing something)

Quote Originally Posted by Little Wombat View Post
    ^ Perhaps it's just a current stream of articles that causing that impression? I just started picking it up and reading it, so I can't say that I'm a long time reader.

However, so far it is proving to be more about the political game than about this policy being better than that one. It's more Dems are plotting this to handle X, Repubs think they can counter with Y, no one's sure how policy Z is going to play out. For instance, yesterday there was a lengthy article analyzing potential 2010 Democratic candidates for Burris' seat. (Alexi Giannoulias was pictured, and dang, he's hot!)

I also usually don't have time to read editorials, so perhaps that is the source of the potential current slant?
    Well the current article in this thread is an example.. there's no mention of the stupidity of the content, how what's mentioned has nothing in common and yet it's simply parroted. It's subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Wombat View Post
    BTW, I'm late to this thread, and it seems that chattykathy's post(s) that everyone was quoting have disappeared! (unless I am just totally missing something)
    Hmm, curious. You are correct, they seem to have disappeared.

not for me, i can see them

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Well the current article in this thread is an example.. there's no mention of the stupidity of the content, how what's mentioned has nothing in common and yet it's simply parroted. It's subtle.
    Was Politico.com quoted in this thread? If so, I can't find it. Just curious.

I can't see them either anymore. Did she put some of us on ignore and that's why we can't see them?

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    I can't see them either anymore. Did she put some of us on ignore and that's why we can't see them?
    I don't know, but I can't see them either...strange. I think if we were on ignore, she couldn't see our posts...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information