Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344 LastLast
Like Tree1931Likes

Thread: Race to the White House 2020

That family is like cockroaches.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    From the 2 Michigan Senate & House members who met with Trump today.
    Here's the irony. The Trump team is saying there are townships in Michigan that have more ballots than population. Like 200-300% more. However, those townships listed that are in question aren't even in Michigan. They are in Minnesota. Because both the states start with MI. Easy mix up! I can't make this shit up. And these incompetent fucks are running our country.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

It is kind of ironic that they are down to a core group of the craziest, most-unhinged people handling their legal issues. And doing it incredibly badly. While it's worrisome, it's incredible to see and bad for the Republican brand and great material for the next election.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    It is kind of ironic that they are down to a core group of the craziest, most-unhinged people handling their legal issues. And doing it incredibly badly. While it's worrisome, it's incredible to see and bad for the Republican brand and great material for the next election.
    The problem with that is that the Democrats would have to actually use the material, but they've shown they either don't know how or don't have the guts to. They always play the 'nice' guys, like stopping 'attack' ads when Trump was diagnosed with Covid.

Just once I'd like them to not eviscerate their own because of some act that pales in comparison the exploits of Republicans, especially those of Trump, and instead attack the other guys for their actions. The only time they come across as anything other than whiny is when they're gutting their own.
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

Quote Originally Posted by albatross View Post
    The problem with that is that the Democrats would have to actually use the material, but they've shown they either don't know how or don't have the guts to. They always play the 'nice' guys, like stopping 'attack' ads when Trump was diagnosed with Covid.

Just once I'd like them to not eviscerate their own because of some act that pales in comparison the exploits of Republicans, especially those of Trump, and instead attack the other guys for their actions. The only time they come across as anything other than whiny is when they're gutting their own.
    I am so afraid that JB is going to try to "take the high road" and let that criminal asshole trump and his minions off "to reunite the country", instead of facing the consequences of their actions. Most of the former GOP, now trump party, leadership are in collusion, either by openly supporting him or refusing to speak out against him and tolerating all of his illegal actions and dictatorial attempts. They all need to be held accountable.

To let them off would be so freaking stupid, there is no way to reunite - and find common ground - with trump cultists and politicians who trample over democracy in order to stay in power. The way I feel is, if a rightwinger hits the left, the left needs to hit back twice as hard. That's the only message they understand. Hopefully, the Georgia runoff election will throw out the current insider trading scum senators, so the trump party loses their senate majority. That is the only way something effective can be done, like expanding the SCOTUS to stop the religious righwinging of America in its tracks. And closing existing loopholes that have allowed trump to do what he has been doing so no other president can ever be this dangerous and damaging to our democracy again.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    I am so afraid that JB is going to try to "take the high road" and let that criminal asshole trump and his minions off "to reunite the country", instead of facing the consequences of their actions. Most of the former GOP, now trump party, leadership are in collusion, either by openly supporting him or refusing to speak out against him and tolerating all of his illegal actions and dictatorial attempts. They all need to be held accountable.

To let them off would be so freaking stupid, there is no way to reunite - and find common ground - with trump cultists and politicians who trample over democracy in order to stay in power. The way I feel is, if a rightwinger hits the left, the left needs to hit back twice as hard. That's the only message they understand. Hopefully, the Georgia runoff election will throw out the current insider trading scum senators, so the trump party loses their senate majority. That is the only way something effective can be done, like expanding the SCOTUS to stop the religious righwinging of America in its tracks. And closing existing loopholes that have allowed trump to do what he has been doing so no other president can ever be this dangerous and damaging to our democracy again.
    Edward Norton - of all people - yesterday in a Tweet articulated my feelings about what is going on here. Basically, he thinks this has been a hostage drama, and that what Trump was angling for was some kind of secret deal where he gets off without any future investigations. Or some kind of pardon. Norton's refrain across multiple Tweets was "Call his bluff". Virtually all options are gone now, so I do think the bluff has kind of been called. What Democrats need to do is gear up the machine to call out all the ways that this Administration is trying to "rat f*ck" the country on the way out. Politcially, environmentally, diplomatically, and militarily. I don't think that should be something for Biden himself to say -- I think he needs to stay above the fray. Instead, it should be something that Democrat congressional leaders or even Kamala Harris to call out.

I'm seeing stuff reported from republicas saying he needs to stop holding the country hostage & grow the fuck up.

If the republicans want to de-escalate their party they need to go after him once he's out of power & get him criminally.chaeged.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.

The man is so fucking stupid, I guess he doesn't realize that once he's out of office, Joe Biden could hold his fate in his hands. But instead of bowing out gracefully, he's making it as hard as possible for the new administration. Not exactly great incentive for Joe to go easy on him. I say let the chips fall but who knows what the line of thinking is. I do think Joe is all about "healing" the country but let's face it, 50% of the country isn't interested in that. And even if Trump was pardoned, I don't think it would stop him from causing trouble in the future and continuing to rile up his base to support him for a 2024 run. And then there's the NY prosecutions which a pardon wouldn't cover. I think Joe could probably influence them to stop, but I hope he won't. I hope Trump and his grifter family will be so tied up in litigation they won't be able to cause much commotion.

I also totally agree existing loopholes need to be closed, because he has set too many precedents that future presidents could follow. All the norms and niceties are out the window now. There will have to be firm laws put into place to prevent this nightmare from ever happening again. Not sure if it can be done without control of the Senate though. If Repubs stay in power there, they will thwart everything like they did with Obama. Bi-partisanship is dead.
    Novice and Air Quotes like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I also totally agree existing loopholes need to be closed, because he has set too many precedents that future presidents could follow. All the norms and niceties are out the window now. There will have to be firm laws put into place to prevent this nightmare from ever happening again. Not sure if it can be done without control of the Senate though. If Repubs stay in power there, they will thwart everything like they did with Obama. Bi-partisanship is dead.
    There is something I want to say with regard to your last statement. Supposedly, he managed to squeeze through some kind of rule change that would allow the President to basically fire a career civil servant (as opposed to an appointee) for any reason. The way the story read, this was unprecedented and would be under the guise of eliminating the "deep state". Ironically, DJT has supposedly appointed a slew of "lifetime" civil servants to thwart Biden's policy as soon as he swears in. First of all, that is conflicting information. If Biden does have that power, he should use it to summarily fire literally everyone who was hired during DJT's lame-duck period. They could re-apply to work in the new administration, but it would get an actual review.

Second, once the purge of BS lame-duck personnel is over, Biden should go back and close the door on this new power by the President. I'm not sure how it would work, but I actually think Republicans would go along with it, at the risk of the Biden admin doing more purges with his new "DJT power".
    HWBL likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Here's the irony. The Trump team is saying there are townships in Michigan that have more ballots than population. Like 200-300% more. However, those townships listed that are in question aren't even in Michigan. They are in Minnesota. Because both the states start with MI. Easy mix up! I can't make this shit up. And these incompetent fucks are running our country.
    This isn't about incomptetence but about feeding the MAGATS need for outrage and delusions. They know full well that the townships are in Minnesota rather than Michigan but they also know that the idiot followers will grab their guns and charge in while screaming about fake news and fraud without pausing for a second to mull over whether any of it is true.

They know they've lost. They accept they've lost (well, except for Trumpy) so they are doing the time honoured tradition of every occupying force that's being driven back - burning down every institution, poisoning every well, destroying every crop and salting the earth so nothing can grow for years to come. They know they've got to go but they are going to leave behind as much of a hostile wasteland for Biden as they can.
    Novice, Mivvi21 and Jadestone like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

COVID-19: Donald Trump plays golf while world powers discuss pandemic at G20 summit
    Leaders from France, Germany, and Italy delivered video messages for the session on the global response to the virus.
    By Amy Coles, news reporter

Sunday 22 November 2020 14:36, UK

President Donald Trump was golfing yesterday while some of the world's most powerful leaders took part in a G20 session on the global response to the coronavirus pandemic.

Major leaders delivered video messages for the virtual session on "pandemic preparedness", including politicians from this year's host Saudi Arabia, France, Germany, Italy and South Korea.

Mr Trump attended the morning session, in his second-to-last appearance at the international meeting as US president, but was golfing in Sterling, Virginia, when the afternoon side-panel on the COVID-19 pandemic took place.

Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga (top L), US President Donald Trump (top R), Saudi Arabia's King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (C), South Korean President Moon Jae-in (3rd row, L), European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen (3rd row, R), and European Council President Charles Michel (down), are seen on a screen before the start of a virtual G20 summit hosted by Saudi Arabia
    Image:
    World leaders including Mr Trump (top right) take part in the Saturday morning briefing at the G20 summit
    Mr Trump did not deliver a message to the meeting and there was thought to be no American involvement.

He spent around four hours at Trump National Golf Club, where he has spent multiple weekends since losing the election to Joe Biden.

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany later said Mr Trump spoke at the summit to highlight the work the US has done rebuilding the economy and securing vaccines in response to the coronavirus.

The president is scheduled to appear at the G20 for a final time on Sunday morning, US time.

Tweeting on Sunday, Mr Trump referenced his scheduled appearance and media reports about him not attending the side-panel meeting of leaders the day before.

He wrote: "Just arrived at Virtual G20. Was here yesterday also (early), but some of the Fake News Media failed to report it accurately - as usual. My speech is available (they said I didn't make a speech)."

Meanwhile, coronavirus cases in the US have topped 12 million according to Johns Hopkins University, with 255,905 related deaths. Globally, the pandemic has claimed more than 1.37 million lives.

Sky.com

Jesus H, he's getting to be an even fatter fat fuck than he already was.
    Mivvi21, mostroop and I'mNotBitter like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Elite Member

^^
    Stress eating

Ivanka Trump HUMILIATION: First daughter advised against New York return after White Housr

IVANKA Trump and her husband Jared Kushner may be unwelcome when they return to their home in New York next year, analysts predict.

The daughter and son-in-law of President Donald Trump are due to leave the White House at the end of the Trump administration in January next year. They have both served as senior advisers to the president, with Ivanka in particular heading a number of campaign rallies in the run-up to the election.

Before their political careers, Ms Trump and Mr Kushner were known New York socialites who frequently attended the $35,000-per-ticket Met Gala fashion show and other events.

Analysts also report Ms Trump was seen as a ‘moderating force’ on her presidential father.

Before their political careers, Ms Trump and Mr Kushner were known New York socialites who frequently attended the $35,000-per-ticket Met Gala fashion show and other events.

Analysts also report Ms Trump was seen as a ‘moderating force’ on her presidential father.

In recent weeks, Ms Trump appears to have joined her father in his criticism of the presidential election result – though not as overtly.

The president has controversially asserted that he was the election winner and there has been “massive voter fraud”.

Investigations have so far not shown this to be the case, while a recount in the state of Georgia confirmed Mr Trump’s rival Joe Biden to have secured victory there.

On November 6, Ms Trump tweeted: “Every legally cast vote should be counted. Every illegally cast vote should not. This should not be controversial.”

Analysts such as author and columnist Jill Kargman told the New York Times that returning to New York would put Ms Trump and Mr Kushner “in a kind of prison”.

Others speculate the state’s socialites could be ready to ‘shun’ the couple.

The political landscape in New York is also tense regarding relations with President Trump.

The state voted for Democrat Joe Biden by a wide margin of 4,007,900 votes to Mr Trump’s 2,960,070 in the recent election.

In addition, New York’s governor Andrew Cuomo has threatened to sue the Trump administration over its coronavirus vaccine distribution plans.

Mr Trump said last week that a COVID-19 vaccine would be widely available across the US – but not in New York.

This is because Mr Cuomo has set up a separate scientific review panel in order to approve the vaccine “to try to build credibility”.

In response, Mr Trump accused the governor of “playing politics” and said: “We cannot waste time and can only give to those states that will use the vaccine immediately.”

New York Attorney General Letitia James accused Mr Trump of “vindictive behaviour”

https://www-express-co-uk.cdn.amppro...o-election-ont
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

The Vanity Fair article:

Among the many consequences of Donald Trump losing the election to Joe Biden is the fact that Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner will likely do everything they can to reenter polite society, which will likely slam the door in their faces. Oh, sure, as a source put it to my colleague Emily Jane Fox, they’ll “probably be welcomed by real estate types and that group of Upper East Side and Palm Beach families that read about themselves in Quest magazine but don’t matter,” but the people whose opinions the couple actually care about will presumably have lost their numbers. Also probably at the top of Javanka’s mind are the billboards circling Trump Tower reminding passersby about their role in the COVID-19 crisis, which they really, really don‘t appreciate. But seemingly the most pressing issue keeping the first daughter up at night is the prospect of her father going to prison, if her unusually huffy response to the news that he’s being investigated for tax fraud is any indication.

Commenting on a New York Times report that both Manhattan district attorney Cy Vance and New York state attorney general Letitia James have expanded their probes of Trump and his businesses to include suspicious tax write-offs on millions of dollars of consulting fees, some of which appear to have gone to his favorite child, Ivanka fumed on Twitter that this whole thing is apparently a witch hunt designed to take her extremely innocent father down:

Ivanka Trump
    @IvankaTrump
    This is harassment pure and simple. This ‘inquiry’ by NYC democrats is 100% motivated by politics, publicity and rage. They know very well that there’s nothing here and that there was no tax benefit whatsoever. These politicians are simply ruthless

She added: “This fishing expedition is very clearly part of a continued political vendetta.”

According to the Times, both Vance and James’s office issued subpoenas to the Trump Organization in recent weeks relating to the consulting fees, following an investigation by the paper that revealed the president paid little to no income tax in the last two decades. That report also showed that Trump was able to reduce his taxable income by deducting approximately $26 million in fees to “consultants” as business expenses between 2010 and 2018. While the consultants’ identities were not shown on tax records, some of the fees definitely seem like they were paid to Princess Purses, which might explain her testy reaction:

On a 2017 disclosure she filed when joining the White House as a presidential adviser, she reported receiving payments from a consulting company she co-owned, totaling $747,622, that exactly matched consulting fees claimed as tax deductions by the Trump Organization for hotel projects in Hawaii and Vancouver, British Columbia.

The subpoenas were focused on fees paid to the firm on her disclosures, TTT Consulting LLC, and represented just a portion of the $26 million, according to a person with knowledge of the matter. The name of the firm appears to be a reference to Ms. Trump and other members of her family. Ms. Trump was an executive officer of the Trump companies that made the payments, meaning she appears to have been treated as a consultant while also working for the company. While companies can deduct professional fees, the Internal Revenue Service requires that consulting arrangements be market-based and reasonable, as well as “ordinary and necessary” to running a business.

The examination of fees apparently paid to his older daughter is likely to arouse even more vitriol from the outgoing president. And it raises questions about whether the payments were a tax-deductible way for him to compensate his children, or avoid gift taxes he might incur from transferring wealth to them, something Mr. Trump’s father had done through legally questionable schemes uncovered by the Times in 2018.

a statement, Alan Garten, the general counsel for the Trump Organization, said, “this is just the latest fishing expedition in an ongoing attempt to harass the company,” adding, “Everything was done in strict compliance with applicable law and under the advice of counsel and tax experts. All applicable taxes were paid and no party received any undue benefit.”

While the latest investigation seems to have provoked the most ire in the first daughter, who’s probably stressed about all the packing she needs to do before shipping out of Washington, it’s not the first time she and her siblings have had their dealings probed by the New York attorney general’s office. Last year, as part of a settlement in a case that had led to the closing of President Trump’s sham charity, Ivanka and her brothers, who were board members of the organization, were ordered to receive “mandatory training” on the “duties of officers and directors of charities so that they cannot allow the illegal activity they oversaw at the Trump Foundation to take place again.” As a reminder, that illegal activity involved basically using the charity as a slush fund for Donald Trump’s personal, business, and political interests, which included spending $20,000 of the foundation’s money on a six-foot-tall oil painting of the real estate developer.

In related news, earlier this month the Times reported that Trump “expects to face intensifying scrutiny from prosecutors” after he leaves the White House and is “concerned not only about existing investigations in New York, but the potential for new federal probes as well, according to people who have spoken with him.” While Trump has apparently asked numerous times if he can pardon himself, such a move—which might not even be possible, short of faking sick and making Mike Pence president so he can do the honors—would obviously not protect him from state crimes, meaning there’s a nonzero chance Ivanka might be visiting him in prison

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...rump-tax-fraud

Thread Information