Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Racist school teacher in FL against Barack Obama

Would he have gotten fired if he had written a sexist comment on there?
    I somehow bet he would have...

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

I'm trying to wrap my head around how in this day and age this can happen. I have a very conservative born-again Christian friend who told me that they are crazy in Florida. That they are so bigoted and backward it scared her.

I'm also wondering what I, a 58 year old woman would have said if I was in the 7th grade. When I was 12 we traveled from Winnipeg to New Orleans. As we got further south I was so shocked at the treatment of blacks I've never forgotten it and never got over my dislike for the south. I don't think I would have said something out loud in class but I would have to my parents, and that would have been in 1962. Some things NEVER change. Bigotry is there all the time. In some places like this classroom it's right out front, in other places it is just under the surface, but it is there.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Not only should he have been fired, he should be prosecuted for bringing hate speech into the school.

If I had been a child in that class, I would have known that was a terrible thing to do and I would have told my Mom and she would have had some hell raised at that school, called the media, school board, etc.. We are white folks from the South who do not tolerate racism!

That's fucking disgusting. The asshole should never be allowed to teach again.

Besides everything else, I feel bad for any black kids who might've been in his class... can you imagine how embarassed, uncomfortable and demeaned they would have felt? That "teacher" needs to be punished severely.

Quote Originally Posted by katerpillar View Post
    That's fucking disgusting. The asshole should never be allowed to teach again.

Besides everything else, I feel bad for any black kids who might've been in his class... can you imagine how embarassed, uncomfortable and demeaned they would have felt? That "teacher" needs to be punished severely.
    There are teachers who still preach hate in school and get away with it. There are many teachers with questionable ethics who keep their jobs for years.

In the mid nineties, a teacher in my school gave a rant about black students being lazy, less intelligent than whites, and deserving to be treated shabbilly to toughen them up. She despised blacks and let it be known every chance she had.

She also talked about her sex life, her crumbling marriage, her mental issues, and other inappropriate subjects every day. The bitch kept her job for years.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

There are some nutty teachers out there and I've encountered a few, both as a child and as a parent. I may teach the heathens to respect their elders but there is one teacher from the older heathen's past that deserves to be called an insane cow and I allow him to do it (he isn't at that school anymore). I hope if this ever happened within my heathen's hearing they'd stand up for what's right and damn the consequences.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

If you want to sign a petition to get this arsehead canned, here's where yo can do it:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/rem...er-greg-howard
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    There are teachers who still preach hate in school and get away with it. There are many teachers with questionable ethics who keep their jobs for years.

In the mid nineties, a teacher in my school gave a rant about black students being lazy, less intelligent than whites, and deserving to be treated shabbilly to toughen them up. She despised blacks and let it be known every chance she had.

She also talked about her sex life, her crumbling marriage, her mental issues, and other inappropriate subjects every day. The bitch kept her job for years.
    That's horrible.

The good news about this story is that many of the kids were apparently shocked. I would have been shocked, too - most of my peers probably would have been appalled. Thankfully, by the 7th Grade most kids have more or less formed their own basic moral code and are capable of questioning what they're told and thinking independently. When I was that age, I had a habit of distrusting authority on principle.

If he'd said it to, say, a bunch of 3rd Graders it would have been even more disgusting and concerning... ugh.

I can't believe in 2008 people still act like this.

He should, without a doubt and not a minute of hesitation, be fired. Hate is taught enough in some homes, we don't need teacher's doing it too.

Quote Originally Posted by katerpillar View Post
    That's horrible.

The good news about this story is that many of the kids were apparently shocked. I would have been shocked, too - most of my peers probably would have been appalled. Thankfully, by the 7th Grade most kids have more or less formed their own basic moral code and are capable of questioning what they're told and thinking independently. When I was that age, I had a habit of distrusting authority on principle.

If he'd said it to, say, a bunch of 3rd Graders it would have been even more disgusting and concerning... ugh.
    I have been vocal in my criticisms of my former school system since sixth grade. Sadly, they are more scandalous than they are now and will punish the naysaying student way more severely than they ever threatened my schoolmates and me with.

Whores, drunks, dopers, racists, pedos...you name it, they were there. Some are still there!

This fucker should be fired. No question.

Stupid fucker. I'd like to take a metal bat to his skull, right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    I have been vocal in my criticisms of my former school system since sixth grade. Sadly, they are more scandalous than they are now and will punish the naysaying student way more severely than they ever threatened my schoolmates and me with.

Whores, drunks, dopers, racists, pedos...you name it, they were there. Some are still there!
    That's pretty damn infuriating... grr.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information