Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Racial hatred runs African American family out of dream home

The law doesn't care here. We've let illegal immigration fester for so long in southern California that now we have gang violence even from rival Mexican gangs fighting it out over here, with American civilians caught in the crossfire. Nobody wants to address what our real problems are in this state even though we are in a shithole, its ridiculous. And sure, I know that I'll get jumped on for this because its not "PC" nowadays to say you're against illegal immigration, but it is the truth nonetheless. The politicians are just pandering for more votes, they don't live in these areas so they don't really care if Americans are suffering because of it. I'm pretty liberal in my ideology, but the illegal immigration thing just makes my blood boil, especially since my husband and many, many others have managed to do it the right way.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

^^I agree that you should abide by the laws and do it the right way!
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

Quote Originally Posted by lalala View Post
    I don't understand why the police has let those gangs fester and how anyone in CA can be (re)-elected without a plan to eradicate them, people should be bessieging the townhalls to protest against the authorities' inability to protect the citizens and maintain the law
    Unfortunately in LA, a murder that's gang-related is barely a news story at all. The gang problem is seriously out of control there. There are honestly parts of LA that locals won't even drive through. I'm not kidding when I say that you risk being shot at just by driving down a street. The gangs will have watchers posted up on rooftops and on corners, or on a bicycle, just watching every single car that comes by.

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    The law doesn't care here. We've let illegal immigration fester for so long in southern California that now we have gang violence even from rival Mexican gangs fighting it out over here, with American civilians caught in the crossfire. Nobody wants to address what our real problems are in this state even though we are in a shithole, its ridiculous. And sure, I know that I'll get jumped on for this because its not "PC" nowadays to say you're against illegal immigration, but it is the truth nonetheless. The politicians are just pandering for more votes, they don't live in these areas so they don't really care if Americans are suffering because of it. I'm pretty liberal in my ideology, but the illegal immigration thing just makes my blood boil, especially since my husband and many, many others have managed to do it the right way.
    No, I agree 100%. Immigration is definitely a factor in LA's gang problem. One of the most terrifying gangs in LA is Mara Salvatrucha. Its an El Salvadorian gang and they were actually founded to protect Salvadorians immigrants from black gangs in LA. They are just... brutal beyond belief. Think of the most graphic, horrific way to kill someone- that's their MO. And they'll take out kids, old people, shoot up a neighborhood in broad daylight- you name it, they'll do it. Ruthless beyond belief. They scare the hell out of me.

If this family was targeted by that gang, then they are right to not return to their home.

I love how baby Daddy says he's marrying the mother but will keep his own apartment so she can keep her Section 8.

How heartbreaking. These minorities should recognize that, historically, they've both been discriminated against/targeted because of their race/skin color.. they're just propagating more hateful attitudes towards one another, and it's really just exacerbating both their situations. Ironic that they didn't touch the Obama calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    How heartbreaking. These minorities should recognize that, historically, they've both been discriminated against/targeted because of their race/skin color.. they're just propagating more hateful attitudes towards one another, and it's really just exacerbating both their situations. Ironic that they didn't touch the Obama calendar.
    Sometimes discrimination can turn some minority members into bigots like their oppressors.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Sometimes discrimination can turn some minority members into bigots like their oppressors.
    And those minorities are still just as guilty as the people that oppressed them.

What is this, 1959?

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    And those minorities are still just as guilty as the people that oppressed them.
    I know. I have family members who are so homophobic it isn't even funny. I know of some Chinese-Americans who hate blacks - a former neighbor of mine had a mom who hated me, and a couple of guys that I went to school with. My dad hated Hispanics, even though he was half-Hispanic himself (mainly because a lot of his Cuban relatives rejected him for being half-black). Puerto Ricans vs. Mexicans; Koreans vs. Japanese. It's all dumb and it is all wrong.

I have no problem with those who prefer to socialize within their own groups; it is their choice. But having that same attitude when it comes to where others live, work, love, fuck, whatever, it's wrong and ugly.

I know. I have family members who are so homophobic it isn't even funny. I know of some Chinese-Americans who hate blacks - a former neighbor of mine had a mom who hated me, and a couple of guys that I went to school with. My dad hated Hispanics, even though he was half-Hispanic himself (mainly because a lot of his Cuban relatives rejected him for being half-black). Puerto Ricans vs. Mexicans; Koreans vs. Japanese. It's all dumb and it is all wrong.

I have no problem with those who prefer to socialize within their own groups; it is their choice. But having that same attitude when it comes to where others live, work, love, fuck, whatever, it's wrong and ugly.
    Agreed.

My mother hates the idea of interracial relationships, even though she's the product of one. And she couldn't stand Hispanics when I was growing up. Why, I don't know. But then one of my cousins married a Hispanic woman and she likes her. Just goes to show whomever you hate ends up in your family.

And one of my relatives hates Jews. After he saw Passion of the Christ he went on a rant about how he always knew the Jews killed Jesus, etc. I told him anybody who walked out of Passion hating Jews is somebody that walked into the movie hating Jews. The movie had nothing to do with making anybody hate Jews.

Agreed.

My mother hates the idea of interracial relationships, even though she's the product of one. And she couldn't stand Hispanics when I was growing up. Why, I don't know. But then one of my cousins married a Hispanic woman and she likes her. Just goes to show whomever you hate ends up in your family.

And one of my relatives hates Jews. After he saw Passion of the Christ he went on a rant about how he always knew the Jews killed Jesus, etc. I told him anybody who walked out of Passion hating Jews is somebody that walked into the movie hating Jews. The movie had nothing to do with making anybody hate Jews.
    We're all capable. Everyone is a little bit racist, as that song from "Avenue Q" says.

We're all capable. Everyone is a little bit racist, as that song from "Avenue Q" says.
    Exactly. The only people who are free of racism/prejudice are small children..until they learn it/get taught it.

Exactly. The only people who are free of racism/prejudice are small children..until they learn it/get taught it.
    Another song from another B'way musical, South Pacific, "You Have to Be Carefully Taught"

You've got to be taught
    To hate and fear,
    You've got to be taught
    From year to year,
    It's got to be drummed
    In your dear little ear
    You've got to be carefully taught.

You've got to be taught to be afraid
    Of people whose eyes are oddly made,
    And people whose skin is a diff'rent shade,
    You've got to be carefully taught.

You've got to be taught before it's too late,
    Before you are six or seven or eight,
    To hate all the people your relatives hate,
    You've got to be carefully taught!

Agreed.

uh...did you tell him that Jesus himself was Jewish?

Sounds like a case for ole Clint Eastwood.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information