Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Like Tree1931Likes

Thread: Race to the White House 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Neptunia View Post
    New @CNN
    polls in battleground states Trump won show @JoeBiden
    with solid leads. Significant to see Biden above 50% in MI & FL.

MI: 52-40 (+12)

FL: 51-46 (+5)

AZ: 49-45 (+4)

Neither Obama nor Clinton were above 50% 100 days out. That's hopeful !

I hope 2020 gives us at least one good thing, honestly if we have to deal with 4 more years of Dump I'm gonna pack my shit and live with wolves in Lapland.
    Mivvi21 and mostroop like this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

THE NATIONAL INTEREST UPDATED 9:51 A.M.
    U.S. Intelligence Says Republicans Are Working With Russia to Reelect Trump

By Jonathan Chait

Two weeks ago, William Evanina, director of the United States National Counterintelligence and Security Center, published a somewhat vague warning about various forms of foreign interference in the upcoming election. On Friday, he followed up with a more direct and incriminating one, specifically warning that Russia is working to help reelect Donald Trump. Even more important is what this warning unmistakably implies: that Trump and his Republican allies in Congress are actively cooperating with Russia’s campaign.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...-election.html

Gold Member

My mother is a Canadian citizen, and over the past has worked to turn in my and my siblings citizenship paperwork. She has spoken about moving to Canada, but this time I think she might be serious. I’m worried that if Trump falls, his supporters won’t accept it. I’m even considering gun ownership and a permit to carry. Things I never thought I would have to consider, my parents safety, etc. I’m scared that people have simply given up in reason, that their own desires are more important.
    Fly_On_TheWall2, Sarzy and BITTER like this.

And it's....Kamala Harris for VP.
    czb, Froogy, tulip and 1 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I am THERE for the VP debate between her and Pence. That sounds even better than the Trump/Biden debates (that Trump probably won't even show up to).

"Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

She will skewer him.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    And it's....Kamala Harris for VP.
    Can't stand her. She is a big mistake as a running mate. In some ways she reminds me of Hillary Clinton - you can't get a straight answer from her if you tried. It's like she sits in front of a committee or something beforehand so she can make sure she covers all the bases.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

I think she's the safest choice he could have made. It's massive that she is a half black/ half Indian woman.
    tulip and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

Elite Member

I'm thrilled. I think she's a great choice and I hope they kick Trump's ass.

My only fear is that no one will be able to beat him because if he doesn't want to leave he will do everything in his power to make sure the election falls in his favor.
    Mivvi21 likes this.

Imagine - a qualified person, in every way. Trump used his "nasty" to apply to her. So funny. Highly educated, former attorney general of California etc. It's too bad she didn't get the nomination and that we still want that male figure on top, but I will take this and hope the best for her and us. I'm glad she there's, she's qualified, she's female and mixed race.

I'm waiting for Kamala speak after her introduction by Biden. Things I didn't know about KH. She was sworn in as Senator by Biden. She married late in life to a Jewish man.

Just another opinion agreeing with Tulip because I haven't changed my mind that Orange will win because the same 60 million yahoos want him and it will get really nasty very soon.

Just finished watching the speeches. She is a powerful woman. And I started getting teary when Joe got teary.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Can't stand her. She is a big mistake as a running mate. In some ways she reminds me of Hillary Clinton - you can't get a straight answer from her if you tried. It's like she sits in front of a committee or something beforehand so she can make sure she covers all the bases.
    Think of it this way, this VP position is historical and good for the country and humanity. VP's disappear after the election. Unless the president wants their presence, they're doing their work away from the public eye. She won't have the opportunity to say much other than "I support the President".

Very honestly, I didn't buy the family thing. I'll run my mouth here. I did not like all the qualifying about family to make her a well rounded candidate. It reminds me of "I don't have children, but I'm nurturing and have lots of nieces and nephews that I love and support". Shut up. You're highly educated, well spoken, bright, accomplished person. Period. It's a job, that's all you need. The step children are grown and she didn't need throw in the setting up a college dorm. A parent does that and I'd be pissed if I were the mom. Yes, you want your kids to be loved by as many people as possible. Blah blah. You're a good friend, not a grandma. I needed to vent this. I pray she gets to step on that stage on election night, but leave the extended family of only six years home.

czb

i kind of agree with you on the mom thing. i get that she was trying to cover all bases but it seemed fake. not that i care, they will still get my vote based on their platform. and did she say bubee?

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Very honestly, I didn't buy the family thing. I'll run my mouth here. I did not like all the qualifying about family to make her a well rounded candidate. It reminds me of "I don't have children, but I'm nurturing and have lots of nieces and nephews that I love and support". Shut up. You're highly educated, well spoken, bright, accomplished person. Period. It's a job, that's all you need. The step children are grown and she didn't need throw in the setting up a college dorm. A parent does that and I'd be pissed if I were the mom. Yes, you want your kids to be loved by as many people as possible. Blah blah. You're a good friend, not a grandma. I needed to vent this. I pray she gets to step on that stage on election night, but leave the extended family of only six years home.
    ITA, I was a little surprised by that, tbh. It's great if she has a good relationship with her husband's kids, but that was really glossed over. She's only been married to their father for 6 years, and yeah, the kids are pretty much grown. And, they have a mom. There's nothing wrong with her being focused on her career, marrying later in life, and not having her own bio kids.

Let’s not pretend america isn’t the type of society where a good chunk of the population takes issue with women who don’t come across as maternal and soft.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information