Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Religious retards once again trying to shove creationist shit into Texas schools

Quote Originally Posted by chattykathy View Post
    It can't be recreated, so it can't be proven.
    And thus, the crux of the scientific theory comes to light! Hypotheses proven by experiments that can be REPRODUCED again and again to get comparable results.

Because God created it.
    We've recreated things "god" apparently created in the first place.. and some he never thought of.

Maybe if the gov't wasn't trying to ban homeschooling, they could homeschool their kids, and this wouldn't be an issue.
    Yes, and then you'd have religiously educated buffoons trying to get jobs they weren't qualified for and would never land, thus ensuring a continuing cycle of poverty and welfare cases.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Wombat View Post
    Well, history can't be recreated either. Should we not teach history either?
    History doesn't fall under the purview of science anyway.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Actually, I think churches should discuss evolution and the big bang.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/347448.aspx
    ""Somebody needs to talk to Alex Castellanos: he may not be doing sex right if he thinks an Obama speech is 'like sex'."~ Rush Limbaugh

Churches should stick to imaginary sky beings, and science should get on with enlightening the human race.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

It can't be recreated, so it can't be proven. Because God created it. Maybe if the gov't wasn't trying to ban homeschooling, they could homeschool their kids, and this wouldn't be an issue.
    where on earth did you hear about the government trying to ban homeschooling? My daughter homeschooled and found tons of support. She just stayed away from the fundies.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/347448.aspx
    How would they be qualified to discuss science?
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

^ Maybe they could hire Grim?

I would have to wear a suit to protect me from the holy water.

That shit burnnnnnns

Silver Member

There are other religions in the world too and they have their own theories about how God/-s/some higher spirit developed the world. Those should be added then as well to be equal. Their versions are just as true as the one made by christians.

Just keep the two separate. Science is science and religion is religion.

And never the twain shall meet, or religion will get giggled at and feel bad.

"There are other religions in the world too and they have their own theories about how God/-s/some higher spirit developed the world. Those should be added then as well to be equal. Their versions are just as true as the one made by christians. "

They should teach that, too. If they are going to tell what they think started it all, why not cover what the major world religions think? And why should Christians not discuss science? Suddenly you can't think and do science experiments if you believe in God? What a load of biased, ignorant bull. The Scientific community has members of all faiths in it, and they still make operate fine.
    ""Somebody needs to talk to Alex Castellanos: he may not be doing sex right if he thinks an Obama speech is 'like sex'."~ Rush Limbaugh

Yes, because they don't insist on claiming their religion as the sole reason everything happens in the laboratory.

Scientist: "I boiled water! PRAISE JESUS!"

They keep it APART.

(except for that tard in Canadian politics)

They should teach that, too. If they are going to tell what they think started it all, why not cover what the major world religions think?
    ERGH! Because it is SCIENCE class. Why is this so hard to understand? "They" can teach comparative religion in, oh, I don't know, Comparative Religion class maybe? Or in cultural anthropology, sociology, history... you know, the many, many places it can belong? It is not science. It has nothing whatsoever to do with science. Thus it does belong in a science class. They don't teach painting in music class, they don't teach fucking cooking in history class and they shouldn't teach religion in science class.

You want to make a Comparative Religion course a required part of the curriculum, be my guest, it would be good for people to have an awareness of what people around the world believe. But keep religious myth out of the science classroom.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

It's taxpayer money, if the parents want something taught in the schools, they are paying for it, it ought to at least be mentioned.
    Okay what about this scenario. Clearwater, Fl is the $cientology mecca (yes I'm Xenu-ing this discussion) and say they want Hubbard's shit taught in schools. They are taxpayers and $cientology is legally a religion, should Hubbard's tech be taught in public schools? Would you not fight to keep this religion curriculum out of public school curriculum?
    Or would you just say "it's taxpayer money, if the parents want something taught in the schools, they are paying for it, it ought to at least be mentioned?"

I have no problem with religion being taught in public school's as long as it's in the appropriate class, and doesn't dominate the curriculum. During Social Studies in grade 8, we learned about the major religions/their origins and beliefs but it stayed in the appropriate class.
    I went to school in the bible belt of BC, and never had to deal with the evolution/creationism bullshit.

It can't be recreated, so it can't be proven. Because God created it. Maybe if the gov't wasn't trying to ban homeschooling, they could homeschool their kids, and this wouldn't be an issue.
    Seriously???? And creationists can prove god created it? If 'hard-core' creationists want to use this logic, shouldn't they be held to the same 'standards,' regarding proof, that scientists are in regards to evolution?
    You can ask one side for proof without offering up some valid proof of your (creationists) own.

If creationists want proof that evolution happens, I want scientific proof that god created it.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information