Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A question for Democrats re: Barack Obama and super delegates

Why is Clinton's machine any more well oiled and dishonest than any other politician's? Do you honestly think that Barack has never done a backroom deal? It goes with the territory when you play in the big leagues.

Does anyone realize Obama is getting the votes NOW, but come November it's going to be all about McCain? Why are they trying to keep McCain under the radar? Isn't he doing just as well, if not better, with the Republican & Independent support he's receiving?

Everything about this is odd to say the least. But no one really wants to look at the big picture.... just today.

He's a ploy plain & simple. You can't attack him or his "dreams" in anyway or you're labeled a racist if you're non-Black.... & an uncle tom if you're Black. Total bull$hit!! Everyone knows who controls the BIG DOLLARS in the good ole US of A. And Obama is receiving plenty of it. Is it because of his policies? No. Is it because of his background? No. Is it because of his affiliations? Yes. He's the Democrat that could get that other Democrat out of the way when it's time to vote for our next Republican President.

And it's kind of humorous that Americans believe that Southerners are going to support this man. All political correctness to the side for a moment... Some of the most racist muthafuggas come from down south. I've witnessed it. Been a victim of it. And know it's here to stay.

JMO
    & not a single fuck was given...

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

This delegate crap and the electoral college are a load of horse shit.

I think the Super Delegate system truly SUCKS! Hillary could very well steal the election.
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sm0kah0ntas View Post
    Does anyone realize Obama is getting the votes NOW, but come November it's going to be all about McCain? Why are they trying to keep McCain under the radar? Isn't he doing just as well, if not better, with the Republican & Independent support he's receiving?

Everything about this is odd to say the least. But no one really wants to look at the big picture.... just today.

He's a ploy plain & simple. You can't attack him or his "dreams" in anyway or you're labeled a racist if you're non-Black.... & an uncle tom if you're Black. Total bull$hit!! Everyone knows who controls the BIG DOLLARS in the good ole US of A. And Obama is receiving plenty of it. Is it because of his policies? No. Is it because of his background? No. Is it because of his affiliations? Yes. He's the Democrat that could get that other Democrat out of the way when it's time to vote for our next Republican President.

And it's kind of humorous that Americans believe that Southerners are going to support this man. All political correctness to the side for a moment... Some of the most racist muthafuggas come from down south. I've witnessed it. Been a victim of it. And know it's here to stay.

JMO
    You're dead on! I don't know why more people don't see it.
    Burt Johnson: I don't drink because drinking affects your decision-making.
    Arthur: You may be right. I can't decide.

Seriously, if anybody is dense enough to want 4 more years of Repuke rule then your whole country needs a major enema.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

What makes you think that McCain would be able to trump Obama in November? Obama is getting more support than McCain from both Dems and Independents, and he's getting Republican votes, too. McCain has people in his own party that don't want anything to do with him. Plus, McCain is pro-war, and the majority of the country is against the war. In fact, most of the troops who are donating money to campaigns are donating to Obama and Ron Paul, both who are against the war. So, how is it that people are not looking at the big picture?

JMO
    And I think it's an insult to Obama to label him as simply a 'ploy.' The Dems didn't put Obama up as a candidate. He put himself out there as a candidate, and has become a frontrunner. Now I agree with you that some people are labeled 'racist' if they attack Obama. Just like some people are labeled 'sexist' if they attack Hillary. But, overall, people who aren't backing Obama aren't automatically being labeled 'racists.'

And I don't see too many blacks being called 'uncle toms' for backing Hillary instead of Obama. Actually, it's the black people supporting Hillary who are calling Obama's 'blackness' into question.

And considering that Obama is winning heavily in the Southern and Midwest primaries, how can you be so sure that the same support won't translate into votes in November, if he gets the nomination? I mean, I understand the cynicism as a black man in regards to the South, but, at the same time, the current numbers have to count for something. And one of the reasons why Obama is winning heavily in the South is because of the record turnout in black voters. So, don't you think those same black voters are going to vote for him in November, if he gets the nomination?

I agree wtih you that racism is alive and well, not just in the south, but everywhere. But the fact that you have large numbers of blacks and whites in the south and midwest backing Obama can't just be ignored.

Obama has more than just a shot at winning, I'd expect him to win against McCain. Just look at the turnout between the Republican and Democratic races, in Virginia for example, Obama alone received more votes than McCain, Huckabee, and Paul COMBINED. Now if you figure even if Hillary's voters split 50-50 between Obama and McCain, he still wouldn't have a chance. The Democratic races have consistently had the greater ratio in turnout. McCain does have some ability to grab Independent voters and even some Dem crossover, but even if he got all the Republican vote by default (and in reality, he probably won't because the extreme conservatives won't fold, and a lot will stay home) he'd have to get some astronomically high crossover digits just to break even.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information