View Poll Results: Is racism creeping back into US society?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 86.36%
  • No

3 13.64%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is racism creeping back into US society?

I dunno, I'd hazard a guess that if you were there first, its your land lol
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I dunno, I'd hazard a guess that if you were there first, its your land lol
    No friggin' kidding! Aboriginals were replaced by European riff raff that was deported there from Britain, and later fortune seekers from the rest of the continent. It was Aboriginal country FIRST.

Same as with our great US of A: NATIVE Americans of all our great tribes got their land stolen and in return, they were allowed to live on crappy reservations. There are over 500 Native American tribes, yet they got a lousy total of 300 reservations in return for their stolen country.

(sorry, got my Cherokee blood boiling )
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

*appeases it with wampum and Brandy*
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

*appeases it with wampum and Brandy*
    Oooooh, walkin' a mighty fine line there, Hawkeye!

***** celeb

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yeah i've always heard how Austrailia is a real melting pot of ppl and culture and "races". poor aborigines

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Oooooh, walkin' a mighty fine line there, Hawkeye!
    *balances gracefully on the razor thin line and leers with an evil grin*

It's similar in Canada with our First Nations culture, except they don't even get treated very well. In my Poli Sci class last year, we learned how Australia has that sort of affirmative action thing going on, where so many political seats must go to aboriginies.

*snorts*

A lot of the time the poor, poor Natives will go out and buy shiny new snowmobiles or trucks, ATV's, boats, and every other ridiculously expensive toy available and then the next year dump them in a lake so they can get the insurance to buy a newer model, all the while crying wolf that they live in shacks.

Also, if you're a white person up north they'll simply say "nice watch. give it to me." and expect you to hand it over simply because you're white, and thus "the stealer of their lands"...ie: you owe them.

Not all of them are like that, but a massive amount are. In a lot of cases, it's the same bullshit that any supposedly 'downtrodden' race will pull...

oh boohoo, THE MAN is keeping me down, it's because i'm native/black/asian/purple, i take no responsibility for myself, it's everyone elses fault, i cant be held responsible for buying fleets of shiny vehicles and then having no money for food or housing like everyone else has to, blah blah blah

I take any claims like that with a huge grain of salt.

*snorts*

A lot of the time the poor, poor Natives will go out and buy shiny new snowmobiles or trucks, ATV's, boats, and every other ridiculously expensive toy available and then the next year dump them in a lake so they can get the insurance to buy a newer model, all the while crying wolf that they live in shacks.

Also, if you're a white person up north they'll simply say "nice watch. give it to me." and expect you to hand it over simply because you're white, and thus "the stealer of their lands"...ie: you owe them.

Not all of them are like that, but a massive amount are. In a lot of cases, it's the same bullshit that any supposedly 'downtrodden' race will pull...

oh boohoo, THE MAN is keeping me down, it's because i'm native/black/asian/purple, i take no responsibility for myself, it's everyone elses fault, i cant be held responsible for buying fleets of shiny vehicles and then having no money for food or housing like everyone else has to, blah blah blah

I take any claims like that with a huge grain of salt.
    I get what you're saying, but unless you have been of color, you will not know what it feels like to be discriminated against for your color or ethniticity. Just getting doors slammed in your face time after time, getting remarks, having prejudices against you for your entire life simply because of the skin you're in, can change and damage a person's mindset. You can have every desire, even every tool (as in education etc.) available to get even with "the man", but if the man don't want you to, you'll never get what you rightfully deserve. I know of an African American neuro surgeon who bought a house in a white neighborhood in a suburb in ILLINOIS (!) in the late seventies, early eighties, and he finally gave up and moved out again after three years of bullying and badgering from his neighbors. Neighbors, none of whom had achieved in life what he had, but did earn enough to have a house in that particular neighborhood. They just didn't want that family there because "the value of their houses was going down"...... True story.

***** celeb

I understand that, but again is the vast majority a victim of that? Does that somehow negate the fact that you're a poor bastard cuz you have an air of entitlement and instead of planning sensibly, blow your money on stupid shit then expect a handout?

I get discrimminated against all the time, i'm a fag. I do have one advantage.. i can hide it easily.

Oh right, and i'm white male aged 18-65. Everyone cares what I think

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ shut the fuck up! I don't care!! gawd i hate men!!!

*snaps in Z formation*

Girl, one more interior decorating show and i'll be more woman than you!

I understand that, but again is the vast majority a victim of that? Does that somehow negate the fact that you're a poor bastard cuz you have an air of entitlement and instead of planning sensibly, blow your money on stupid shit then expect a handout?

I get discrimminated against all the time, i'm a fag. I do have one advantage.. i can hide it easily.
    Oh right, and i'm white male aged 18-65. Everyone cares what I think
    There ya go: that's the key difference, we (ethnic minorities) can't. (unless you're Wacko Jacko and change your ethnic as well as gender make-up )

***** celeb

Well i'm one of a few. When you're a super lispy flaming queen bitch from hell there's no way you can hide that, so the same rules apply unless it's a hair salon

Well i'm one of a few. When you're a super lispy flaming queen bitch from hell there's no way you can hide that, so the same rules apply unless it's a hair salon
    Yeah, but then - I'm not extremely knowledgeable about this, so bear with me - sometimes I get the feeling that some of the more extreme homosexuals, like the ones you mentioned, COULD tone it down a bit, if they wanted, but somehow their behavior has become a kind of statement in itself. I know both kinds of homosexuals in my neighborhood and at work. Some that are just like every average heterosexual and just do their thing without drawing much attention, and those who all but show up with a boa at the grocery store, you know? Behavior like what I have seen comes across as a continuous performance and I personally get tired just from looking at it, let alone if you have to keep that up all day and night. I dunno......

***** celeb

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information