Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Religious retards once again trying to shove creationist shit into Texas schools

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    um actually there are different speeds of evolutions... microevolution and macroevolution.

I give you, as an example of microevolutionary natural selection, a species of snake in australia i read about sometime back. An invasive toad was introduced and spread like wildfire because it had no natural enemies. This toad was also quite poisonous. The Cane toad, i believe.

Anyhow, a predatory species of snake kept trying to eat this rather large toad, and kept dying off as a result of said toad being rather poisonous. However, an interesting thing happened... the snakes who didnt have heads large enough to swallow the toads lived on, while the snakes with heads large enough to ingest the toads died. THe small heads kept breeding, the large heads died off.

The snake species is doing fine now, thanks to this natural selection and weeding out of an undesirable trait, that of having a large head. Voila microevolution.
    Refresh me on evolution...is it all about adaption to environment or is there more to it? Is there any more evidence than these observations of microevolution or fossil records?

Again, I don't see how evolutionary theory is mutually exclusive with the belief in a creator putting things in motion.

What do you know of the Big Bang Theory? Isn't that how atheists believe the universe was created? Have they been able to replicate the Big Bang in any way in a lab? What tangible evidence is there for this theory?

Notice how I multi-quoted in my previous post? Hee.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    If God doesn't exsist, where did the science come from
    Science is a blanket term invented by human beings on this planet. It's a term used to describe various disciplines under it that pursue knowledge and technology.

... where did the monkeys we supposedly evolved from, come from...
    Earlier life forms. Have you never seen the chart?

Where did anything come from? All from science? Unlikely. Sorry.
    *rubs temples*

I don't see why anyone has to explain themselves, with their personal religious beliefs... I don't see why it's okay to belittle us for such, either.
    ... because people are trying to shoehorn their religious myths into educational curriculum reserved for SCIENTIFIC STUDY and attempting to claim said religious myth as a credible explanation on par with hard science bact with fact and evidence.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    Refresh me on evolution...is it all about adaption to environment or is there more to it?
    Most of it, adaptation to environment, food sources, climate.. all this spurs evolution. Niches are built and destroyed, environments change. Changes spur changes.

Is there any more evidence than these observations of microevolution or fossil records?
    Chemical analysis, carbon dating of fossil records... there are usually large gaps between one fossil record and the other, filling in those gaps with intermediary links (missing links) is an ongoing process.. we make discoveries every year in regards to hundreds of extinct species.. seeing what evolved from what.

Again, I don't see how evolutionary theory is mutually exclusive with the belief in a creator putting things in motion.
    It's like stacking a fairy tale on top of a scientific study. Like, here's a complete chemical and biophysical breakdown of this long dead dinosaur, complete with dental records, blood analysis, reproductive habits and oh hey we can CLONE IT if we want to... but first, we have to read this children's book on how an invisible whatsit in the sky made it out of glitter and puppyfarts because of no reason in particular!

What do you know of the Big Bang Theory? Isn't that how atheists believe the universe was created? Have they been able to replicate the Big Bang in any way in a lab?
    Actually they're working on thar right now, in France, using some kind of particle collider

I can't remember if it's built yet.. if it's the megajoule facility, that got pushed back to 2010 but an American facility working on fusion just got started..

What tangible evidence is there for this theory?
    Big Bang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

Thanks, I'll read later...gotta go take DD to preschool and hit the grocery store.

But if they're trying to replicate the big bang with a particle collider, they have to start with something (particles), right?

yes yes, and where did the particles come from, etc. Hence we come full circle to one of my first posts about "how do you have less than zero if nothingness is itself SOMETHING", etc.

First you have to quantify how you have less than nothing, or rather how you quantify existence if (per the big bang theory) everything exploded out from one infinitesimal point (and expands, then contracts to do it all over again).. or parallel dimensions, etc etc

That's why science is fun. There's so much we still don't know. God might be a handy reason to use for something we don't know yet.

Hell, the Greeks thought Zeus made lightning. People thought species could never die out cuz 'god' made each one perfectly.

We know better now.

Nicole, this site is HUGE with the belittling, and occasionally wishing death on Christians. The hate they have for them is mind boggling.

And that particle collider broke recently, without creating a darn thing.
    ""Somebody needs to talk to Alex Castellanos: he may not be doing sex right if he thinks an Obama speech is 'like sex'."~ Rush Limbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by chattykathy View Post
    Nicole, this site is HUGE with the belittling, and occasionally wishing death on Christians. The hate they have for them is mind boggling.
    No, just the assholes who do their best trying to oppress the rest of the planet and insist on injecting their fairy tale nonsense into places it doesnt'; belong like, oh, a science class.

And that particle collider broke recently, without creating a darn thing.
    The one in france isn't built yet, and the one in the US isn't broken.. it's being aligned.

yeah, they are wanting it mentioned, as a possiblity. Like those that what NO religion in science aren't using their beliefs to influence things? Bull.

Faulty Transformer Sidelines World's Largest Particle Collider After 1 Day - cbs5.com

Malfunctioned, broke, aligned, the darn thing quit working after a few hours.
    ""Somebody needs to talk to Alex Castellanos: he may not be doing sex right if he thinks an Obama speech is 'like sex'."~ Rush Limbaugh

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

First you have to quantify how you have less than nothing, or rather how you quantify existence if (per the big bang theory) everything exploded out from one infinitesimal point (and expands, then contracts to do it all over again).. or parallel dimensions, etc etc
    I like the idea that the universe has always been and contracts and explodes, over and over.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

yeah, they are wanting it mentioned, as a possiblity.
    Again, a religious myth that has no scientific backing whatsoever being mentioned in a SCIENCE CLASS as a worthy comparison?

No. It's illogical. It's NOT FACT BASED. There is NO EVIDENCE. There is NO SCIENCE SUPPORTING IT. Why would it be in a science class!@?

Science is about fact, figures, observable phenomena that can be studied. Religious myth is not grounded in scientific theory.

Why is this hard to understand or accept.

Like those that what NO religion in science aren't using their beliefs to influence things? Bull.
    .... yes, how dare science be confined to facts, experimentation, and recordable results instead of unscientific and unobservable fairy tales, myths and legends.

Why not invite in Leprechauns and pink elephants too. Maybe Santa Claus wants a seat at the Nobel institute?

Both of those are about as equally scientifically valid as creationist religious theory. Both don't need any fact or logic behind them for people to believe in them.

Malfunctioned, broke, aligned, the darn thing quit working after a few hours.
    Well, they better just stop altogether then. I mean, it's not like science matters right?

*motions for you to stop using every modern convenience derived from science that you use to write about how science doesn't matter*

Sometimes i just don't have any hope for people.

I never said science didn't matter, and the Bible had lots of correct scientific things long before man got around to discovering it. The Bible mentioned women had seed back when men still believed jacking off in a mud pie would cause a baby to grow in it. Or not eating pork because it has trichonosis.

If they want to cover every religion's idea of how the world got made, fine, let them. You don't live in Texas, what difference does it make to you anyway?

If they want to cover every religion's idea of how the world got made, fine, let them. You don't live in Texas, what difference does it make to you anyway?
    Everybody knows he secretly wants to move here! All those darling Cowboys...
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I never said science didn't matter, and the Bible had lots of correct scientific things long before man got around to discovering it.
    ... the bible was written BY MEN for fucks sake. The bible has no science in it. None.

The Bible mentioned women had seed back when men still believed jacking off in a mud pie would cause a baby to grow in it.
    Yes, it must have been hard to figure out that jizzing in a woman = babies, when jizzing in mud = no result.

That shit must have taken EONS.

Just because someone was mentioned making a fire in the bible doesn't mean anybody understood the chemical properties of combustion.

Or not eating pork because it has trichonosis.
    Yeah, I'm sure they busted out their microscopes made out of coconut shells for that discovery.

No, they figured out that pork didn't keep and made you sick. Same with dairy. Did they know what caused it on a bacterial level? LOL

No, it was cause and effect.

.. because it's fucking WRONG.

It's taxpayer money, if the parents want something taught in the schools, they are paying for it, it ought to at least be mentioned.

LOL what a stupid argument.

Lets teach the theory of Santa Claus, and the tooth fairy, and the pink elephant in science class too, even though there's no science behind any of that.

hey, we're paying for it. Let's teach any old thing as science! Science now has no meaning. It's now "whatever you feel like making up out of thin air" class.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information