Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree144Likes

Thread: Race to the White House 2020

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I'm pretty much a Bernie Bro and I don't hate Warren. In fact I voted for her in the primary.
    I was talking about the ones LameAnn said blamed her for not getting out before Super Tuesday. Obviously if you voted for her over Bernie, you're not one of them. I think a lot of Warren supporters will shift to Bernie, but if she went with Biden...hmmm could be a game changer.
    czb and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I can see by a lot of statements and posturing in the Bernie Reddit threads that they make almost no distinction between Biden and DJT. Even in terms of being sexual impropriety. They seem to blithely unaware that there have been something like 24-40 accusations of sexual impropriety or even assault against DJT. Or the court case that was filed in Florida and withdrawn. And this excludes FEC violations for paying off mistresses. If there has been an accusation of assault against Biden, I'm not aware of it. With that kind of false equivalence, I think we are going to watch a repeat of 2016 where a lot of Sanders supporters sit out the general election if he loses the primaries.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I can see by a lot of statements and posturing in the Bernie Reddit threads that they make almost no distinction between Biden and DJT. Even in terms of being sexual impropriety. They seem to blithely unaware that there have been something like 24-40 accusations of sexual impropriety or even assault against DJT. Or the court case that was filed in Florida and withdrawn. And this excludes FEC violations for paying off mistresses. If there has been an accusation of assault against Biden, I'm not aware of it. With that kind of false equivalence, I think we are going to watch a repeat of 2016 where a lot of Sanders supporters sit out the general election if he loses the primaries.

Well, I hope not but it's a fear. I don't read at Reddit, but I'm hoping the vitriol we saw against Hillary isn't the same against Biden. IMO, people sitting out and/or voting for third party candidates contributed to Trump's win. I'd like to think the "vote blue no matter who" will apply here, instead of the "let's bite off our noses to spite our faces" outcome. Big picture, people.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I guess I'm a Bernie Bro, too. I think there are only a few who wouldn't support whoever the candidate is, and there are trolls and bots who are very loud. Every candidate probably has a few hardcore supporters who wouldn't switch over, and I've definitely seen supporters of other candidates who are over-the-top with attacking other candidates and their supporters, but somehow it's Bernie's followers who are getting all the bad press.

I think the only accusations against Biden are that he's too handsy in person. Now the rightwingers seem to concentrate on how corrupt he supposedly is because of the Ukraine thing, and they're making comments about how he might have dementia. I'm actually surprised to hear that there's a pocket of people talking about him as if he's a serial rapist/assaulter.

I would like to know the candidates' VP noms now, but maybe they're waiting until they're more confident about being the candidate? I got the feeling Bernie might have Nina Turner, who is one of his top campaign people, but maybe that was just an assumption on the part of some of his followers. She's not too well-known, but she's relatively young, progressive, from the Midwest, and she's African-American.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    [/B]Well, I hope not but it's a fear. I don't read at Reddit, but I'm hoping the vitriol we saw against Hillary isn't the same against Biden. IMO, people sitting out and/or voting for third party candidates contributed to Trump's win. I'd like to think the "vote blue no matter who" will apply here, instead of the "let's bite off our noses to spite our faces" outcome. Big picture, people.
    I’m the swing voter you mean and no way do I hate Joe the way I hate Hillary. Can’t speak for everyone but voting blue no matter who is going to happen. I don’t want joe because he’ll just stick to the status quo when this country needs real change. I honestly have concerns we’ll survive as a democracy without it and even only four years might be too long.
    tulip likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Joe isn't my dream candidate but I kinda view him as the transitional guy. Would love to see real change but maybe a period of status quo and calm isn't a bad thing. Just think how nice it would be not to be worried or horrified every fucking day by the President's bullshit.

I have a pretty good feeling 2020 will end the old white guy streak for President. It’s hard for a country to stop cold turkey but the popularity that 38 year old Pete had tells me the country is ready for change and wants to move away from male baby boomers leading the country.
    tulip likes this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

I never understood Pete's popularity. He was a terrible mayor and is way too centrist. I think he's an accomplished man, but I certainly never did and probably never will want him. I'd rather have Beto, who is also too centrist for my tastes but he is charismatic.
    witchcurlgirl likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^ I preferred Beto too. He caught my attention right away in that race against Cruz. He should have run for that other senate seat instead of jumping all in on the presidential race. I think Pete is an intelligent and well-spoken man, but was frankly surprised that he made it as far as he did.
    czb, greysfang and witchcurlgirl like this.

Kamala Harris has endorsed Biden.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Bernie Sanders’ Campaign Said He Would Give A Speech On Race. Then He Scrapped It.The scene tonight from a sudden turn of events in Flint, Mich. “He does not have those experiences. He is a white Jewish man," a Sanders spokesman told reporters.

All week, Sanders has laced into details about Biden's record on trade, the economy, foreign policy, abortion, LGBT rights — citing specific votes, and even old quotes. He stopped short of doing the same with racial justice issues on Saturday.

https://mobile.twitter.com/rubycrame...01989577699331

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnygirl View Post
    I have a pretty good feeling 2020 will end the old white guy streak for President. It’s hard for a country to stop cold turkey but the popularity that 38 year old Pete had tells me the country is ready for change and wants to move away from male baby boomers leading the country.
    The funny thing is, Biden and Sanders aren't boomers. They're too old to be boomers!

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Kamala Harris has endorsed Biden.
    Hmmm. Hint on the VP nom?
    Brookie likes this.

Truthfully, I don't care if Biden croaks two weeks after the election. As long as Trump is OUT, that's my only concern. I've said it before, I would vote for a dead cat over Trump.
    Brookie, Mivvi21, czb and 12 others like this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Truthfully, I don't care if Biden croaks two weeks after the election. As long as Trump is OUT, that's my only concern. I've said it before, I would vote for a dead cat over Trump.
    Totally agree. Literally anyone is better than Donny Dumbass, so I will vote for whoever gets the nomination regardless if they were my pick in the primaries or not.
    Beeyotch likes this.

Is it wrong that part of me is hoping the coronavirus turns out to be a blessing in disguise and tanks the economy and loses trump the election? Before 2016 I never thought I would think something like this.
    Trixie, czb, Brookie and 4 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information