Page 45 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
Like Tree3840Likes

Thread: Race to the White House 2020

Here's a springboard and vault box in the same clip:

^OMG!!!! Well, anyway, because both my legs were "right", my brain would always get confused which would always result in my steps getting smaller and smaller the closer I got to the springboard. Yes, I was very good at gymnastics (NOT) and that was one of the reasons. I was only good at sports where I could hit and throw stuff, oh and smash stuff. One of my PE teachers (a kind of military guy) once asked me where I learned how to throw so far; said I threw "like a guy" (which, I guess, was supposed to be a compliment). I used to play badminton with my right hand during PE (the few times we did it, when we had a teacher whose hobby it apparently was), but was told to use my left hand when the shuttle would get stuck in the racket because: I smashed the shuttle too hard. That may have helped evolve my ambidexterity, too. Later the same thing happened with tennis: when I was playing against girls they asked me to not hit so hard, which is why I switched hands but soon enough they'd complain when I used my left hand, too. I wasn't good at basketball nor volleyball, except for long passes and drop shots in BB and serving in VB. Whenever I was up to serve in VB, the PE teacher would tell the other team to just go to the locker room because they wouldn't get a turn anymore, LOL.
    MohandasKGanja and Jadestone like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I am a proud southpaw as well. I heard that Einstein was, but I have no real proof.

I still think that is one of the reasons he's stalling. He knows the tsunami of lawsuits that await him. Besides, the Navy SEALS can forcibly remove him if need be. His family and cabinet too if they refuse to cooperate.

Imagine that; a scenario involving Trump that gives me an erection...the mind boggles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Fawlty View Post
    BIB: ​Me too.........and I'm a girl!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    I'd pay to see that!!
    Son#2 suggested offering a pay-per-view of the forcible removal of Trump, kicking and screaming, from the White House, could settle the national debt. Can you imagine? Even internationally - perhaps especially internationally!

Watching that would take a looooong time to get old!

So, the two big developments today:

1. Barr said he didn't say any levels of fraud that would have changed the outcome of this election.

2. Someone broke a story that the DoJ had uncovered a "bribes for pardons" scheme in the White House. But the report had redacted all the names.

I read the first story on Mediaite and one of the commenters gleefully goes "They are going apesh*t on Breitbart!" So, I go to Breitbart's coverage of the story and their comment sections, and wow - those people are so furious, they are literally talking about armed insurrection. You would have thought that Bill Barr had sat on Adam Schiff's lap or something while the House ran the impeachment hearings.

***** celeb

Trump pardons: US justice department unveils bribery inquiry

Published

5 hours ago

The US justice department is looking into claims that lobbyists have tried to use bribes to secure a presidential pardon, unsealed court papers show.

They say that in August investigators began investigating a "secret lobbying scheme" possibly involving attempts to contact White House officials.

The redacted filings do not give any names, but the justice department says no government official is being probed.

In a tweet, President Trump referred to the investigation as "fake news".
    The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.
    Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    Pardon investigation is Fake News!
    3:40 AM · Dec 2, 2020
    It is common for outgoing presidents to use their right to issue pardons, which wipe out convictions.

President Trump - who is due to leave office in January, although he is still contesting his election defeat in the courts - has used the procedure a number of times.

Last week he pardoned his former national security adviser Michael Flynn, who pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI.

Meanwhile, US media say Mr Trump has been discussing the possibility of pardoning family members.

Are we going to see a blitz of Trump pardons?
    The White House revolving door: Who's gone?

What are the bribery claims?

The document released by a federal court in Washington DC on Tuesday relates to a request by the Department of Justice (DOJ) to use emails and other communications seized in a bribery-for-pardon inquiry.

The data, prosecutors say in the paper, points to potential "criminal activity".
    media captionAre presidential pardons Trump's secret weapon?

They say individuals - whose identities are redacted - appear to have "acted as lobbyists to senior White House officials without complying with the registration requirements" for such activity.

Their aim, according to the papers, may have been to secure "a pardon or reprieve of sentence" for another unidentified individual.

According to the documents, prosecutors in August sought a court order "so that the investigative team [could] access" the communications and confront the suspects.

It is unknown who the people targeted were. On Tuesday the DOJ said: "No government official was or is currently a subject or target of the investigation disclosed in this filing."
    Who has Trump pardoned?

Mr Trump has so far been less enthusiastic in using his right to grant clemency than any of his recent predecessors, according to the Pew Research Center.

Barack Obama, whom Mr Trump replaced in 2017, granted 212 pardons and 1,715 commutations - the most since President Harry Truman in the 1940s and 1950s.

President Trump, by contrast, had granted just 28 pardons and 16 commutations as of late November.
    Former national security adviser Michael Flynn pictured in 2018image copyrightReuters
    image captionMichael Flynn was fired serving as national security adviser for 23 days in 2017

Apart from Michael Flynn - who was convicted in 2017 of lying about his contacts with the Russian ambassador the year before - people pardoned by Mr Trump include political strategist Roger Stone, ex-Arizona sheriff Joe Arpaio, and former vice-presidential aide Scooter Libby.

A number of Trump allies are reportedly hoping for clemency, including ex-advisers Rick Gates and George Papadopoulos, who were both convicted in the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Profile: Michael Flynn, Trump's ex-adviser

US media also say the president is considering issuing pardons for family members - even though none has been accused of any crime.

One source told NBC News that the suggestion has arisen because the president feels embattled - not because he believes that he or any of his relatives are guilty of wrongdoing.

The New York Times says Mr Trump appears concerned that under future President Joe Biden, the Democratic administration might target his children Donald Jr, Eric and Ivanka Trump, as well as Ivanka's husband Jared Kushner, a senior White House adviser.

There are precedents for granting clemency to people who have not been indicted.

In 1974, President Gerald Ford pre-emptively pardoned his predecessor Richard Nixon, ended any possibility of prosecution following the Watergate scandal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55156241

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Trump Inevitably Flips Out at Georgia Elections Official Who Begged Him to Stop Threats to Workers

NOT PLAYING
    Jamie Ross

Reporter
    Published Dec. 02, 2020 5:18AM ET

On Tuesday, Gabriel Sterling, a Georgia election official and a Republican, begged President Trump to stop pushing conspiracy theories about Joe Biden’s win in the state. “This all has to stop,” Sterling said in a remarkable press conference. “Someone is going to get hurt. Someone is going to get shot. Someone’s going to get killed. And it’s not right. It’s not right.” Now, with a grim inevitability, Trump has turned his fury on Sterling, and ramped up his baseless conspiracy theories about the election results. In a tweet late Tuesday, Trump shared the video of Sterling’s pleas alongside more incendiary misinformation about his loss. He raged: “Rigged Election. Show signatures and envelopes. Expose the massive voter fraud in Georgia. What is Secretary of State and [Gov. Brian Kemp] afraid of?”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...m-to-calm-down

Meanwhile, newly pardoned Flynn advises Trump to "suspend" the Constitution to hold new elections........

***** celeb

Wait for it

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Wait for it
    Where does it happen? I can’t hear it

0:58-0:59 and look at the face of the girl next to him.

***** celeb

Silver Member

Well, now there's audible proof that he's full of hot air.
    lindsaywhit likes this.

Trump news - live: DOJ sues Facebook as Ivanka hits out at ‘vindictive’ probe of her hotel work

5 minutes ago

On a day that began with warnings by a conservative pundit that Donald Trump’s final weeks in power could be his “most dangerous”, and the fallout from a 46-minute speech on social media branded as “one of his most dishonest ever”, the president continues to rail against the results of the 2020 and election.

While Mr Trump refused to tell reporters if he still had confidence in Attorney General Bill Barr, the Justice Department announced that it is suing Facebook for discriminating against Americans in its hiring practices.

Meanwhile, first daughter and White House adviser Ivanka Trump has hit out at the “vindictive” probe regarding her hotel work around the time of her father’s inauguration, calling it a waste of taxpayer dollars. Her older brother Donald Jr is reportedly planning his future as a potential head of the National Rifle Association.

Trump’s legal team suffered an embarrassing defeat later in the day when the Republican-dominated Wisconsin Supreme Court refused to hear their case concerning election fraud. This was perhaps not quite as embarrassing as the scenes at a hearing led by Rudy Giuliani the previous evening in which he appeared to have to shush a particularly raucous witness to alleged voter fraud.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1765519.html

Donald Trump’s surprise speech branded one of ‘most dishonest’ ever given by president

Trump called ‘sorest loser in American political history’

Graeme Massie
    Los Angeles
    22 hours ago

Donald Trump’s surprise speech has been branded “one of the most dishonest” he has ever given.

The 46-minute taped speech on Facebook saw the outgoing president repeat a string of debunked and false claims about the election results and voter fraud.

Mr Trump had called the event “maybe the most important speech I’ve ever made” even as he predicted it would be “disparaged” by his critics.

“Pres Trump in this 46 minute video he just released says this might be the most important speech he has ever given,” tweeted Yamiche Alcindor, White House correspondent for PBS NewsHour.

“What's clear is that it might be one of his most dishonest speeches he's ever given. He's making baseless claims that courts, the AG & DHS have said didn't happen.

“Wisconsin has already certified its vote.

“But, Trump keeps saying he ‘miraculously’ and ‘unexpectedly' lost when the mail in ballots were counted. He even brings out charts in this video showing how he lost.

CNN’s Jake Tapper said the video left Mr Trump looking like the “sorest loser” in presidential history.

“Really leaning into being the sorest loser in American political history — the full video is 46 minutes long and chock full of lie after lie after lie,” tweeted Mr Tapper.

His CNN colleague Jim Acosta also attacked the video’s dishonesty.

“Trump has released what appears to be a 46 min video of a speech filled with more lies about the election. This was produced by WH and was not recorded in view of the press,” tweeted Mr Acosta.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1765463.html

Ivanka Trump deposed in DC attorney general’s probe over alleged misuse of inauguration funds

Lawsuit claims more than $1m spent at way above market rate to rent Trump hotel space

Graeme Massie
    Los Angeles

Ivanka Trump was deposed as part of the Washington DC attorney general’s probe into an alleged misuse of inauguration funds.

The first daughter sat with investigators for a lawsuit that claims the Trump Organization and Presidential Inauguration Committee misused more than $1m.

The DC attorney general filed a lawsuit in January claiming they abused the money by “grossly overpaying” for use of event space at the Trump hotel in Washington for the January 2017 inauguration.

Witnesses in the case have been deposed over the past several weeks, according to CNN.

The chairman of Mr Trump’s inaugural committee, Tom Barrack, was deposed on 17 November, according to court papers.

The attorney general’s office has subpoenaed records from Mr Barrack, Ms Trump, first lady Melania Trump, and Rick Gates, the former inaugural committee deputy chairman, states the filing.

According to the lawsuit Mr Gates agreed with hotel management and the Trump family to spend $175,000 per day for the space for four days.

The committee's own event planner, Stephanie Winston Wolkoff, advised against the transaction saying that the figure was at least twice the market rate, it states.

Ms Wolkoff, who has had a public falling out with the first lady and wrote a book about their friendship, then met with Donald Trump and Ms Trump to discuss the matter.

She followed that by sending an email to Mr Gates and Ms Trump to “express her concern”, according to the attorney general.

"The Inaugural Committee accepted the contract anyway," claims the lawsuit.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1765455.html

Probably the least offensive thing Giuliani's done in the past four years.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

I read that Ivanka's deposition was 5+ hours. I bet she was PISSSED.
    Novice, Jadestone, tulip and 6 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Thread Information