Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree1999Likes

Thread: Race to the White House 2020

fgg

^Bloomberg endorses Biden. “I’ve had the chance to work with Joe on those issues over the years, and Joe has fought for working people his whole life. Today I am glad to endorse him – and I will work to make him the next President of the United States.”

i assumed that the bold part meant he'd still be buying ads and spending money, just now on biden.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Warren dropped out. Have not seen where she endorsed anyone.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Warren dropped out. Have not seen where she endorsed anyone.
    Wow, I did not know that. She is in a tricky position. She is more politically aligned with Bernie, as far as I know. But if she endorses him, she will probably become persona non grata in the Democratic Party.
    Trixie, Brookie and LameAnn like this.

Dammit.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Wow, I did not know that. She is in a tricky position. She is more politically aligned with Bernie, as far as I know. But if she endorses him, she will probably become persona non grata in the Democratic Party.
    That was my thought when I wondered who she would endorse. She's got to go back to the Senate now, that is of course unless someone picks her as their running mate.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I'd feel much better about Biden if he picked Warren/Kamala/Stacy.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Almost all political tickets are formulated to catch the widest swath of voters. Obama was seen as a far-left democrat, and putting Biden on the ticket reassured centrists and white people in general. A Sanders/Warren ticket puts to progressives together (no centrist), and they are both New Englanders. They don't even have regional diversity. Sanders would be better off choosing Julian Castro, or Kamala Harris. I think Biden would look good with Warren, and could blunt the anger of progressives if he does beat Sanders.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I'd feel much better about Biden if he picked Warren/Kamala/Stacy.
    Hoping hard for Kamala. I think she's the strongest choice. She'd take NO prisoners anywhere.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Almost all political tickets are formulated to catch the widest swath of voters. Obama was seen as a far-left democrat, and putting Biden on the ticket reassured centrists and white people in general. A Sanders/Warren ticket puts to progressives together (no centrist), and they are both New Englanders. They don't even have regional diversity. Sanders would be better off choosing Julian Castro, or Kamala Harris. I think Biden would look good with Warren, and could blunt the anger of progressives if he does beat Sanders.
    If Warren went as his VP, the Bernie Bro backlash would be swift. They are already blaming Warren for not getting out before Super Tuesday. If she accepted a VP offer from Joe, they would all say this was planned, and that she helped to take down Bernie by not getting out sooner and by not coming out in support of him once she announced the end of her candidacy. Elizabeth would be skewered by the Bernie Bros.

^^^ I've been on the Reddit pages dedicated to Bernie the past couple days. And if there is one thing I've learned, it is that there will be no satisfying his hard-core followers. The most devoted of them have a reactionary, "the whole world is corrupt" worldview. I also want to say that even a Bernie endorsement of another candidate will not bring some of these people along. Which also makes me think that a lot of them are trolls and sh*t stirrers from either Russian or conservative web sites.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

But the world is corrupt...
    Beeyotch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LameAnn View Post
    If Warren went as his VP, the Bernie Bro backlash would be swift. They are already blaming Warren for not getting out before Super Tuesday. If she accepted a VP offer from Joe, they would all say this was planned, and that she helped to take down Bernie by not getting out sooner and by not coming out in support of him once she announced the end of her candidacy. Elizabeth would be skewered by the Bernie Bros.
    Eh, the Bernie Bros hate her already, so what difference would it make?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I'm pretty much a Bernie Bro and I don't hate Warren. In fact I voted for her in the primary.

There are a lot of Bernie supporters who really like Warren, and she was their second choice. The problem I have is with the ones who say a Sanders/Warren ticket would be unstoppable. That ticket would only appeal so people who already support Sanders and would lose undecided and moderates. The fact that they believe Biden would be wiped out in the general election despite leading DJT in the polls by 8 or 9 points (even FoxNews polling) means that they aren't really dealing with objective reality.
    Trixie and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

Ooooh, I just saw an excellent idea on Twitter! Everyone should now advocate for Elizabeth Warren to take Moscow Mitch's job. I'm all in on this.
    Brookie, tulip and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information