Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree144Likes

Thread: Race to the White House 2020

czb

yeah, but the trumpees believe the coronavirus is some exaggeration performed by the leftist media. i have no idea at this time how many followers he really has (and yes, i see the polls but don't know what to believe).

^ Yeah, I kinda said something similar in the other (virus) thread. That maybe people will finally wake up to this sociopath and realize he cares about nothing but himself. That comment he made about not wanting the cruise ship people back because it will increase "the numbers", please. Who the hell thinks like that, as if by downplaying the number of cases, it will make him look better?

eta: yeah, the leftist media are also exaggerating all the worldwide numbers too. Oh well, those Trumpies probably never wash their hands anyway, so why should they start now. Stay out of Walmart, people!
    sputnik and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

czb

i don't even know if it's specifically the #of coronavirus cases. i think it's all about the economy and how the potential pandemic affects the economy. not actually about the people who will potentially be stricken. so odd.

Gold Member

Well the market sunk over 2000 points today, they had to put in an emergency measure.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Is it wrong that part of me is hoping the coronavirus turns out to be a blessing in disguise and tanks the economy and loses trump the election? Before 2016 I never thought I would think something like this.
    I thought the same thing. I don't want it to be too bad for regular people, just bad enough to sink Trump.
    fgg and BITTER like this.

Bye, Bernie.

Sorry not sorry.
    Annie B likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

The primaries are making me think there may actually be a legit blue wave as there was in the mid-terms. Biden is getting the demos that may have voted for dump to vote against Hillary, white non-college educated males, suburban women, and the numbers coming out in all demos are way higher than the 2016 election. There is a huge bump in black voters as well showing up at the primaries comparatively. People fucking hate dump and I think it actually will bring out a bump in people actually getting out to vote. A ton of new registrants as well, all good signs. I seriously think a lot of people didn't vote in 2016 cause d'uh, obviously Clinton will win, I'm just gonna stay home.
    Trixie and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

Yeah, I'm thinking (hoping) that all those who either sat it out or said, fuck you the establishment, and voted for Trump for "change" are coming to their senses and finally realizing how much they were wrong.

Yeah I'm just disappointed it's in favor of a totally bland, meh of a candidate whose greatest pull is he was Obama's VP.

That would have been something if Bernie had gotten the Dem nomination.
    lindseyfan and BITTER like this.

Two white men both old as dirt yelling at each other for 2 hours, jfc the DNC continue to be awful/clueless/tone deaf in how they organize things.
    HWBL and Trixie like this.

Silver Member

I was happy with the debate. It showed a candidate (Biden) that knows how to run a government, unlike our Orange Doughboy.

I tried to watch, at one point I turned down the volume but it didn't help. I had to turn the channel, Bernie was on my last freaking nerve. I get they are both going for the same job, but attack TRUMP instead of going back 30 years tit for tat. Maybe he finally did but by then I was outta there.

Silver Member

I voted. Yay. One more little bitty step for the future of humankind (minus the deplorables).
    C_is_for_Cookie and Brookie like this.

fgg

Joe Biden won the Illinois, Florida & Arizona primaries with substantial margins

Yesterday, Illinois, Florida and Arizona all held their Democratic primaries. Joe Biden swept all three. He had the biggest victories in Florida and Illinois, winning 61.9% and 59.1% respectively. In Arizona, Biden won 43.6% of the vote to Bernie Sanders 31.6% of the vote. All told, Biden picked up 249 delegates to Sanders’ 116 delegates. Biden’s delegate lead is almost insurmountable.

Mr. Biden, the former vice president, won by wide margins in Florida and Illinois and also carried Arizona, sweeping the night and achieving a nearly insurmountable delegate lead. The emphatic outcome could greatly intensify pressure on Mr. Sanders to end his campaign and allow Democrats to unify behind Mr. Biden as their presumptive nominee.

The routs in Florida and Illinois, two of the biggest prizes on the national map, represented both a vote of confidence in Mr. Biden from most Democrats, and a blunt rejection of Mr. Sanders’s candidacy by the kind of large, diverse states he would have needed to capture to broaden his appeal beyond the ideological left.

In the two biggest states voting on Tuesday, Florida and Illinois, Mr. Sanders failed. Mr. Biden carried Illinois by a wide margin, keeping intact his winning streak in the large Midwestern primary states, after previously winning in Minnesota and Michigan. And the victory in Florida was a particularly sharp repudiation of Mr. Sanders; many moderate and conservative Hispanic voters in the state had recoiled from his past praise of leftist governments in Latin America, including his admiring remarks about certain achievements of Fidel Castro’s Cuba.

But the day of voting may have been most notable for the disruptions to the electoral calendar. The turmoil caused by the coronavirus upended plans for a primary election in Ohio, where state officials postponed voting scheduled for Tuesday, in an abrupt maneuver that barely survived last-minute legal scrutiny. Four other states have also taken steps to delay their primary elections until late this spring, with Maryland on Tuesday becoming the latest to push back voting.

In the states that did vote, there were signs that the virus had dampened voter turnout, and that the Democratic presidential campaigns and other party leaders were not engaged on Tuesday in the traditional all-out push to drive supporters to the polls. Still, more than a million people cast ballots early or by mail in advance of Tuesday’s primaries, according to election officials in the three states, suggesting that the contests could represent a clear enough statement on the trajectory of the Democratic campaign.

[From The New York Times]

From what I saw of Biden’s speech – Sanders did not make a speech last night – Biden was conciliatory towards Sanders and his supporters. Which is good politics for him, even if ALL of us know that if Sanders had won anything big, his supporters would have been complete douchebags and run around demanding everyone kiss the ring (which is exactly what happened when Sanders performed well in Iowa and New Hampshire). And just FYI, I never expected Sanders to drop out before July. And even then, he’ll probably take it to the convention yet again. All of the Sanders sympathizers claiming that Bernie “just wants to be heard” and “wants to push Biden to the left” are out of your minds. Sanders is on an ego trip and he’s still letting his supporters think that he can win. He and his bros are going to try to f–k up another election, mark my words.

https://www.celebitchy.com/656397/jo...ntial_margins/
    C_is_for_Cookie and Brookie like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

His communication director is saying it's not true.

absolutely false.

https://twitter.com/cascamike/status...06081601126400

*BERNIE SANDERS TO SUSPEND PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN: AXIOS

https://twitter.com/LauraLitvan/status/1240304128888385541?s=20

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information