Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Like Tree1931Likes

Thread: Race to the White House 2020

Flush that orange Turd on November 3rd!!
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Ok, so here's the latest update from Scott County, Iowa.

We starting taking the ballots out of the secrecy envelopes to run through the machines. For the mail in ballots, which we had 38,000, I was wrong when I said it was Biden with a 4 to 1 edge. Since I saw all the ballots I processed, it was more like 8 to 1. Then we started on the early votes, and it started to even up, but Biden still had a 2 to 1 edge. Then I started to process the votes in north Scott County, which is where the farmers are. Trump dominated there. Probably beat Biden 8 to 1. But there aren't 38,000 farmers in North Scott County. So the edge still goes to Biden at this point.

My heart just had a roller coaster panic attack reading all that.
    tulip, Novice, palta and 2 others like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

All you Americans voted right??? This is make or break for this country. Seriously considering getting out if there are 4 more yrs of Trump --- there will be nothing left but ashes.
    Novice, czb and Brookie like this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Mrs Mo and I voted. Her parents voted - even though they are temporarily in Florida watching Mrs Mo's brother's kids with him. And even Mrs Mo's brother and SIL who are in Thailand right now, voted. They are residents of Texas.
    ManxMouse and Novice like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    All you Americans voted right??? This is make or break for this country. Seriously considering getting out if there are 4 more yrs of Trump --- there will be nothing left but ashes.
    We voted second day of early voting, over two weeks ago. It was packed beyond belief.
    Novice likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

I voted about 2 days after my ballot arrived. Husband turned in his ballot on Sunday night (he likes to wait just in case something comes out about a candidate/issue).

I'm not going to lie. I'm stressed.

It's also my kids birthday today, so I'll be stress baking
    Novice, Mrs Fawlty and tulip like this.

I voted Friday before last in NC. NC is a battleground state, so I desperately hope we can flip it blue.
    Novice and Brookie like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

My spouse voted early from Canada. We are trying to remain hopeful. Thinking good thoughts!
    Novice likes this.

Thank you Louis for all that insider info. Really fascinating. And thank you for your hard work.

I just got back from working and things seemed normal outside so far in NYC. I want to be back home later by 5:30, it will be dark. My friend who lives in a quiet-ish neighborhood told me her apt building hired armed guards for later. That's a first.

I knew the JFK/Nixon election was close but I never looked at the numbers before. 1960. The Democrats took Texas because of LBJ and Republicans took California because Nixon was from there (I guess).

Look at that Popular Vote.

537 members of the Electoral College
    269 electoral votes needed to win
    Turnout 62.8%[1] 2.2 pp
    Nominee John F. Kennedy Richard Nixon
    Party Democratic Republican
    Home state Massachusetts California
    Running mate Lyndon B. Johnson Henry Cabot Lodge Jr.
    Electoral vote 303 219
    States carried 22 26
    Popular vote 34,220,984 34,108,157
    Percentage 49.72% 49.55%

Presidential election results map. Blue denotes states won by Kennedy/Johnson, red denotes those won by Nixon/Lodge, orange denotes the electoral votes for Byrd/Thurmond by Alabama and Mississippi unpledged electors, and a vote for Byrd/Goldwater by an Oklahoma faithless elector. Numbers indicate the number of electoral votes allotted to each state.

President before election
    Dwight D. Eisenhower
    Republican
    Elected President
    John F. Kennedy
    Democrati
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    My heart just had a roller coaster panic attack reading all that.
    Well, it's not going to get any better. We have officially finished with all the mail in and early ballots. I went through Bettendorf and East Davenport, both are really close and evenly split, so no clear run away here. It will depend on election date votes. I am quite sure the parties know where the votes stand, because they have officials there the whole time, and I believe they read the counts at the end of last night.
    Jadestone likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Well, it's not going to get any better. We have officially finished with all the mail in and early ballots. I went through Bettendorf and East Davenport, both are really close and evenly split, so no clear run away here. It will depend on election date votes. I am quite sure the parties know where the votes stand, because they have officials there the whole time, and I believe they read the counts at the end of last night.
    Ugh. Thank you for the update and for your work. Knowing someone involved in the process makes it less like LIES AND FRAUD AND SHENANIGANS!
    OrangeSlice and I'mNotBitter like this.

I cannot do four more years of Trump. I don't think a lot of others can either.
    HWBL, mostroop, Jadestone and 6 others like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

US election: Mystery robocalls urge voters to 'stay home'

Published

35 minutes ago

The FBI is investigating mysterious robocalls urging people across the US to stay home on election day.

Millions of voters have reportedly received automated calls telling them to "stay safe and stay home".

Americans are voting in one of the most divisive presidential polls in decades, pitting incumbent Republican Donald Trump against Democrat Joe Biden.

The origins of the calls remain unclear, and some have not specifically mentioned voting.

"There's a little bit of confusion about this one across the industry," Giulia Porter, vice president at RoboKiller, a company that fights robocalls, told the Reuters news agency.

One of the calls reportedly says: "Hello. This is just a test call. Time to stay home. Stay safe and stay home."

This call that been doing the rounds for almost a year, but became one of the biggest spam calls in the country on Tuesday, Ms Porter said.

Officials have raised concerns over robocalls in the key battleground state Michigan, including one urging residents in the city of Flint to "vote tomorrow" because of long queues.

"Obviously this is FALSE and an effort to suppress the vote," Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel tweeted. "Don't fall for it."

Janaka Stucky, a Democratic voter in Massachusetts, said he had received a robocall early on election day.

"My first thought was that actually it was a municipal test call for a Covid lockdown thing," he told Reuters.

"The more I thought about it I was like, oh this actually feels really off and weird and then started to feel like it was some sort of, maybe, voter suppression effort," he added.

New York State officials are also investigating allegations of robocalls spreading disinformation and encouraging people to stay home.

"Attempts to hinder voters from exercising their right to cast their ballots are disheartening, disturbing, and wrong," New York Attorney General Letitia James said.

The FBI has said it is aware of reports of robocalls but has not commented further.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54802115

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    I cannot do four more years of Trump. I don't think a lot of others can either.
    Man, I can still remember the day after the elections in 2016 or the first moments when I realized the fucker would win, which was still quite early on during the projections. How everybody kept saying about states that Hillary lost "don't worry, those are red states, they'd never vote for a democrat" and I kept telling them to look at the margins by which Hillary won states and the asshat won states. Gawd. We all were in a daze for weeks if not months after the 2016 election. And then the circus began and hasn't stopped yet. We're just so happy we're not actually IN the US anymore. If that asshole "wins" again, we're probably never going back again.
    Jadestone likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post

One of the calls reportedly says: "Hello. This is just a test call. Time to stay home. Stay safe and stay home."
    Oh, so THAT is what the weird message was that we were receiving! The robocalls weren't leaving messages correctly, so sometimes all we'd hear on the answering machine is "stay safe and stay home," and other times not even that much. We've been getting those calls for a couple weeks now at our house.

Funny, because we got a cheery message from Ted Nugent encouraging us to go and vote. We also got several messages from Ronna Romney-McDaniel encouraging turning in the absentee ballot asap, and I think her recording started to malfunction over the days that they used it, so one time it repeated one word several times and stopped, and then the next couple days we received messages that had only one syllable.

If their robocall game is any indication of the strength of the GOP, I'd say Biden has it in the bag, but obviously there are a lot of other factors involved.
    wife: Why is your back all scratched up?
    [flashback to me chasing a raccoon after she told me to leave it alone]
    me: I'm having an affair (by @iwearaonesie
    on Twitter)

Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread Information